Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **Official Offseason Moves Thread**

Rookie

**Official Offseason Moves Thread**

What do you think we do in the offseason like cuts and trades and what we actually do.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=NYJ89;3476644]What do you think we do in the offseason like cuts and trades and what we actually do.[/QUOTE]

Draft a good slot receiver. With Kellen, Edwards, Cotchery and perhaps Golden Tate in the draft, with a full off season program participation of Mark Sanchez, our passing offense should be much improved.

we need Leon back healthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Draft corner, wr and pass rusher in the draft. Get pennington in here to back up sanchez. Then, we are set.

Veteran
    I like Tate but I think I'd go defense. We NEED some D-linemen and we obviously need D-back depth.

A slot receiver would be great but I don't think Douglas, Pouha, Ellis is going to cut it going forward.

Rhodes + A draft pic for Nnamdi. Make it happen Tanny!

Can we sign any FA? Richard Marshall would be a good #2 CB.

In terms of the draft, I think we need to go OLB and OL/DL. A slot receiver would be nice, Gilyard would fit in well.

In terms of corners, Amari Spievy (sp?) would be a nice pick in the 2nd for us.

Definitely need to make sure we go in to the season with adequate OL depth. It's unlikely that we'll go another season without any starter missing time.

[QUOTE=New Jerzey Jet;3476741]Nnamdi Asomugha.[/QUOTE]

also...

-get a pass-rusher
    -cut TJ
    -re-sign Leon
    -re-sign Braylon
    -draft or sign another WR (cheap) for the slot

All League
    Cut our cb's except for revis, trade/draft a DE and CB. Sign penny to back up. Bout it
    Last edited by JerseyJet80; 01-24-2010 at 07:02 PM.

i like to see us draft a CB or DL in the first round and second round ... then we need a slot receiver with speed, another CB and depth every where else.

We will need a back up vetrean QB that can play and help sanchez.

1. Thomas Jones should be gone
    2. Draft another bruising RB to support our ground and pound style
    3. Draft the best available pass rusher in the first round
    4. Julius Peppers FA pickup

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bigalbarracuda;3476758]I like Tate but I think I'd go defense. We NEED some D-linemen and we obviously need D-back depth.

A slot receiver would be great but I don't think Douglas, Pouha, Ellis is going to cut it going forward.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your thoughts the D-line, but Devito came on this year and I have confidence that Rex will be able to pluck a couple of free agents in the Douglas class, plus Jenkins will be back. The offense needs a playmaker.

tell sch#tty to put in some screen passes.

as for players they need oline depth (faneca's replacement)
    lb depth
    edge rusher
    corner back/safety
    running back (replace jones)
    wide receiver (especially if edwards isn't re-signed)
    back-up qb (get a vet, launch clemens)
    punter

Rookie
    How does it work with free agents since we were a top 8 team and with the uncapped year?

Veteran
    A decent man-to-man corner opposite Revis....hard to come by...Namndi (sp?) is a pipe dream.

OL and DL depth is a must. Jenks will be back and that helps alot, but they need more bulk up front to get more pressure when they don't blitz.

A slot reciever who can make plays.This they can find in the draft somewhere and I trust Tanny will come through yet again.

Back up Vet at QB...Penny is so perfect for this it is stupid....

pretty much what others are saying....

Practice Squad
    Pass rusher is #1. Rex is awesome at getting pressure through blitzing, but if we ever had a DE or a LB who could beat any OL in a 1-1 situation we would wreck people.

I think we also need an upgrade at #2 CB, a slot WR, and depending what happens at RB with TJ/Leon, we may need to get some depth there.

[QUOTE=NYJ89;3476842]How does it work with free agents since we were a top 8 team and with the uncapped year?[/QUOTE]

since the jets finished top 4, i think they can only resign their own guys.

Pass rusher.

Slot WR

DL and ILB depth.

Corner position will look much better when we have a better pass rush.

is Nnamdi Asomugha a RFA or a FA or are we just talking about maybe trading for him, because revis and Asomugha would be AMAZING