Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching Sanchez Highlights From San Diego Convinced Me That He Can Win It For Us

JetsInsider.com Legend

Watching Sanchez Highlights From San Diego Convinced Me That He Can Win It For Us

Forget this 'game manager' stuff. That TD pass was an absolute thing of beauty. The progressions, the reaction, the slide, the patience, the location, the zip. Mark threw that pass before Dustin even made the lateral break.

All day, his throws were right where they needed to be. No balloons for WR's to leap for, no ducks for WR's to contort for. He throws with accuracy and, importantly, confidence.

We all know what Plan A is to steal a win in Indianapolis. Play a stifling D, run the ball, wear 'em out.

I think deep down we all know that Plan A is going to be scrapped in the 3rd quarter, and it's going to come down to Plan B which is Mark Sanchez attempting a furious 13 point comeback. And I'm okay with that.

SAR I

All Pro
    You're supposed to talk about how we haven't got a chance. How we don't belong here. How much we will lose by, and who should be fired. Let's stick with what works. OK?:yes:

All League
    I think, that while the motto will remain 'ground and pound'...they'll take a few shots deep early like they did in Jacksonville...except this time, they'll have better results.

The progressions? Come on, you KNOW that Rex and Schotty took away more than half his reads after he started stinking it up midseason.

WTF is going on here? :wow:

Banned
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3471958]WTF is going on here? :wow:[/QUOTE]

SAR has a worse complex than Sybil.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3471934]Forget this 'game manager' stuff. That TD pass was an absolute thing of beauty. The progressions, the reaction, the slide, the patience, the location, the zip. Mark threw that pass before Dustin even made the lateral break.

All day, his throws were right where they needed to be. No balloons for WR's to leap for, no ducks for WR's to contort for. He throws with accuracy and, importantly, confidence.

We all know what Plan A is to steal a win in Indianapolis. Play a stifling D, run the ball, wear 'em out.

I think deep down we all know that Plan A is going to be scrapped in the 3rd quarter, and it's going to come down to Plan B which is Mark Sanchez attempting a furious 13 point comeback. And I'm okay with that.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I agree with you to a point. there were a few throws that he made that easily could have gotten our receivers hurt (specifically the throw to Cotch in the left flat that looked like Cotch got hurt on). Sanchez concerns me sometimes, but I do feel that he can do what needs to be done to win the game with our ground attack.

Sannchez is the real deal....3 td's this sunday..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;3471947]You're supposed to talk about how we haven't got a chance. How we don't belong here. How much we will lose by, and who should be fired. Let's stick with what works. OK?:yes:[/QUOTE]

Oh, we don't have a chance, trust me. Going to be a loss, for sure. Hoping that it's not painful. That it's swift and complete.

What I'm saying is that when it comes to us being down 13 in the second half, and it certainly will, that Sanchez will get a chance to lead us back. That will be a defining moment for him and the team. And that, from what I've seen, he'll have a chance to do something besides manage a game.

Not saying we're winning. Just saying that when it comes down to being behind by 2 or 3 scores and we've got to abandon the run that I think Mark is going to be okay. Losing is one thing, but how you lose is another thing entirely. I want Mark to come out of this game feeling good about himself and the future.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3471967]SAR has a worse complex than Sybil.[/QUOTE]

I hate the playoffs. Totally sucks. Haven't been effective at work in weeks.

SAR I

Veteran
    2nd half Mark Sanchez played very well except for the INT. 1st half Mark Sanchez missed a few easy throws that really stifled the offense. Hopefully we see 2nd half Mark Sanchez all game

I don't need him to "win it for us" . . . he just needs to keep the chains moving, which he did a GREAT job of last week (after the first few possessions).

Of course I want the "3 TD's" like everyone else does, but each time we convert, it keeps Manning off the field and that is the DEFINITION of addition by subtraction:yes:

Need the running game to take control this week, Sanchez is not going to throw for 3TDs, nor will we execute a gameplan that will ask him to.

Hall Of Fame
    [IMG]http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/attention_whore2.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3471986]I don't need him to "win it for us" . . . he just needs to keep the chains moving, which he did a GREAT job of last week (after the first few possessions).

Of course I want the "3 TD's" like everyone else does, but each time we convert, it keeps Manning off the field and that is the DEFINITION of addition by subtraction[/QUOTE]

10% = The likelihood that the Colts are contained like CIN and SD were by the 3rd quarter and the game is within a single score.

70% = The likelihood that the Colts are ahead by 10 to 14 points by the 3rd quarter, and the Jets abandon the running game entirely.

20% = The likelihood that the Colts have run away with it, blowing us out of the building.

I'm just cutting to the chase and putting us in the 70% situation, saying we're at Plan B by the 3rd quarter, Sanchez has to do something significant to win it in the air, and that I'm comfortable with that from what I've seen the past few weeks.

SAR I

[IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn318/ClinicallyClueless/Animals/stop-posting.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Kotch;3471993]Need the running game to take control this week, Sanchez is not going to throw for 3TDs, nor will we execute a gameplan that will ask him to.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know what the dream is, but that's not going to happen.

Imagine a game where it's 3-and-out city. The dome is warm. Defense is getting gassed. Peyton is methodical, killing us on lengthy drives. Killing the clock, putting up 14 points. Our running game is stuffed, the backs and OL exhausted from a failing ground attack.

Plan B time. I feel good about Mark being able to be trusted to get us back in the game. That's all I'm saying.

SAR I

SAR..........you're killing me. Enjoy the moment. If the Jets tank it, we have 9 months to lament the reasons why. 20, 70, 10% ........ sheesh. This game comes down to nerves. Who's the biggest playoff choker? It ain't Sanchez, he hasn't been here before. I'll give ya a hint (wink,wink), big ass forehead, lays in fetal position to avoid a sack, can be easily flustered if the defenses aren't that transparent, makes commercials 'cuz he's a funny guy in a big man's body, etc....hmmmm, wonder who that might be. IF, the Jets don't beat themselves, we have EVERY chance to win this game. We NEED to play Jets ball, avoid costly turnovers, and 'ground and pound' :yes:

Here are some facts which everyone knows:

The Jets have the best running game in the NFL.
    The Colts have a terrible run defense. Not to run 40 times is foolish.
    The Colts have a smallish D line. The Jets can dominate. Burn clock like crazy.

The Colts have a great passing attack. The Jets have a great pass D. Manning did not look that good against the Jets last time. That's what happens with a good pass D.
    The Colts can't run the ball - worst in the NFL. One trick pony.

Sanchez is a game manager right now. Let's wait a couple years before Canton. If he tries to be a mad bomber it will play into Indy's hands. The Jets' season turned when Rex took the ball out of Sanchez's hands. It was a smart move.

Don't change what got ya here. Jets can win this with disciplined play. Just be boring but brutal on offense.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3471981]I hate the playoffs. Totally sucks. Haven't been effective at work in weeks.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Nor at posting. Sorry SAR, but give it a rest. Even patient JI posters like me have had enough. One day, it's SOJ, then it's SOJ has been exorcised, then it's "we're gonna lose" then it's "Sanchez gives me hope." :rolleyes: