Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Same. Old. Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476662]I think we're heading in the right direction, but until we can see someone in green and white hoist the Lombardi above his head, it'll always be "SOJ" for me...[/QUOTE]

And that right there my friend is why you are part of the problem. Rex Ryan has been all about trying to change that culture surrounding this team yet people like you insist on clinging to it because you need something to be miserable about. I'm guessing you're a Met fan too?

Look I lived through the Denver game and I remember thinking after that game that they'd be back the next year. We all know what happened after that. This is no less disappointing or heartbreaking, and the one lesson I learned from that is you may never make it back. You never know what can happen. But to say this is the same as '98 is just short-sighted andbitter. For one thing this team is much younger across the board than the '98 team was, and we don't have a mercenary coach who is coaching on a essentially a three year contract like Parcells was.

If you truly feel this team is headed in the right direction then just shut up and enjoy the ride. Otherwise if you're that sick of it, go find a new team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=zonajetfan;3476733]I've been here and proven to be right time and time again about all kinds of football topics.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well why didn't you say that from the beginning? I bow to your infinite wisdom...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3476713]Missed my point. These are not the same old jets at all. But you represent that same old disgruntled, glass half=empty, Jets screwed me, fan that I've come to despise. Been following the Jets for more than 30 years and I've never fallen back on ripping my team for losing to the better team. The Colts were the better team today. Plain and simple. I still love the Jets and what they've done.[/QUOTE]

Disgruntled??

You betcha'

Glass half empty???

Not hardly - I guess you missed the whoel "I LOVE the path our team is on" part of my post.

Ripping my team?

Not sure where I did that, either.

But until we are actually happy in February, I will assert that the SOJ are alive and well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3476750]Oh, well why didn't you say that from the beginning? I bow to your infinite wisdom...[/QUOTE]

lol...what are you like 12? Come on man, bring somehting to the table here if you are going to post...seriously. :zzz:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476712]Yes.

Until they win the SB in my lifetime, they'll be the SOJ to me, and to a lot of us who've seen this team piss away promising seasons in indescribable ways.

And no, I'll go to my grave rooting for this team - I just hope to change my signature before I actually croak.[/QUOTE]

Indescribable????? We lost this game for a very describable reason, namely Peyton Manning. SOJ is a loser's mentality that is propagated by people who look at the score and not the plays on the field. This is not the SOJ.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Colemonster;3476749]And that right there my friend is why you are part of the problem.
    If you truly feel this team is headed in the right direction then just shut up and enjoy the ride. Otherwise if you're that sick of it, go find a new team.[/QUOTE]

I see.

My 40 years of fan-dom is what kept Rex from achieving his goals this year. And unless I feel happy about failing yet agian, I should jump onto a new team.

I guess I need to re-examine what it means to be a die-hard fan, huh?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476534]Good season?

Whatever.

Lots of hope for the future with your rookie coach, rookie RB and rookie QB??

Tell it to someone who hasn't been there for 30+ years.

Sick of it.

Sick of getting my hopes up.

Sick of being up at the half in the AFCCG - only to piss it away.

Sick of being told that we can get 'em next year.

Sick of having to feel good about finishing close to where we want to be.

------------------------------------------------

Having said that, I reserve high hopes for our future, I love our coach, and I think we're on the right track.

[B]BUT[/B]

Until we win the Super Bowl once in my lifetime, [B][COLOR="Green"]SAME OLD JETS[/COLOR][/B] is alive and well...

I hope to someday change my signature on this website...[/QUOTE]

mr coppinger, you're a cool dude but really, youre being a douche

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476785]I see.

My 40 years of fan-dom is what kept Rex from achieving his goals this year. And unless I feel happy about failing yet agian, I should jump onto a new team.

I guess I need to re-examine what it means to be a die-hard fan, huh?[/QUOTE]

What's your problem, anyway? You keep referencing yourself as if someone is suggesting that how you fail to support your own team has anything to do with their fortunes. Nobody is saying that. We're just responding to your heartless, empty, bitter lashing out at the Jets for losing to a great team in the AFC Championship. Man, would you be happier if we were the Kansas City Chiefs so you wouldn't have to vomit your pessimism and disloyalty on us now? It's truly ironic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476785]I see.

I guess I need to re-examine what it means to be a die-hard fan, huh?[/QUOTE]

My dad has been a fan for even longer than you have. I'm 32 and we have been going to games since I was 8. You don't need to tell me about die-hard. Hard as it was to take, neither of us felt this was SOJ after the game. The SOJ mentality is old and tired. I do agree with you on one thing though... That the negativity of SOJ will cling to this franchise like static until the day they do finally win one, whether it' true or not. But the question is - is it because of the team's actions on the field, or because of the negative fans and media who insist on perpetuating it? I believe the latter, you obviously believe the former.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476712]Yes.

Until they win the SB in my lifetime, they'll be the SOJ to me, and to a lot of us who've seen this team piss away promising seasons in indescribable ways.

And no, I'll go to my grave rooting for this team - I just hope to change my signature before I actually croak.[/QUOTE]

But they didn't piss away a promising season, they made the most of a rare opportunity and won two playoff games that nobody except the players and fans thought they would win.

Most fan's definition of SOJ does not apply to today...

SOJ is losing to Atlanta and Buffalo after dominating them all day.
    SOJ is falling for the "clock" play.
    SOJ is settling for long FG attempts in playoff games instead of trying to get closer.

If the Jets were to waste the chance to build on this season then THAT would be SOJ.

But not today, my friend.
    Not today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Every loss is SOF.

So edcopp, does than mean the team has to go 19-0 to end SOJ?

Yeah, lose a ROAD GAME against Peyton Manning is SOJ.

LOL. Some Jet fans are pathetic POS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476605]

[B]But until this frustration ends, it'lll be variations on the "SOJ" theme for all of us...[/[/B]QUOTE]

Only if your a loser.. I'm proud of the Team this year I'm embarrassed for some of the fans this team has..Don't include the rest of us with your SOJ attitude..:rolleyes:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    'SOJ' is dead.....mark my words...its dead!!!

Its only the narcissistic fans who will still hold on it. We had a great run...winning not one but two playoff games with a rookie questerback and a rookie coach and a rookie running back all the way to the AFC championship game.....on the road......winning when we when no body in the whole wide football world with a pulse that gave us a heartbeat of a chance.

There are a whole bunch of teams in the NFL that can never say they have had our kind of run. Ever! In their entire team history.

What we did this year was special. And this kind of success is not accomplished by a meek hearted, lets give up, undisciplined teams. The 2009 Jets are special. And they are going to be good for sometime.

The 'SOJ' is dead!!!!

And if you do not believe it the problem is YOU!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3476810]What's your problem, anyway? You keep referencing yourself as if someone is suggesting that how you fail to support your own team has anything to do with their fortunes. Nobody is saying that. We're just responding to your heartless, empty, bitter lashing out at the Jets for losing to a great team in the AFC Championship. Man, would you be happier if we were the Kansas City Chiefs so you wouldn't have to vomit your pessimism and disloyalty on us now? It's truly ironic.[/QUOTE]

Hate to repeat myself, but here goes...

I LOVE our coach.

I LOVE the direction our team is going.

But until they win a championship, isn't it SOJ????

If loving the future is pessimistic, I guess I am.

Heartless???

If you were watching the game with me and my family, you wouldn't have the nerve to say that to my face, particularly after a dozen or so beers passed my lips...

Disloyalty???

Not in this lifetime.

AllI'm saying is that pretending that today is nothing but a part of the continuum that is and has been SOJ for as long as a lot of us have cared is unrealistic.

I can't wait until actual events transpire that let me believe that SOJ is dead and buried...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476891]Hate to repeat myself, but here goes...

I LOVE our coach.

Heartless???

If you were watching the game with me and my family, you wouldn't have the nerve to say that to my face, particularly after a dozen or so beers passed my lips...

Disloyalty???

Not in this lifetime.

AllI'm saying is that pretending that today is nothing but a part of the continuum that is and has been SOJ for as long as a lot of us have cared is unrealistic.

I can't wait until actual events transpire that let me believe that SOJ is dead and buried...[/QUOTE]

Your problem is you..Just don't include the rest of us in your loser attitude is all..:rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone calling this team the SOJ can EAD. We've turned a corner.
    Win the big one now dammit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476605]I'm wondering what in my post to you would regard as "wrong."

I[B] LOVE [/B]this team. I [B]LOVE [/B]this coach.

But until this frustration ends, it'lll be variations on the "SOJ" theme for all of us...[/QUOTE]

So any year that isn't a Super Bowl win is SOJ? When you consider that 31 teams have a SOJ season every year, there isn't much to complain about this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476534]Sick of it.

Sick ...

Sick ...

Sick ...

Sick ...[/QUOTE]

anybody who keeps doing something that makes him sick for 30+ years is a dumb dumb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3476903]Your problem is you..Just don't include the rest of us in your loser attitude is all..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

+1

edcopp, I hope this is disappointment talking and you'll clear your mind later.

But, right now, you're embarrassing yourself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3476891]Hate to repeat myself, but here goes...

I LOVE our coach.

Heartless???

If you were watching the game with me and my family, [B]you wouldn't have the nerve to say that to my face, particularly after a dozen or so beers passed my lips...[/B]

Disloyalty???

Not in this lifetime.

I can't wait until actual events transpire that let me believe that SOJ is dead and buried...[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yeah, you're heartless and disloyal if you not only bail on your team after a tough loss, but you flame 'em with the SOJ BS, which is frankly an insult that is completely undeserved. I'm sure you had heart while they were still playing... everybody has heart then. But if you ain't with 'em in defeat, you ain't with 'em. Yeah, you're disloyal.