Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second-class citizens?

Veteran

Second-class citizens?

For the last few years I heard fans claim we were second class or the "other" New York team. But looking at everything that we have received as Jet fans over the last 2 weeks in terms of attention and pep rallies how is that even true. We have better fans than the Giants and we Manhatten has been renamed after one of our players. Again besides our teams failures on the field what makes us second class?

True. NY I feel likes the Jets more than the Giants. It's the dumbass Vagiants fans that want to make it seem like no body likes us. Look at all the famous celebs that love the Jets, not the Giants. They're envious.

The Jets have turned the tides and I was thinking the same thing, they didn't do any of this for the Giants. Come on, Manhattan is officially Revis Island. That's sick.

NY loves a winner, and the Jets are winning. It's nothing more and nothing less.

All League
    Like my wife who comes from a Giants family said, "They didn't re-name Manhattan for the Giants"!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;3472094]NY loves a winner, and the Jets are winning. It's nothing more and nothing less.[/QUOTE]

You want to be first class, win a Super Bowl.

In the 80's the Mets were first class in NY. Now, it's the Yankees. It's like that in every city, winners get respect.

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;3472204]Like my wife who comes from a Giants family said, "They didn't re-name Manhattan for the Giants"![/QUOTE]

Giants still have more fans and 3 super bowls

[QUOTE=kdelgado;3472053]For the last few years I heard fans claim we were second class or the "other" New York team. But looking at everything that we have received as Jet fans over the last 2 weeks in terms of attention and pep rallies how is that even true. We have better fans than the Giants and we Manhatten has been renamed after one of our players. Again besides our teams failures on the field what makes us second class?[/QUOTE]

We have great fans but so do they. What these last few weeks have shown is that the Jets can own this town as well. Inevitably, we will gain more fans with the attention we have received. And should we win Sunday, we will pick up more fans, especially young, impressionable kids looking for a team to latch on to. Up to this point, the perception of the fan bases (mostly myths perpetrated by the old media guard like Francessa) has been that Giants fans are better fans.

The bottom line is that this town IS big enough for both fan bases. And unlike baseball, there seems to be a lot of fans that crossover and root for both teams.

Banned
    [QUOTE=southside;3472066]True. NY I feel likes the Jets more than the Giants.[/QUOTE]

Only a delusional Jets fans would make a silly comment like that. :rolleyes:

The Giants own, and will continue to own, the New York market.

Hell, the Jets have been tenants in their stadium for the last 25 years.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3472227]Only a delusional Jets fans would make a silly comment like that. :rolleyes:

Hell, the Jets have been tenants in their stadium for the last 25 years.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you live in Houston, wtf would you know about NY. I see Jets clothing everywhere. My friends who went to see the playoff games in bars told me the cheering was deafening. Right now the town has Jets fever, even Giants fans are calling into the talk shows praising this Jets team.

[QUOTE=Glenn_G;3472244]Dude, you live in Houston, wtf would you know about NY. I see Jets clothing everywhere. My friends who went to see the playoff games in bars told me the cheering was deafening. Right now the town has Jets fever, even Giants fans are calling into the talk shows praising this Jets team.[/QUOTE]

even if he did live in NY, what would he know? he doesn't leave his elderly home

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3472227]Only a delusional Jets fans would make a silly comment like that. :rolleyes:

[B]Hell, the Jets have been tenants in their stadium for the last 25 years[/B].[/QUOTE]

Things change.

You once were a dynasty. Those days are over.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Glenn_G;3472244]Dude, you live in Houston, wtf would you know about NY.[/QUOTE]

A hell of a lot more than you do.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Jets definitely own the town this month.

That is why it is NOT okay to support the Giants. It's a zero sum game in NY and all things being equal, the Giants win out.

So to sum up:

Jets in playoffs, Giants in playoffs. Good.

Jets in playoffs, Giants sitting home. Better.

I still think of the Jets as the "working class" team and the Giants as more of a "Hollywood" team.

Banned
    [QUOTE=AbstraKt;3472315]I still think of the Jets as the "working class" team and the Giants as more of a "Hollywood" team.[/QUOTE]

I look at it in terms of "winners" and "losers".

I'm sure you can figure out which team is which.

Hell, the Jets have been tenants in their stadium for the last 25 years.[/QUOTE]

You're seriously trolling during the week of the AFC Championship game, in which the Jets are actually playing?

Rookie
    And well into their history in New England, the Pats* were second class to the Giants, when the Giants didnt even play there!

Go crawl back under a rock.

Jets fans - enjoy this week and this month and the good times ahead for this fanbase!

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3472255]A hell of a lot more than you do.[/QUOTE]

Very insightful. What's your next retort, I know you are but what am I?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=AbstraKt;3472315]I still think of the Jets as the "working class" team and the Giants as more of a "Hollywood" team.[/QUOTE]

You're nuts.James Gandolfini, Denzel Washington, and Adam Sandler who was at the Charger game rooting them on last week, are all big time Jet fans..Almost all of the major stars in Hollywood who are from NY are Jet fans.

Don't forget Kevin James, the biggest Jet fan of them all.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 01-22-2010 at 01:49 PM.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3472319]I look at it in terms of "winners" and "losers".

I'm sure you can figure out which team is which.[/QUOTE]

Jets in the AFCCG= Winners
    Giants watching it from their homes after missing the playoffs= Losers.