Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Mannings playoff record...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Mannings playoff record...

Is 8 - 8, yep thats right folks one of the top 3 QB's to ever play the game shows up very small in the playoffs. Get some pressure on him early in the game and book your flight to Miami.

To show you the difference I believe Brady is 14 - 3 in the playoffs. I am not saying that Brady is better than Manning. I am saying Manning is a very average playoff QB.

a lot of pressure on him in this game, the boy cannot handle pressure. Knock him on his ass a couple of times early and he will start throwing people under the bus.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as pressure, one could argue that maybe he doesn't feel as much anymore since he's already won a SB. But the numbers definitely don't lie -- he's been very beatable in the playoffs. First quarter is huge. Like last week, if the game is close after 1 quarter, or even better the first half, it really turns into the type of game we like to play.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he started poorly, like 0-4 or something like that, so he may be figuring it out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3472270]Is 8 - 8, yep thats right folks one of the top 3 QB's to ever play the game shows up very small in the playoffs. Get some pressure on him early in the game and book your flight to Miami.

To show you the difference I believe Brady is 14 - 3 in the playoffs. I am not saying that Brady is better than Manning. I am saying Manning is a very average playoff QB.

[B]a lot of pressure on him in this game[/B], the boy cannot handle pressure. Knock him on his ass a couple of times early and he will start throwing people under the bus.[/QUOTE]

If the Jets blitz off the edge, Manning will eat them alive.

Just like Brady, Manning has a very tough time when pressure comes up the middle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3472284]If the Jets blitz off the edge, Manning will eat them alive.

Just like Brady, Manning has a very tough time when pressure comes up the middle.[/QUOTE]

Got to get him out of the pocket, inside pressure, outside pressure, got to get him out of there.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3472284]If the Jets blitz off the edge, Manning will eat them alive.

Just like Brady, Manning has a very tough time when pressure comes up the middle.[/QUOTE]

The Jets blitz the A Gap very well.....at times. When its disguised to perfection, the Guard and Center are occupied and the first blitzer (often times Scott takes out the back, allowing the DB behind (Leonhard perhaps) a clean shot at the QB.

When it doesn't work, the Center or Guard closes the Gap and essentially picks up two blitzers on his own and gives the QB all day to throw. With a guy like Manning calling the blocking schemes, we need to be sure that we disguise those blitzes perfectly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Also it can be done remember this....

"Well lets just say we had some protection problems" :D

And that defense was not as good as this one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3472283]I think he started poorly, like 0-4 or something like that, so he may be figuring it out.[/QUOTE]

Not really, JW.

He started off 0-3 ('99, '00, '02)
    Then went 3-3 ('03 - '05)
    Went 4-0 (06)
    Then 1-2 ('07 - '09)

If you really look at it, the Colts won the title in 2006 and Peyton is 4-8 in the postseason in all other years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3472294]Not really, JW.

He started off 0-3 ('99, '00, '02)
    Then went 3-3 ('03 - '05)
    Went 4-0 (06)
    Then 1-2 ('07 - '09)

If you really look at it, the Colts won the title in 2006 and Peyton is 4-8 in the postseason in all other years.[/QUOTE]
    thanks for checking...it's better for us than I thought :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3472300]thanks for checking...it's better for us than I thought :cool:[/QUOTE]

Another good sign:

Peyton threw 16 INTs this year which is his highest total since 2002. He also threw 2 INTs against the Ravens (one was called back).

Peyton has also thrown a higher percentage of INTs in the postseason than he does in the regular season.

He will throw balls up for grabs and the Jets defenders need to catch them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I keep saying - just because your performance in the regular season is excellent, what does it matter if you got nothing to show for it when it really matters??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter what Manning does, he can throw 6 picks, and they will be called back by the refs. He can fumble 3 times, and at least two of them will be ruled dead ball. He can be sacked 4 times, and at least two of them will be a roughing the passer call.

This Sunday will be a prime of example of favortism. Watch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3472468]It doesn't matter what Manning does, he can throw 6 picks, and they will be called back by the refs. He can fumble 3 times, and at least two of them will be ruled dead ball. He can be sacked 4 times, and at least two of them will be a roughing the passer call.

This Sunday will be a prime of example of favortism. Watch.[/QUOTE]

I agree very much with this statement. There will be a lot of defensive holding calls on the Jets in this one and a lot of offensive holding calls for the Colts overlooked. Mark it down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3472468]It doesn't matter what Manning does, he can throw 6 picks, and they will be called back by the refs. He can fumble 3 times, and at least two of them will be ruled dead ball. He can be sacked 4 times, and at least two of them will be a roughing the passer call.

This Sunday will be a prime of example of favortism. Watch.[/QUOTE]

LOL this is what Jets fans will be complaining about Monday.

Win or lose.