Thread: Sunday Coin Toss

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunday Coin Toss

If we win the coin toss Sunday.

Do we stick with our plan all season, defer and give Manning the ball first or do we take the ball first.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of getting the ball to start the 2nd half and love the mentality of our defense is good enough to stop you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, have to stick with the usual....defer and get the ball to start the 2nd half...put our defense out there first.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PrestigeWorldwide;3471777]If we win the coin toss Sunday.

Do we stick with our plan all season, defer and give Manning the ball first or do we take the ball first.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of getting the ball to start the 2nd half and love the mentality of our defense is good enough to stop you.[/QUOTE]

you really started a thread about this? every time we won the toss we chose to kick off including last week, so why would it be different.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3471791]you really started a thread about this? every time we won the toss we chose to kick off including last week, so why would it be different.[/QUOTE]

my bad, i'll ask for your approval next time

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PrestigeWorldwide;3471794]my bad, i'll ask for your approval next time[/QUOTE]

no problem, just PM me and ill get back to you as soon as possible

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Be true to ourselves"

"This is Jets football"

I'd be shocked if we did anything different.

I prefer the defer personally because if the goal is to make the Colts Defense wear down, it's better to compress their plays into a shorter span of time. It may seem like a trifle, but if their offense starts with the ball, that means their Defense is playing all their plays in maybe 56-57 minutes instead of 60 and they have to hit the field immediately after halftime. This fits with our 'stay close in the first half and ram it down their throats in the second" philosophy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PrestigeWorldwide;3471794]my bad, i'll ask for your approval next time[/QUOTE]

WHT THE FREAKING F**K DO ANY OF YOU CARE WHO STARTS THREADS AND FOR WHAT REASON??

you sound like a bunch of old ladies only looking for something to whine and bi*ch about

you don't like a thread, go get your nails done & don't post in it but for the love of mike, S T F U already

geez

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like to defer.

It gives you the possibility of back-to-back possessions to end the 1st half and start the second half. If you take advantage of those possessions, it can be a real momentum changer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I go with defer as well. If you force a punt, you get the ball as well as the ball to start the second half. Even if you give up points, you still have the chance to respond with points as well as get the ball in the second half.

If you take the ball and go 3 and out, all the momentum is back with the Colts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Receiving the second half kickoff strikes me as a no-lose situation. If you're behind, it gives you the chance to get momentum. If you're ahead, it gives you the chance to bury your opponent.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beemer;3471866]Receiving the second half kickoff strikes me as a no-lose situation. If you're behind, it gives you the chance to get momentum. If you're ahead, it gives you the chance to bury your opponent.[/QUOTE]

Yep - what he said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defer.

Our plan is to keep the game close into the second half, so it's nice to get the ball first after halftime.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;3471837]WHT THE FREAKING F**K DO ANY OF YOU CARE WHO STARTS THREADS AND FOR WHAT REASON??

you sound like a bunch of old ladies only looking for something to whine and bi*ch about

you don't like a thread, go get your nails done & don't post in it but [B]for the love of mik[/B]e, S T F U already

geez[/QUOTE]

the love of mike? what are you gay?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our entire gameplan is pounding the run until we wear out our opponents. We'd want the extra possession when they're already tired.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3471791]you really started a thread about this? every time we won the toss we chose to kick off including last week, so why would it be different.[/QUOTE]

right...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defer.

There's no other choice. As NYC mentioned, Rex's motto is be true to yourself. That's Jets football.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PrestigeWorldwide;3471777]If we win the coin toss Sunday.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of getting the ball to start the 2nd half and love the mentality of our defense is good enough to stop you.[/QUOTE]

Getting the ball in the 2nd half is sooooooooooo huge if its a close game or if we are behind.

especially for morale and mindset.

I coach high school football and always defer...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as we don't do this, we're good!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE&feature=related[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know we'd defer, but what's also good...
    If Indy wins the toss, I bet they receive.
    WE WILL WIN!!!