Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When is the last time you punched someone?

Last year. Co-worker. I didn't even know his name. Asked me if my fiance's sister did anal.

[QUOTE=John_0515;3480416]Last year. Co-worker. I didn't even know his name. [B]Asked me if my fiance's sister did anal[/B].[/QUOTE]

Well?

Veteran
    about a week ago when i was at work (i bounce at a local bar)

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3474045]

Last year though me and my roommate got in a drunken fight over a starbust, kinda kidding at first but it quickly escalated. He ended up getting put through our crappy dorm wall, and I ended up getting choked. No fists thrown though. Were still best friends.[/QUOTE]

... he got the starburst huh? ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Damn, I had to think about this and was surprised at how long ago it was. I'm pretty sure it was 1985. I was in a bar and shockingly drunk off my ass. Very unlike me, I decided that we should get into a fight. One thing led to another and I got into an argument with a guy and he swung at me and missed.

I still get my balls busted every once in a while for what happened next. Apparently I threw a right roundhouse that, according to my friends, took approximately a minute and a half to throw. The guy easily had time to duck underneath it. After I missed, he threw a shoulder into my gut and drove me back into a wall. As he was came back up, I nailed him with a right uppercut to the jaw that stunned him. I followed it by landing a flurry of punches.

I was feeling pretty good about myself when I looked and saw 3 bouncers running toward me with fists loaded.

I took a pounding before getting thrown out of the bar! :D

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3480445]Well?[/QUOTE]

*[B]PUNCH[/B]

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3482398]*[B]PUNCH[/B][/QUOTE]

HA! You missed!

...And you punch like a girl.....;)

Hmph...a long time ago. Probably about 20 years ago. Some sports fight or other I'm sure. I think it was playing floor hockey and I slugged my roomate at the time.

However I came really, really, really close about a year ago. I'm glad I restrained myself but I haven't been that pissed off at a guy in years and years. Was at the off leash dog park and some skinny, mouth piece was doing nothing as his dog was going after my yellow lab a couple of times. He started getting in my face and I was truly a whisker from decking him. I'm glad in hindsight I didn't as I would have either killed him or gone to jail.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3482453]HA! You missed!

...And you punch like a girl.....;)[/QUOTE]

I would assume that after that punch you jumped up and screamed at the closest ref and pointed at him looking for a roughing penalty?

[QUOTE=Crease29;3473851]Cornell.[/QUOTE]

wow thats impressive. My dad went to school there and we would always go to the Cornell Princeton games. I play club hockey for my school but Cornell is big time hockey.

[QUOTE=nj2socaljetsfan;3482694]wow thats impressive. My dad went to school there and we would always go to the Cornell Princeton games. I play club hockey for my school but Cornell is big time hockey.[/QUOTE]

Who do you play Club for?

Used to fight all the time. Wasn't one to start them (I had some pretty crazy friends back then), but never shied away either.

Last one I can remember was almost 20 years ago: a really bad barroom brawl at a local watering hole. We were out celebrating one of my friend's 1st leave from the Marines. Another buddy of mine (big dude) was sucker punched by someone who had a previous beef with him. Fists and furniture went flying. I broke some guys nose, and was jumped on by a bunch of his friends. I ended up with a broken collarbone, but I'm not sure exactly how it happened. I didn't realize it until much later when we were all at the local diner coming down from the adrenaline rush.

One thing that stands out from that brawl was this one butchy looking girl who had really short hair and was wearing a Mets jacket. During the uncontrollable fracas, some guy, assuming she was a guy, came up behind her, swung her around and laid her out. Knocked her out cold. She also had a nasty cut on her cheek from the punch that must have required several stitches.

That fight was one of those scary moments where you knew someone could get killed and there was no one there to get it under control. Cops eventually arrived and everyone scattered.

[QUOTE=Crease29;3482717]Who do you play Club for?[/QUOTE]

Florida State..Started playing hockey when i was 5 but gave it up when i was 13 and then picked it up my senior year(we didnt have a high school team) Still pissed that I gave it up.

[QUOTE=nj2socaljetsfan;3483102]Florida State..Started playing hockey when i was 5 but gave it up when i was 13 and then picked it up my senior year(we didnt have a high school team) Still pissed that I gave it up.[/QUOTE]

Nothing like hitting the beach after a long hard-fought hockey game.

College. 1999. I know I threw a punch. The thing ended with my forearm and elbow holding his head against the pavement. He bit my forearm...still have a scar.

Ps - Drunk

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3474045]Middle school, 7th grade I think.

Last year though me and my roommate got in a drunken fight over a starbust, kinda kidding at first but it quickly escalated. He ended up getting put through our crappy dorm wall, and I ended up getting choked. No fists thrown though. Were still best friends.[/QUOTE]
    thank God you weren't fighting over a York Peppermint Pattie :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Man whenever I see a fight I make it a point to remind myself to NEVER get in a fight. When I think of a fight I think of a couple of guys circling and puching like boxers. That's not real life. Nothing like the sound of a kick to the face or a skull hitting the sidewalk.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3480416]Last year. Co-worker. I didn't even know his name. Asked me if my fiance's sister did anal.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3480445]Well?[/QUOTE]

You had to see this coming, right?

I would say it's been a few years, which is surprising considering where I work (Riker's Island). :rocky:

The only time I've ever gotten into a physical altercation (no punches thrown by me) was senior year of college two years ago. We were inside the bar (but still near the door), and some random dude in a "white tee" was staggering around outside of Huskies (UConn bar). No one seemed to know him, and he was just going around picking on random people looking for a fight. But he was clearly so ****faced he could barely stand, and people just laughed him off and moved on. I'm inside and I see him, but I turn around to talk to some buddies. Next thing we know, there's a loud bang on the glass window behind us.

This dooshbag had just knocked some poor little indian kid (5'7 max, I actually knew him but wasn't too fond of him..he was super awkward and dorky). Now, I'm normally a pacifist, but for some reason I felt bad for that little nerd (the alco probably had something to do with it), so I ran outside and threw the guy to the ground. At that exact moment, 6 or 7 huge guys (bouncers) ran at the doosh and beat him without mercy, and then got him to his feet, and shoved him off the property.

As I was helping the little guy up, I noticed blood across his face. I saw him the next day, and he had a huge gash right above his left brow...poor dude

Late last year, got into bad one. My GF had just won a beauty pageant, I was chilling late night at a bar after the ball. She was back at the hotel with the other contestants. 2 guys started picking me on me, I was just minding my own business.

Asked them to leave me alone and enjoy their drinks in peace. Words were exchanged and things got heated. One of them blindsided me, I stumbled but he didn;t expect meto recover. He had his mouth agape as I hit him with a 1-2 combination. He went reeling clutching his jaw. I went for the second guy but he fled and hid beside some girls. At this point I realised it was dangerous to carry on as someone could get badly hurt. My friends restrained me and the bouncers threw those 2 out.

After a few minutes my anger still hadn't subsided, I must admit I had had a bit too much to drink. I headed for the exit/entrance and asked the bouncer for those guys but they were long gone. If it had carried on outside things could've been really serious ie hospital or jail time. These days its just better to lay low and avoid confrontations. They're all stupid and unnecessary to me.