Thread: I tell ya what killed us....

Veteran

I tell ya what killed us....

I'm sure it was posted plenty of times on different threads, but that TD the Colts scored right before the half, completely threw us of our game. Gave the Colts so much confidence going into the 2nd half. Say what you want about Jay Feely's missed FG's.....but it wouldn't have made much difference IMO.
    That score right b4 the half did us in. Gave Peyton and his offense confidence....which is the last thing we needed in this game.

Very shortsighted... That drive was just a microcosm of the problem. With just a handful of exceptions, Manning threw at whomever was being covered by Coleman or Lowery. He dissected the play at the line of scrimmage and carved up the D. That was the real problem.

The vodka bottle said Archie paid just enough to keep his kids in

Practice Squad
    True but what hurt us even more was not answering on our first possession in the 2nd half. I think it was Trent Dilfer that said the answer score is the most important thing in a playoff game and we never answered today.

My girl asked me why i was so upset after they scored before the half when we have the lead......

and i told her...ive been watching NFL football for a long time.

When a team allows another team to score before the half....it breathes life into the entire team. Its just more than momentum, its belief that they can get TD's and at that point we had forced them into Field Goals.

I believe COLLIE makes a statement in an interview that addresses how HUGE that TOUCHDOWN was......:(

Peyton said that he is MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY exhausted from the preperation to face us and playing us and he is glad he has two weeks otherwise he doesnt know how they would perform otherwise.

Practice Squad
    Nope...injuries to Scott, Greene, and Strickland.

We had no answer today...the Colts just beat us.

Lowery got picked on and Jones couldn't carry the load.

After the injuries , Rex and Schotty called the game different...almost scared.

They stated after the game that all three players injured had major roles in the gameplan:(

Sucks...but we'll be back next year so beware M.F.ers!!!!

[QUOTE=GREENBLOODBLITZ;3477789]Nope...injuries to Scott, Greene, and Strickland.

We had no answer today...the Colts just beat us.

Lowery got picked on and Jones couldn't carry the load.

After the injuries , Rex and Schotty called the game different...almost scared.

They stated after the game that all three players injured had major roles in the gameplan:(

Sucks...but we'll be back next year so beware M.F.ers!!!![/QUOTE]

not only that revis had an insignificant game, first post game with no INTs

Veteran
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;3477775]My girl asked me why i was so upset after they scored before the half when we have the lead......

and i told her...ive been watching NFL football for a long time.

When a team allows another team to score before the half....it breathes life into the entire team. Its just more than momentum, its belief that they can get TD's and at that point we had forced them into Field Goals.

I believe COLLIE makes a statement in an interview that addresses how HUGE that TOUCHDOWN was......:([/QUOTE]

u know, people could say what they want about answering that TD score b4 the half, in the 3rd qtr....but the score b4 the half, completely gave Peyton and the offense confidence. They realized how easy it was to score if they just looked at the secondary receivers. Collie and Garcon both had TD's and over 100yds receiving. We need more secondary help going into next season. Drafting a corner back in the 1st rnd, should be our priority next season, IMO.
    They just drove right down the field and scored on us waaaaay to easily. I knew we were in trouble right after that.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetscc26;3477745]I'm sure it was posted plenty of times on different threads, but that TD the Colts scored right before the half, completely threw us of our game. Gave the Colts so much confidence going into the 2nd half. Say what you want about Jay Feely's missed FG's.....but it wouldn't have made much difference IMO.
    That score right b4 the half did us in. Gave Peyton and his offense confidence....which is the last thing we needed in this game.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that it is the reason we lost, but was definitely one of the big momentum shifters of the game. That drive re-energized the fans, who were shell shocked, and was a sign that this game was not going to be easy for the Jets if they were to win.

All League
    My thoughts exactly

While I dont think that was the SOLE reason we lost, it was HUGE for Indy to get within one score before halftime.

If we go into the half up 17-6 or even 17-9 it would have kept momentum on our side and away from Indy especially with us getting the ball to start the 3rd qtr

Almost as important was not getting any points on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr, had we got atleast 3 it would have been huge to build off of and to keep applying pressure on Indys D but none of these things fell in the Jets favor today and were huge reasons we lost.

Its all good, we'll get those horse lookin b***erds next year!