Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So f-ing close.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

So f-ing close.

I was in the stands at 17-6 in the 2nd quarter and it was so Déjà vu to Denver in '99.

So disappointing yet so much to look forward to. Don't fret, Jets fans, the future is bright.

Despite the disappointment and heartache, today was a high point in Jets history. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Banned
    Great game even tho Jets had to play against 11 players and Poulian's officials. Sanchez looks like a keeper. Plenty of good core players to build a solid team with.

The Jets should be one of the top AFC teams for the near future.

Looking forward to the AFC East battles next season

people forget that this is the first year of the Rex Ryan defense...once he is able to draft a few more of his type of players and maybe bring in another FA or two...we should be much better on defense (and hopefully in the secondary).

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3477200]Great game even tho Jets had to play against 11 players and Poulian's officials. Sanchez looks like a keeper. Plenty of good core players to build a solid team with.

The Jets should be one of the top AFC teams for the near future.

Looking forward to the AFC East battles next season[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I've ever given props to a Pats fan but props to you sir.

All League
    Sean, despite my insistence on the "SOJ" mantra, I hope that I get to jump around and hug you (no homo...) when our boys finally raise that trophy above their heads...

[B]I BELIEVE....[/B]

The 2009 Jets future is much brighter than the 1998 Jets future looked at the time. Lots of great core players to build around with this team.

All League
    [QUOTE=RSJ;3477435]The 2009 Jets future is much brighter than the 1998 Jets future looked at the time. Lots of great core players to build around with this team.[/QUOTE]

I think that you're kidding yourself.

That '98 team was picked by many to be the favorite to win the Super Bowl in '99.

This team will not be favored to win the AFC, no less the Super Bowl next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3477173]I was in the stands at 17-6 in the 2nd quarter and it was so Déjà vu to Denver in '99.

So disappointing yet so much to look forward to. Don't fret, Jets fans, the future is bright.

Despite the disappointment and heartache, today was a high point in Jets history. Don't let anyone tell you different.[/QUOTE]
    DUde, at 17-6 you could hear Jets fans going uts.....Not a peep from those Colts fans

THis sucks

Good to run into you Sean

[QUOTE=edcopp;3477441]I think that you're kidding yourself.

That '98 team was picked by many to be the favorite to win the Super Bowl in '99.

This team will not be favored to win the AFC, no less the Super Bowl next year.[/QUOTE]

uhhhh no it wont

All League
    I just feel sick.

All League

This team will not be favored to win the AFC, no less the Super Bowl next year.[/QUOTE]

We had a much older group of players though. Our qb then was turning 38, ours will be turning 23.

And our head coach will be here for a long time.

The 1998 team had an aging QB, and an aging defense. Which was proven in 1999. I don't care if we are favored or not - we will be a very good and young team not just next year - but even 3 or 4 years from now.

Hall Of Fame
    The team got no respect all playoffs.
    Was a 7.5 point dog.
    We won't be favored for anything.

Nor should we be. We lack in key areas. We have some nice players - but no stars. (Brick, Faneca, Smith, Jones, Shepard, Lowery) these guys are one notch over JAGs.

We need a pass rushing threat.
    We need better play from safety (yes, Rhodes was too inconsistent, and gave it up today, HUGE).
    We need Jenkins back and healthy.

Still - today they got beat by heart and will - never thought it was possible.
    They were drinking the cool aid.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RSJ;3477468]The 1998 team had an aging QB, and an aging defense. Which was proven in 1999. I don't care if we are favored or not - we will be a very good and young team not just next year - but even 3 or 4 years from now.[/QUOTE]

your over stating Vinny's age and the defense.
    both units stayed together for years (vinny, cumart, key., linebackers, d backs - they were far from done.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm proud of our guys, and yes the dissapointment is big, but this team will only get better and 1999 was 1999 and has nothing to do with 2010.

Will someone ban edcopp before I say something that will get me banned. He's a douche ...

All League
    [QUOTE=FloridaJetsFan;3477516]Will someone ban edcopp before I say something that will get me banned. He's a douche ...[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Your ability to debate others who might disagree with you is admirable.

And I'm guessing that your personal attacks will get you banned far before I'm ever gone - mostly because I've never called out someone who is a JETS fan like you just did.

Happy with another year of falling short of our ultimate goal, are you?

[QUOTE=Jetsound;3477488]your over stating Vinny's age and the defense.
    both units stayed together for years (vinny, cumart, key., linebackers, d backs - they were far from done.[/QUOTE]

Vinny was protected well in 1998 and not allowed to think too much out there. That is fine for a rookie QB - but not a 36 year old QB. Truth is Vinny was never even that great of a QB. The 1998 team had no safeties outside of Green who was pimarily a run stuffer. Outside of Cox our LB's were terrible. Great smoke and mirrors job by BB there which would explain why they were not anything to brag about pre or post BB. The DL on the 1998 team had no one nearly as good as Pouha or Ellis let alone Jenkins. Cumar, Key (who was overrated) Byars and Chrebet vs Cotch, Edwards Greene and Washington are a wash.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RSJ;3477543]Vinny was protected well in 1998 and not allowed to think too much out there. That is fine for a rookie QB - but not a 36 year old QB. Truth is Vinny was never even that great of a QB. The 1998 team had no safeties outside of Green who was pimarily a run stuffer. Outside of Cox our LB's were terrible. Great smoke and mirrors job by BB there which would explain why they were not anything to brag about pre or post BB. The DL on the 1998 team had no one nearly as good as Pouha or Ellis let alone Jenkins. Cumar, Key (who was overrated) Byars and Chrebet vs Cotch, Edwards Greene and Washington are a wash.[/QUOTE]

Vinny was in an offense that made sence to his 10 cent Elmont-education head.
    We had a good o=line and receivers that got open or used their bodies to create windows.

Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones were on that D too. Also Mickens (undersized and underrated, and Glenn too.

My memory - they were looking good and favorites in 99.

[QUOTE=FloridaJetsFan;3477516]Will someone ban edcopp before I say something that will get me banned. He's a douche ...[/QUOTE]

I have no clue who either of you are but there are better odds of me getting banned than Ed.