Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live Cam From Pep Rally

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3471123]I guess I hafta put one of those I'm just kidding icons in next time[/QUOTE]

After his SNY locker room speech I'd have believed it. Didn't mean to be a prick, was just curious.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    How many showed up? I gotta believe there are a TON of bandwagoners there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3471190]How many showed up? I gotta believe there are a TON of bandwagoners there.[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA, the Jets have bandwagon fans. What a great problem to have.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from the Pep Rally.

Rex was NOT there and did not speak.

Patterson was initally booed and the idiot only made it worse by LISTING ALL OUR PREVIOUS FAILURES!!?!!:huh:

Tons of tourists and bandwagon people trickling out from work.

Real highlights:

1) Leon
    2) Curtis leading Chant
    3) Saw Polidore in full garb off on the side in front of the ABC studio.
    4) Renaming Manhattan until we lose REVIS ISLAND!!!

with HUGE NY GREEN Street sign made and Bloomy said everyone should pose in front of it while it's there:)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gas2No99;3471255]Just got back from the Pep Rally.

Rex was NOT there and did not speak.

Patterson was initally booed and the idiot only made it worse by LISTING ALL OUR PREVIOUS FAILURES!!?!!:huh:

Tons of tourists and bandwagon people trickling out from work.

Real highlights:

1) Leon
    2) Curtis leading Chant
    3) Saw Polidore in full garb off on the side in front of the ABC studio.
    4) Renaming Manhattan until we lose REVIS ISLAND!!!

with HUGE NY GREEN Street sign made and Bloomy said everyone should pose in front of it while it's there:)[/QUOTE]

Hey, not ALL of the people trickling out from work are bandwagoners! I'm lucky I got out before 6 and got there when I did. There definitely were some who had no idea about the team, and some tourists, but most of the people seemed like real Jet fans. I was able to tell by the fact they actually owned more than 2 pieces of Jet clothing... something only a psychopath like one of us can say!

It was fun... hilarious when that guy Jason DeRulo essentially got drowned out by boos and j-e-t-s chants.
    Last edited by Bullitt245; 01-21-2010 at 08:18 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bullitt245;3471274] It was fun... hilarious when that guy Jason DeRulo essentially got drowned out by boos and j-e-t-s chants.[/QUOTE]

That was [B]BRUTAL[/B]!!!!!

Not only was he bad, but he was BOOED off stage in the heart of times square. Felt bad for the guy, probably a dream gig, and it COMPLETELY BOMBED!!!

Jets fans let you know, and believe me, that guy was EMBARRASSED :O

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bullitt245;3471274]Hey, not ALL of the people trickling out from work are bandwagoners! I'm lucky I got out before 6 and got there when I did. There definitely were some, and some tourists, but I think anybody who actually owns more than 2 pieces of clothing isn't one of them... and they were out!

It was fun... [B][U]hilarious when that guy Jason DeRulo essentially got drowned out by boos and j-e-t-s chants[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

I loved that as well. :yes:

He looked like Michael Jackson from the Bad video...how the hell do you not wear Green & White to a Jets rally?

There were also two German tourists in front of me who had NOOOOO idea what was going on.
    Last edited by dassin; 01-21-2010 at 08:23 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dassin;3471282]I loved that as well. :yes:

He looked like Michael Jackson from the Bad video...how the hell do you not wear Green & White to a Jets rally?

There were also two German tourists in front of me who had NOOOOO idea what was going on.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

To have Times Square lit up in Jet green for a rally was an awesome idea by the organization. To have Jason DeRulo perform in front of Jet fans was a terrible idea.

Other than the booing, the best parts were Leon coming up the steps and Curtis leading the chants.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was an AWESOME showing...must've been several thousand , maybe more.

When Curtis led the Jets chant, that place was rocking!

The boos for bloomberg and the R&B guy were comical...I'm glad Woody got a strong ovation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me and a buddy of mine went to the rally. There were a ton of Jets fans there. Patterson gave the worst speech in history and the singer was horrible.

But a lot of Jets fans in the city and we had a great time having a few drinks after.