we were just starting the usual 2nd half ground and pound
    would have kept Manning off the field

No player or coach will admit it
    because it sounds like an excuse and/or throwing Jones under the bus

But we would have
    darn shame

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing we got this far without Jenkins or Leon though, if you asked most fans who the most important players were for us at the start of the season those were the two big ones. And we came 30:00 from making it to the big game without them, it sucks but Rex and Tannenbaum have built the foundation for a contending team. "Maybe next year" actually means something for once. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    bart scott
    donald strickland
    healthy shaun ellis

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;3477328]Amazing we got this far without Jenkins or Leon though, if you asked most fans who the most important players were for us at the start of the season those were the two big ones. And we came 30:00 from making it to the big game without them, it sucks but Rex and Tannenbaum have built the foundation for a contending team. "Maybe next year" actually means something for once. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Good post...I agree 100%

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. We r in the super bowl if greene plays the whole game. Oh well, it looks like he may have broken a rib.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no question that losing greene put a damper on things but sch#tty should have been able to find plays that work. he didn't. i hate to sound like a broken record but do the jets have a screen pass in their playbook? can they throw slants? can sanchez run a bootleg? i mean all those plays slow down the pass rush and it's not like sanchez was getting knocked around either.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definatley loosing Greene hurt us big time. The second half is where the ground and pound takes over and where Greene has made the big play. He was averging4 yrc and no doubt in my mind would have improved on that in the last half of the game, damn shame!!!!
    It sucks, but atleast we have 2 emerging play makers at the QB and RB positions that are coming off impresive rookie seasons especially in the playoffs.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was a great season and im proud to say im a fan...next uear we will be more dangerous.....great year all around

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3477335]bart scott
    donald strickland
    healthy shaun ellis[/QUOTE]

I remember one play when we had Addai behind the line of scrimmage, he slipped two tackles and went for about 10 yards. I think Ellis couldn't grab with his club hand. Them are the breaks! :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I second the motion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't realize our D was that banged up. Not that it's an excuse for anything. Ellis (broken hand) Leonhard (broken hand *still played this entire season like a warrior) Bart Scott (ankle) Harris (ankle) Strickland (100 injuries) Kerry Rhodes (knee). These guys played their hearts out and were so incredibly injured. This is a team I love to root for.