Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The real "SOJ" game...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The real "SOJ" game...

How about the 13-3 Chargers (a franchise who has NEVER won a Super Bowl) having won 11 in a row, losing at home in their first game to a 9-7 team while missing three field goals?

The 11-5 Cowboys, firing on all cylinders, dominating offensively and defensively, getting blown off the field in a humiliating beatdown?

Some people on this board need perspective. There were "SOJ" games that occurred this postseason, but we weren't the victims of them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3477179]How about the 13-3 Chargers (a franchise who has NEVER won a Super Bowl) having won 11 in a row, losing at home in their first game to a 9-7 team while missing three field goals?

The 11-5 Cowboys, firing on all cylinders, dominating offensively and defensively, getting blown off the field in a humiliating beatdown?

Some people on this board need perspective. There were "SOJ" games that occurred this postseason, but we weren't the victims of them.[/QUOTE]

That is why fans are fans. Some of them should root for another team if they cannot appreciate what they saw this season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bumped to point out how the Vikings loss was 10,000x more SOJ than ours.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, you're satisfied with saying that the Jets are better off than the Lions???

No thanks.

I'll be satisfied when we win a Super Bowl...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3477672]So, you're satisfied with saying that the Jets are better off than the Lions???

No thanks.

I'll be satisfied when we win a Super Bowl...[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing I mentioned the Lions, in my post, so that what you said makes sense.

Oh, I didn't? I mentioned other VERY good teams, like the Chargers, Cowboys, and Vikings? So what you said makes zero sense?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp;3477672]So, you're satisfied with saying that the Jets are better off than the Lions???

No thanks.

I'll be satisfied when we win a Super Bowl...[/QUOTE]

That's fine but to keep this negative stigma for a team that just played out of their collective minds is being irrational. Perspective can be used here.

No one is happy that they lost today. It sucks...a lot. That said, there's a lot of good to come out of this post-season and hopefully more for the future.

To think that you're going to take nothing away from a season where a rookie head coach/QB tandem had the best QB in NFL history come back on them in the AFC championship game is crazy.

Hey, we may not see the AFC championship for another 11 years and if so there will be plenty of debates on why but don't let that take away from the present and how far such an inexperienced team just pushed. The great thing about this team is that they're built for a long run of playoffs not just a one and done a.k.a. the Vikings.

It's all good, sometimes today's pain is necessary for tomorrow's pleasure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3477683]It's a good thing I mentioned the Lions, in my post, so that what you said makes sense.

Oh, I didn't? I mentioned other VERY good teams, like the Chargers, Cowboys, and Vikings? So what you said makes zero sense?[/QUOTE]

Sorry.

So, you're saying that you're satisfied with the Jets being better off than the Cowboys??

Maybe if I could remember the Jets winning a championship, like Iremember the Cowboys doing, I'd feel differently about things...

Make sense?!?