Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Same. Old. Jets.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3476598]This team over achieved! We have a solid foundation and our Offense should be better next season. Trust that Ryan is going to fix our DB issue this offseason and will also find some help for our front line.[/QUOTE]

Didn't we say that about Mangini's first year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahole. Go root for another team if you don't like it. Jets just got outmanned today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3476611]All this proves is that you're a Same Old Jets fan... way to go. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Right.

I somehow affected the game from my basement in Pennsylvania.

Way to make excuses. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I as negative as any one but this is not the SOG. A lot ofyoung talent what looks like a good coach and a front office that seems to have there S$%t together. the same old jets would have been leading by 3 with 2 minutes left then fumble and loose. These guys can hold there head up[QUOTE=edcopp;3476534]Good season?

Whatever.

Lots of hope for the future with your rookie coach, rookie RB and rookie QB??

Tell it to someone who hasn't been there for 30+ years.

Sick of it.

Sick of getting my hopes up.

Sick of being up at the half in the AFCCG - only to piss it away.

Sick of being told that we can get 'em next year.

Sick of having to feel good about finishing close to where we want to be.

------------------------------------------------

Having said that, I reserve high hopes for our future, I love our coach, and I think we're on the right track.

[B]BUT[/B]

Until we win the Super Bowl once in my lifetime, [B][COLOR="Green"]SAME OLD JETS[/COLOR][/B] is alive and well...

I hope to someday change my signature on this website...[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476605]I'm wondering what in my post to you would regard as "wrong."

I[B] LOVE [/B]this team. I [B]LOVE [/B]this coach.

But until this frustration ends, it'lll be variations on the "SOJ" theme for all of us...[/QUOTE]

The fact that Rex is the coach is a huge reason they are not the SOJ as you put it. They over-achieved this season....did the SOJ's ever over-achieve? No...you are just emotional after this crappy loss, I get it. This flat out is not the same franchise it was just 2 years go....much less 10 or 20.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not even close to being SOJ. Losing to Manning - not too much shame. Seems he had our dee figured out by the end of the 2nd qtr.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476534]Good season?

Whatever.

Lots of hope for the future with your rookie coach, rookie RB and rookie QB??

Tell it to someone who hasn't been there for 30+ years.

Sick of it.

Sick of getting my hopes up.

Sick of being up at the half in the AFCCG - only to piss it away.

Sick of being told that we can get 'em next year.

Sick of having to feel good about finishing close to where we want to be.

------------------------------------------------

Having said that, I reserve high hopes for our future, I love our coach, and I think we're on the right track.

[B]BUT[/B]

Until we win the Super Bowl once in my lifetime, [B][COLOR="Green"]SAME OLD JETS[/COLOR][/B] is alive and well...

I hope to someday change my signature on this website...[/QUOTE]
    Wait for it .....wait.....WAIT ok GFY Bandwagon fan

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TKasper01;3476557]You are very wrong. We ran into the best team in football over the last decade. We played well until we had some injuries. We did not beat ourselves the Colts beat us. Big difference. SOJ would have lost to the Bungals and never even gotten this far. I am a 40 year fan. Man it sucks to be that old:D[/QUOTE]

No, he is very right. Listen, I am proud of this team also. i doubted them all year and they proved me wrong. Props to Rex for getting the most out of what I still believe is mediocre talent on defense (outside of Revis and Harris). But the bottom line - and i've said it a million times - is that the SOJ are not dead until we're in the Super Bowl. Period. Don't give me "SOJ would have lost to the Bungles." Bull****. We went to the title game in '82 and '98 so this was nothing new. Yes, on paper we have a bright future. But that has been the case so many times before it's f'ing sickening. Seriuosly, I'm proud of this team and will not bash them. They ran up against the better team. But so did the '98 and '82 Jets. That is what we do. That is what happens. And until we're playing in the final game, I don't want to hear from these johnny-come-lately fans who think we are suddenly the Steelers or the Cowboys. Enough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=zonajetfan;3476634]The fact that Rex is the coach is a huge reason they are not the SOJ as you put it. They over-achieved this season....did the SOJ's ever over-achieve? No...you are just emotional after this crappy loss, I get it. This flat out is not the same franchise it was just 2 years go....much less 10 or 20.[/QUOTE]

So in '98 we didn't have a 10 point lead at the half in the same game?

We didn't have a HOF coach leading us to a "brighter future????"

I think we're heading in the right direction, but until we can see someone in green and white hoist the Lombardi above his head, it'll always be "SOJ" for me...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

SOJ?

Like many others, I can't agree with you, edcoop. We were at the doorstep when we weren't expected to be, with a rookie coach, quarterback, and star-in-the-making running back. We get Jenkins and Washington back, Ellis and Leonard heal their broken hands, plus 1 or 2 key additions, and we'll have an even better regular season record next year. How much better is the question.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pathetic. So they're the SOJ if they don't win the Superbowl? They're the SOJ if they can't keep the best quarterback of all time from scoring touchdowns?? Go root for another team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3476657]No, he is very right. Listen, I am proud of this team also. i doubted them all year and they proved me wrong. Props to Rex for getting the most out of what I still believe is mediocre talent on defense (outside of Revis and Harris). But the bottom line - and i've said it a million times - is that the SOJ are not dead until we're in the Super Bowl. Period. Don't give me "SOJ would have lost to the Bungles." Bull****. We went to the title game in '82 and '98 so this was nothing new. Yes, on paper we have a bright future. But that has been the case so many times before it's f'ing sickening. Seriuosly, I'm proud of this team and will not bash them. They ran up against the better team. But so did the '98 and '82 Jets. That is what we do. That is what happens. And until we're playing in the final game, I don't want to hear from these johnny-come-lately fans who think we are suddenly the Steelers or the Cowboys. Enough.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh....

Someone with a grown-up's perspective on an irrational obsession....

You get it, Toooon....

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey Guys this hurts but these are not the Jets of years before.

In 30 years of watching them i've rarely seen us put this good of a team on the field.

There's every reason to think the future is bright.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476662]So in '98 we didn't have a 10 point lead at the half in the same game?

We didn't have a HOF coach leading us to a "brighter future????"

I think we're heading in the right direction, but until we can see someone in green and white hoist the Lombardi above his head, it'll always be "SOJ" for me...[/QUOTE]

Parcells was in it to win it in 98 or bust, look at the personnel moves and the cap hell Bradway inherited. So no, it wasn't even in the same zipcode as Rex. I'll take the prospects of the 2010 Jets over the 1999 Jets and the likilyhood of success just gets shaded more and more twards the current Jets than those past teams of the early 2000's.

All that aside, we will just never see eye to eye and thats fine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Goobertron;3476686]Pathetic. So they're the SOJ if they don't win the Superbowl? They're the SOJ if they can't keep the best quarterback of all time from scoring touchdowns?? Go root for another team.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Until they win the SB in my lifetime, they'll be the SOJ to me, and to a lot of us who've seen this team piss away promising seasons in indescribable ways.

And no, I'll go to my grave rooting for this team - I just hope to change my signature before I actually croak.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476625]Right.

I somehow affected the game from my basement in Pennsylvania.

Way to make excuses. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Missed my point. These are not the same old jets at all. But you represent that same old disgruntled, glass half=empty, Jets screwed me, fan that I've come to despise. Been following the Jets for more than 30 years and I've never fallen back on ripping my team for losing to the better team. The Colts were the better team today. Plain and simple. I still love the Jets and what they've done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    this isn't the soj at all unless they lay an egg next year. in 82 and 98 they had over the hill qb's. true todd was only 6 years in the league but they were a hard 6 and todd wasn't as good as sanchez. vinny? was was washed up and he was controlled in that offense. he was one of those guys who would always make a big mistake and needed to be protected.

look at what next season will bring. at a minimum jenkins and leon will be back. edwards should be back. leonhard will have his second hand back as will ellis. bart scott's ankle will be healed and shonn greene's ribs will be fine. they will be able to add another good corner (draft or free agency), oline depth and lb depth. they may even pick yp a vet qb to back up sanchez. if sch#tty isn't launched maybe he'll figure out how to coach and run a screen.

obviously if they tank next season they will deserve the soj label ut there is no reason to think that right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=zonajetfan;3476704]Parcells was in it to win it in 98 or bust, look at the personnel moves and the cap hell Bradway inherited. So no, it wasn't even in the same zipcode as Rex. I'll take the prospects of the 2010 Jets over the 1999 Jets and the likilyhood of success just gets shaded more and more twards the current Jets than those past teams of the early 2000's.

All that aside, we will just never see eye to eye and thats fine.[/QUOTE]

I hope and pray to God that you're right, brother....

Like I said, I think we're on the right track here - but until we get to where we want to be, mission is [B]NOT[/B] accomplished...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3476657]No, he is very right. Listen, I am proud of this team also. i doubted them all year and they proved me wrong. Props to Rex for getting the most out of what I still believe is mediocre talent on defense (outside of Revis and Harris). But the bottom line - and i've said it a million times - is that the SOJ are not dead until we're in the Super Bowl. Period. Don't give me "SOJ would have lost to the Bungles." Bull****. We went to the title game in '82 and '98 so this was nothing new. Yes, on paper we have a bright future. But that has been the case so many times before it's f'ing sickening. Seriuosly, I'm proud of this team and will not bash them. They ran up against the better team. But so did the '98 and '82 Jets. That is what we do. That is what happens. And until we're playing in the final game, [B]I don't want to hear from these johnny-come-lately fans who think we are suddenly the Steelers or the Cowboys. Enough[/B].[/QUOTE]

lol....I've been here and proven to be right time and time again about all kinds of football topics...so take your anger and hate elsewhere about come lately guys. Keep your opinion....you can have it. All things considered tho, you have nothing to stand on but a silly superstition. Enough.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476730]I hope and pray to God that you're right, brother....

Like I said, I think we're on the right track here - but until we get to where we want to be, [B]mission is [B]NOT[/B] accomplished[/B]...[/QUOTE]

We can agree on this for sure :)