Thread: I'm proud of this team

I'm proud of this team

I'm proud of this team.

Rookie QB - who played like a veteran in the playoffs. Three of his best games of the season were the last 3.

Rookie HC - who played to win, regardless of his decisions. He is here to win, and the Jets will be playoff contenders EVERY YEAR as long as he's here.

Rookie RB - who filled in nicely for Leon. Who is a monster. Who will be a 1200+ yard RB next year, 100%.

#1 Defense - that will only get better, played without it's All-Pro NT this year.

#1 Running game - that will be bolstered by the return of Leon next year.

Anyone who thinks that the SOJ rule applies need not respond. This team far exceeded the expectations, gained VALUABLE experience, and will be back. Rex and company are here to WIN.

For the first time in years, I believe that's exactly what we're going to do.

Hats off to Peyton. Hats off to the Colts.

Look out NFL, we'll be back.

This is only the beginning.

Jets Jets Jets

Veteran
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3477141][B][SIZE="6"]I'm proud of this team. [/SIZE][/B]

Rookie QB - who played like a veteran in the playoffs. Three of his best games of the season were the last 3.

Rookie HC - who played to win, regardless of his decisions. He is here to win, and the Jets will be playoff contenders EVERY YEAR as long as he's here.

Rookie RB - who filled in nicely for Leon. Who is a monster. Who will be a 1200+ yard RB next year, 100%.

#1 Defense - that will only get better, played without it's All-Pro NT this year.

Anyone who thinks that the SOJ rule applies need not respond. This team far exceeded the expectations, gained VALUABLE experience, and will be back. Rex and company are here to WIN.

Jets Jets Jets[/QUOTE]

Me too! They gave everything they had today.

All League
    can we please merge all the moral victory threads?

that loss hurt but looking back at it,Sanchez took a big step forward and I'm looking forward to next year.

All League
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3477653]can we please merge all the moral victory threads?[/QUOTE]

this is not a moral victory thread, or a silver lining thread.

it's all about being proud of the team's accomplishment even if it did not go all the way. they game me quite a ride this year.

people nodding with acknowledgement as i walked by wearing my jets jersey.

proud indeed.

[QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3477653]can we please merge all the moral victory threads?[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with moral victories. Of course it hurts. Badly. Anybody who tells you they weren't seeing glimpses of Miami at 17-6 is lying to you.

But think out of the moment for a second and tell me, back before the season started, you wouldn't have signed up for the #1 defense, #1 rushing attack, and a trip to the AFC title game all with a rookie HC and rookie QB at the helm. That's what really matters. There's absolutely no replacing the playoff experience Sanchez gained, and the fact that he actually made numerous big time plays is even better.

Coming into this year, this season was ALL about changing the culture, building the foundation for a dominant defense, running the rock, and developing our franchise QB. We achieved all of those goals, and fell short of the ultimate one. Once again. But this team has heart, this team is gritty, and for ONCE I feel like this team is going to come back next year and build off this.

I didn't buy the whole "house money" theory and I still don't. But if I know one thing, it's that a dominant defense will keep you in the playoff hunt each year and that you get over the hump with a bonafide franchise QB. I've seen more then enough this year to make me believe that is exactly what we're on the precipice of putting together. GO JETS!

Of course. The Colts beat us today, fair and square. No gripes about it. I have only one message for them though, I let the Colts fans sitting around me at the game know...We'll be back...

Can't reiterate how proud of Sanchez I am. He played his heart out in the playoffs. This team is going to be the sexy pick for the Super Bowl next year when they get healthy and add some pieces.

Jets Insider VIP

It's not a moral victory.

Who the hell would've thought 4-5 weeks ago that we would've ended up being 30 minutes away from a trip to the Super Bowl? Hell, how many honestly thought we would accomplish that feat just 9 days ago?

This season was a major success. We were on the cusp with a rookie HC and a rookie QB. A rookie QB who just solidified himself as the franchise QB of the future. A rookie coach who has his players willing to run through walls for him and has smashed the SOJ mentality.

Sanchez is only going to get better and so will the offense and team as a whole.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3477702]this is not a moral victory thread, or a silver lining thread.

it's all about being proud of the team's accomplishment even if it did not go all the way. they game me quite a ride this year.

people nodding with acknowledgement as i walked by wearing my jets jersey.

proud indeed.[/QUOTE]

I concur 1000%.

This team is going to contend for the next decade, and to think the loss today is an SOJ moment is wrong.

We WILL win a SB in the very near future. We had the best team in the sport on the ropes and very soon we'll figure out how to get over the hump.

And Mark Sanchez will lead the way. :yes:

Banned
    how could you not be proud of this team? Rookie HC, rookie qb, lose your most valuable player on defense and still come within a half of making the Super Bowl. We will win it all next year with an added year of experience for Sanchez plus Tanny will fill the holes on our defense (more d-line depth, #2 CB, maybe even a pass rusher if we hit a home run in the draft).

All League
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3477141]I'm proud of this team.

[B]Anyone who thinks that the SOJ rule applies need not respond[/B]. This team far exceeded the expectations, gained VALUABLE experience, and will be back. Rex and company are here to WIN.

Jets Jets Jets[/QUOTE]
    i'm proud of this team too..

Just hit me that we're not going to be able to see Jet football till August. :(

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3477942]Just hit me that we're not going to be able to see Jet football till August. :([/QUOTE]

Looking like it's going to be well worth the wait. :yes:

Aren't you embarrassed?

Practice Squad

The play with <3

Just think, we're a young team, that overcame the loss of key players on D and O.
    Rex the Rookie has created a culture of cohesiveness and fun.
    Players stepped up to fill the huge gaps left by Leon and Jenks.
    Cotchery returned punts and didn't turn the ball over.
    He was also very sure handed on 3rd down conversions (reminded me of Chrebet) and kept the chains moving.
    Pouha and Devito played with lots of heart too.

IMHO, We just need some more depth:
    a manic route runner at slot reciever (maybe we can find the next Wes Welker)
    a bone crushing sure tackling ball hawk safety
    An old school TE who can block, catch and run to compliment Keller
    some more depth at DB
    a pass rusher who can seek and destroy the QB with his speed. Oh yeah and a backup QB (Chad P) I'd cut Clemens. Keep Ainge

[QUOTE=NYJETS;3478000]Just think, we're a young team, that overcame the loss of key players on D and O.
    Rex the Rookie has created a culture of cohesiveness and fun.
    Players stepped up to fill the huge gaps left by Leon and Jenks.
    Cotchery returned punts and didn't turn the ball over.
    He was also very sure handed on 3rd down conversions (reminded me of Chrebet) and kept the chains moving.
    Pouha and Devito played with lots of heart too.

IMHO, We just need some more depth:
    a manic route runner at slot reciever (maybe we can find the next Wes Welker)
    a bone crushing sure tackling ball hawk safety
    An old school TE who can block, catch and run to compliment Keller
    some more depth at DB
    a pass rusher who can seek and destroy the QB with his speed. Oh yeah and a backup QB (Chad P) I'd cut Clemens. Keep Ainge[/QUOTE]

That's asking for a lot. If we can get a couple of components I'd be happy. First thing we need to do is cut Gholston. That guy just pisses me off.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3477141]I'm proud of this team.

Jets Jets Jets[/QUOTE]

:clapper: :yes: