Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watching Sanchez Highlights From San Diego Convinced Me That He Can Win It For Us

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3472153]Nor at posting. Sorry SAR, but give it a rest. Even patient JI posters like me have had enough. One day, it's SOJ, then it's SOJ has been exorcised, then it's "we're gonna lose" then it's "Sanchez gives me hope." :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It's Schizo-SAR....
    But I feel great about The Sanchez too...
    I don't give a s*it about what the "analysts" say...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar's "act" is getting really old..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where's Jetsrule128 and SBIII been lately?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3471997]10% = The likelihood that the Colts are contained like CIN and SD were by the 3rd quarter and the game is within a single score.

70% = The likelihood that the Colts are ahead by 10 to 14 points by the 3rd quarter, and the Jets abandon the running game entirely.

20% = The likelihood that the Colts have run away with it, blowing us out of the building.

I'm just cutting to the chase and putting us in the 70% situation, saying we're at Plan B by the 3rd quarter, Sanchez has to do something significant to win it in the air, and that I'm comfortable with that from what I've seen the past few weeks.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Here's the problem with that logic . . . are the Colts getting a bunch of possessions to build that lead, or are they scoring most of the time they get the ball?

If Sanchez can just keep the chains moving, there's nothing Manning can do from the sidelines. Can he still put up double-digits on us? Sure, but I'll take my chances our D will put up a fight.

But no matter how good our D is, Manning will break through if we give him enough chances.

In a way, I'm agreeing with you . . . Sanchez CAN win this game for us. But not by how many points he puts on the board, but rather by how well he can execute the plays and keep their D on the field.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3472153]Nor at posting. Sorry SAR, but give it a rest. Even patient JI posters like me have had enough. One day, it's SOJ, then it's SOJ has been exorcised, then it's "we're gonna lose" then it's "Sanchez gives me hope." [/QUOTE]

Never said SOJ has been exorcised. Said the opposite, in fact.

All this post is saying is "we're gonna lose but Sanchez gives me hope". Want him to come out of this with confidence intact. Been very consistent. Nothing is forcing you to read my posts. You see me in the subject line, avoid it. Simple stuff.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    every sports network and analyst will crunch numbers on all this stuff, and sometimes it can reveal something important. but in the end, you can throw all the stats out the window here. in the afc championship game, what matters is how players play under pressure. last week we saw a pro bowl qb crack at home under pressure, making a terrible decision from his own end zone. sanchez on the other hand converted a 3rd and goal when he had to. then you had a pro bowl kicker choke while feeley nailed a key fg that changed the flow of the game. if sanchez is a guy who plays well under pressure, which so far seems to be true, then the jets have a chance. there are no stats for this, nor can you predict it with any accuracy. if your qb and kicker play well under pressure, you can win. if they don't, you're in trouble.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3472316]Here's the problem with that logic . . . are the Colts getting a bunch of possessions to build that lead, or are they scoring most of the time they get the ball?

If Sanchez can just keep the chains moving, there's nothing Manning can do from the sidelines. Can he still put up double-digits on us? Sure, but I'll take my chances our D will put up a fight.

But no matter how good our D is, Manning will break through if we give him enough chances.

In a way, I'm agreeing with you . . . Sanchez CAN win this game for us. But not by how many points he puts on the board, but rather by how well he can execute the plays and keep their D on the field.[/QUOTE]

The Colts defense that I saw last week isn't going to allow us to move the chains methodically, and they can take away the run if they want to. Sanchez is going to have to win this game for us. Based on what I've seen the last few weeks, I think he's up to the task. It's daunting, but the only way we're going to go toe-to-toe with Peyton is to set Mark free.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    OT... but I think it's time to change that signature SAR.

I know it has only been one season but lumping Rex in with those others seems downright silly at this point.:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3472353]Never said SOJ has been exorcised. Said the opposite, in fact.

All this post is saying is "we're gonna lose but Sanchez gives me hope". Want him to come out of this with confidence intact. Been very consistent. Nothing is forcing you to read my posts. You see me in the subject line, avoid it. Simple stuff.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Dude, not turning this into a pi*sing contest, just saying you weren't always like this...in fact, I agreed with a lot of your posts (NOT kissing a*s here), but as of late it seems as though you're this negative nelly-type. Enjoy the ride, we weren't to get in the playoffs and we weren't expected to make it this far for sure.