Thread: Sanchez ALREADY tied most PO wins in Jets History/Peyton vs 3-4 in Playoffs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez ALREADY tied most PO wins in Jets History/Peyton vs 3-4 in Playoffs

Didn't see this posted anywhere....

Mark Sanchez is tied for the most PLAYOFF WINS in Jets history for a QB already with Namath, Pennington and Todd. Had no idea Namath only won 2, I'm only 27 years old so wasn't around then but I'm pretty sure they would only be 1 playoff game then the Super Bowl so QBs of today have more of a chance to get more Ws under their belt.

and also...

Peyton Manning has lost last 5 playoff games against teams that run a primary 3-4 defense (mostly Pats I assume) even though our D is alot diffrent from Steelers/Pats 3-4s but still comparable. Mannings stats last 12 games vs NYJ (including playoffs) 13 TD 13 INT 7 wins 5 loses.

Most of those matchups with the Jets hold no water for Sunday since players and coaches change so often but still a couple stats I saw on ESPN that I thought were interesting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3471059]Didn't see this posted anywhere....

Mark Sanchez is tied for the most PLAYOFF WINS in Jets history for a QB already with Namath, Pennington and Todd. Had no idea Namath only won 2, I'm only 27 years old so wasn't around then but I'm pretty sure they would only be 1 playoff game then the Super Bowl so QBs of today have more of a chance to get more Ws under their belt.

and also...

Peyton Manning has lost last 5 playoff games against teams that run a primary 3-4 defense (mostly Pats I assume) even though our D is alot diffrent from Steelers/Pats 3-4s but still comparable. Mannings stats last 12 games vs NYJ (including playoffs) 13 TD 13 INT 7 wins 5 loses.

Most of those matchups with the Jets hold no water for Sunday since players and coaches change so often but still a couple stats I saw on ESPN that I thought were interesting.[/QUOTE]

Pats and Steelers.

What's sort of interesting is that, while they are both 3-4 teams, they have very different approaches to how they operate out of it, making it hard to generalize.

The Steelers are relentless blitzers (like the Jets), while the Pats tended to be more of the read-and-react school, helped greatly by tremendous DB play.

The Jets blitz like the Steelers but cover like the Pats (Revis is a Ty Law clone in many ways), yet Rex has historically gotten mixed results versus Manning.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started a thread saying that if Sanchez wins this Sunday he'd be the QB with the most playoff wins in Jets history.

It's pretty ridiculous he's already tied for first.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3471059]Didn't see this posted anywhere....

Mark Sanchez is tied for the most PLAYOFF WINS in Jets history for a QB already with Namath, Pennington and Todd. [/QUOTE]

That's so sad. :(

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3471136]I started a thread saying that if Sanchez wins this Sunday he'd be the QB with the most playoff wins in Jets history.

It's pretty ridiculous he's already tied for first.[/QUOTE]

It is I couldnt believe it myself when I first heard it, I realize when Namath played that there was only 1 playoff game a year before the Super Bowl but still you think that someone would have atleast 3, I mean Montana has I believe 16 to himself and even Peyton has 8 and he has been considered a playoff choker at times, but atleast Sanchez can hopefully be the start of something special for this organization.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surely Chad Pennington won more than 2 playoff games in his 6 years starting for the Jets...surely he did :(!