Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Amazed That I Never Knew This

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Amazed That I Never Knew This

ESPN reminded me that Sanchez has already tied the franchise record for postseason wins by a Jets QB -- TWO.

I was stunned to see that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup, so has Rex

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He also has more Pro starts than college starts :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3472577]He also has more Pro starts than college starts :eek:[/QUOTE]

well that's not all that unusual a stat...but take your point

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i feel like ive seen this thread before...and before that.....and before that

lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, Namath won the AFL championship, Super Bowl III and then that was it for him. Sanchez has a chance to pass Namath, Todd, O'Brien, Vinny, and Chad all in his first year. Pretty amazing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parkwayjet1;3472523]ESPN reminded me that Sanchez has already tied the franchise record for postseason wins by a Jets QB -- TWO.

I was stunned to see that.[/QUOTE]

Yah I just made a thread about that a day or 2 ago.....

One thing you gotta remember is that back when Broadway Joe Namath played there was only 1 playoff game then the Super Bowl so that stat doesn't tell the whole story, but none the less still pretty F*cked that our rookie QB has already tied for most wins in Jets History (ohers with 2 wins - Pennington, Todd, Namath)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3472619]Yah I just made a thread about that a day or 2 ago.....

One thing you gotta remember is that back when Broadway Joe Namath played there was only 1 playoff game then the Super Bowl so that stat doesn't tell the whole story, but none the less still pretty F*cked that our rookie QB has already tied for most wins in Jets History (ohers with 2 wins - Pennington, Todd, Namath)[/QUOTE]

all records are broken... Sunday it will be [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="7"][B]3[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parkwayjet1;3472523]ESPN reminded me that Sanchez has already tied the franchise record for postseason wins by a Jets QB -- TWO.

I was stunned to see that.[/QUOTE]

Shonn Greene has some rookie record as well with 2 100+ games and 2 tds in his first 2 playoffs..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Redlichtie;3472593]well that's not all that unusual a stat...but take your point[/QUOTE]

It is for a rookie.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VivaSanchez;3472613]Yup, Namath won the AFL championship, Super Bowl III and then that was it for him. Sanchez has a chance to pass Namath, Todd, O'Brien, Vinny, and Chad all in his first year. Pretty amazing.[/QUOTE]

IT is rather sad we only have 12 playoff wins in 50 years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gibby;3472654]IT is rather sad we only have 12 playoff wins in 50 years.[/QUOTE]

Just looked quick on google I could not find their overall record. Adding it up in my head. I came up with 11 losses. Think that is right. Although I was not born until 1970. So I only witnessed 10 of those losses;)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3472619][B]Yah I just made a thread about that a day or 2[/B] ago.....

One thing you gotta remember is that back when Broadway Joe Namath played there was only 1 playoff game then the Super Bowl so that stat doesn't tell the whole story, but none the less still pretty F*cked that our rookie QB has already tied for most wins in Jets History (ohers with 2 wins - Pennington, Todd, Namath)[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I didn't see the earlier thread.