Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotty - Does he keep his job?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Shotty - Does he keep his job?

I'll admit, I have flip-flopped on this one for about two years now.

At the end of last year, I was happy to here the rumors here on JI that Shotty got fired, but that of course was just a rumor.

When the offense stunk it up during mid season and the JETS record was crappy, I wanted him out mid season.

Then the last two regular season and two playoffs games happened.

Then today happened. S. Greene going down shouldn't have ended the Jets offense for the day but it did.

I fear what is going to happen is that we are going to keep Shotty but the Jets will again be completely one dimensional again next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no doubt he's keeping his job. They're not even going to debate it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How stupid would you have to be to actually ask this question with a straight face? Obviously he's keeping his job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how you can fire him this year. He did a great job with Sanchez this year. I look forward to seeing how this offense grows with a more experienced quarterback.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll admit to not being a Schotty fan for the past few years, but starting in week 17 he had as much to do with this teams chances to win the super bowl as anyone on the staff/team.

Questioning the job he has done is an absolute joke.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The offense will open up considerably with Sanchez having a year under his belt. Schotty will be missed if and when he leaves to be a head coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3477685]There's no doubt he's keeping his job. They're not even going to debate it.[/QUOTE]

+1

Our offense more than held it's own.

If anything, I think Rex needs to loosen up that "run it down their throats" thing. Sanchez definitely plays up in big games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3477685]There's no doubt he's keeping his job. They're not even going to debate it.[/QUOTE]

Fine, then the questions should read - Should he keep his job? I agree and understand that they really can't fire him based on the results of the season.

There were games this year that the offense could do absolutely nothing.

Does no one else think the Shotty is grooming Sanchez to be a game manager, not a game winner?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    although i thought Rex was begging him to take the buffalo interview, i think he is staying......and i think its a good thing. Sanchez needs him. We do not need to be flipping OC's.....we need stability.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could not stand Schotty last year and most of this year. I found all the 3rd and short yardage out of the shotgun absolutely ridiculous and it drove me crazy. For most of this year he was passing when he should have been running. He was overusing misdirection and end-around/reverses.

He single handedly sabotaged the Saints game putting Sanchez in ridiculous situations. Same for the first Buffalo game (worse loss than the Falcons game if you remember).

However, in the last game of the season followed by the playoffs, he really grew as a coach. He even called a fantastic first half of this game, and if the O-line did not commit 3 penalties that ended drives, we would have continued to move the ball.

Due to his growth as a coach, I actually would not mind bringing Schotty back.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cjpeters9;3477727]Fine, then the questions should read - Should he keep his job? I agree and understand that they really can't fire him based on the results of the season.

Does no one else think the Shotty is grooming Sanchez to be a game manager, not a game winner?[/QUOTE]

Can't believe there are some on here this dense.

Young QB's take TIME to develop...do you give your kid the keys to the car and
    tell them to let it fly the first time their behind the wheel?

Sanchez took MAJOR steps this year, and the PO experience was immense. He'll have a much longer leash next year.

Gimme a break.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you put up a thread like this, you simply are out of touch with what is going on with the team.

Rex has already said he wanted him back, Schotty turned down the offer to interview for the Bills job, saying he loves what he is doing, and where he is.

He is our OC next year, and after the run we had going into the playoffs, and while in the playoffs, there should be no question about his return.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry - Dumbest post this year

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dynamic Hip Screw;3477744]I could not stand Schotty last year and most of this year. I found all the 3rd and short yardage out of the shotgun absolutely ridiculous and it drove me crazy. For most of this year he was passing when he should have been running. He was overusing misdirection and end-around/reverses.

He single handedly sabotaged the Saints game putting Sanchez in ridiculous situations. Same for the first Buffalo game (worse loss than the Falcons game if you remember).

However, in the last game of the season followed by the playoffs, he really grew as a coach. He even called a fantastic first half of this game, and if the O-line did not commit 3 penalties that ended drives, we would have continued to move the ball.

Due to his growth as a coach, I actually would not mind bringing Schotty back.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya on this one. In the [I]off-chance[/I] that we don't have the #1 defense next year, we may need an offense that can win a few games for the defense, sort of like today's game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greenwave81;3477750]Can't believe there are some on here this dense.

Young QB's take TIME to develop...do you give your kid the keys to the car and
    tell them to let it fly the first time their behind the wheel?

Sanchez took MAJOR steps this year, and the PO experience was immense. He'll have a much longer leash next year.

Gimme a break.[/QUOTE]

You are so right!!! When will people start acting like we are watching NFL Football and NOT playing Madden Gamesl, Good Grief!!!:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Schottenheimer's a major asset to the team, definitely someone we want back. He's said he really loves it here too which is cool. He'll be able to expand the playbook even more next season with Sanchez going into his 2nd year, Leon hopefully coming back at 100%, and then I'm sure we'll add a slot receiver to the mix too. Bring on training camp :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way Shotty was gonna be gone was if he took that Bills job. No way they want to mess with Sanchez and make him learn from a new OC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cjpeters9;3477727]Fine, then the questions should read - Should he keep his job? I agree and understand that they really can't fire him based on the results of the season.

[B]Does no one else think the Shotty is grooming Sanchez to be a game manager, not a game winner?[/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, but I think the HC is playing a role in that. I think Rex loosens up with that over time. He's a guy who seems to learn, which is probably a good thing.