View Poll Results: did you think they would make the AFC championship At the start of the season

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 2.22%
  • no

43 95.56%
  • no i thought we would make the superbowl

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be Honest ...Did You THink This Team Would Go To The AFC championship Week 1 ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Be Honest ...Did You THink This Team Would Go To The AFC championship Week 1 ?

simple question

BE HONEST

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who gives a crap? They got there. It was their game to win, but they choked.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously, No. But they did.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO I AM JUST DEBATING THAT AS FANS WE SHOULD BE HAPPY

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    One day in the future someone will be coming to our house. I can't wait.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Choked"?

Seriously?

wow.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sharksinflorida View Post
    Thanks, but we don't need a strawman poll to rationalize yesterday's loss.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, I have no beef with you. Clearly, you are young and full of hope, which I envy. But there is no way a fan as old as me--who has seen yesterday's "performance" more times than you could ever imagine--can be happy today. Until we actually win it all, I drink the Kool Aid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy, not quite. Only one fan base will be happy. We should be realistic, and have a positive outlook looking forward.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "Choked"?

Seriously?

wow.
    What dream world are you in? You don't see yesterday as a choke? We had the opportunity to go into halftime 23-6, but miss two FGs indoors and let Manning drive 80 yards in less than a minute. Then score no points in the second half while letting their two young receivers eviscerate out supposed secondary. In my book, that's a classic choke. Put it in the book: Same old Jets whether you want to take off the rose colored glasses or not.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a chance in hell. Rookie head coach, rookie QB. Questions on D-Line, I realistically expected 8-8.

I have been watching the Jets for 40 plus years and this is the first year since 1998 that I have felt good about the team as a whole, especially the QB.

Sure Sanchez made rookie mistakes, but he learned and progressed at years end and into playoffs..... Other winning Jet teams except Namath team in 68-69 had dumb QB's... Todd got LUCKY in the year he took the team to the AFCC. Otherwise he was a dumb interception machine, proven out by the Bufallo playoff game (4), and Miami AFCC (2) pick six. O'Brien... please after 10-1 was so shell shocked he was afraid of being hit. Vinny is the only one who, if healthy, could have gotton us back to the dance.... Lesson learned... Have a GOOD backup!

I said this earlier in the year... The kid has presence... He played very well under pressure yesterday... other QB's would have just started slinging it. Tell me Brett Farve fans... how did that work out yesterday?? Add a pass rusher, ditch Vernon ****ing Gholston and another corner to match Revis, STAY HEALTHY as a team and the future looks bright... Will we win a Superbowl again.. yes.. next year? who knows... but the Jets are again and will be, fun to watch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I don't think anyone saw this coming the first week of the season. I remember an article predicting we would loose our first 5 games of the season! I don't think anyone saw this coming in week 11 nevermind week 1 but we did make it and lost despite being up by 11 points early on.

In the NFL there are no guarentees, we have a very young talented core with an exceptional coaching staff but that doesn't guarentee anything.

After Marino's second year (I believe it was his 2nd) loosing in the Super Bowl everyone would have thought he would get back their ATLEAST another time or two in his career, ask him how that turned out

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, I have no beef with you. Clearly, you are young and full of hope, which I envy. But there is no way a fan as old as me--who has seen yesterday's "performance" more times than you could ever imagine--can be happy today. Until we actually win it all, I drink the Kool Aid.
    Borgo. Your right....... I'm NOT happy either, but remember the original question... Did you even think they would get here.? Not even the most homer fan could have seriously predicted the AFCC. For most of the year they played like an 8-8 team. Number 1 defense... stats mean NOTHING!! in this league.. THey weren't ready this year. Remember the 84 Giants got spanked by Chicago..... They were not quite ready. They came back the next year, denfense intact and owned the league waltzed thru the plauoffs and won the SB. Key there was they stayed healthy. If the Jets fix issues and the trend says they will... witness defense better than last years... and they stay healthy.. they have a shot.. If all that happens and they **** the bed next year....... Then I give up on this ****ing team

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Absolutely.

I predicted an AFC Championship run for the Jets but mentioned that they'd better be prepared for a tough Colts team that would pass on them. I also said Sanchez would have either 2 or 3 TDs and that one would be an 80-yard bomb to Braylon Edwards.

Next question.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What dream world are you in? You don't see yesterday as a choke? We had the opportunity to go into halftime 23-6, but miss two FGs indoors and let Manning drive 80 yards in less than a minute. Then score no points in the second half while letting their two young receivers eviscerate out supposed secondary. In my book, that's a classic choke. Put it in the book: Same old Jets whether you want to take off the rose colored glasses or not.
    No, I do not see a choke at all. I happen to think you're nuts, and I am well regarded as the biggest pessimist and cynic this site has to offer.

Your issues:

1. Field Goals: Both were very long, hardly "can't miss".
    2. Lost our Running game when Greene got hurt.
    3. Lost of Passing D when Strickland got hurt. Lack of D-Back Depth exposed.
    4. Manning is of of the two greatest QB's of this era. He was throwing against...Dwight Lowery. Thats not a choke, that a mismatch made in Colts heaven.

Be bitter and pissy all you like. Just don't expect the rest of us to agree.

I understand heartbreak.

I do not understand insanity, and you sir, are clearly insane. That, or perhaps you're simply far more qualified at posting sushi-snatch threads in the Hampur than giving legitimate football comment.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Rookie Coach goes to the AFC game with a rookie QB. Enough said. How many times has that happened in the NFL?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Yes. Absolutely.

I predicted an AFC Championship run for the Jets but mentioned that they'd better be prepared for a tough Colts team that would pass on them. I also said Sanchez would have either 2 or 3 TDs and that one would be an 80-yard bomb to Braylon Edwards.

Next question.
    So how much money did you win in Vegas? And will I win the Powerball this week?? Please advise!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    No, I do not see a choke at all. I happen to think you're nuts, and I am well regarded as the biggest pessimist and cynic this site has to offer.

Your issues:

1. Field Goals: Both were very long, hardly "can't miss".
    2. Lost our Running game when Greene got hurt.
    3. Lost of Passing D when Strickland got hurt. Lack of D-Back Depth exposed.
    4. Manning is of of the two greatest QB's of this era. He was throwing against...Dwight Lowery. Thats not a choke, that a mismatch made in Colts heaven.

Be bitter and pissy all you like. Just don't expect the rest of us to agree.

I understand heartbreak.

I do not understand insanity, and you sir, are clearly insane. That, or perhaps you're simply far more qualified at posting sushi-snatch threads in the Hampur than giving legitimate football comment.
    Although I agree with your appraisal that I am gifted in locating and evaluating the feminine form, I stand by my comments. You want to excuse yesterday's errors? Fine, I respect your stance. I do not. And it's not about being bitter, as much as it is frustrated with seeing the same mistakes and lack of execution in big spots for 41 years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did think that the Jets would definitely make the playoffs and get at least one win in the playoffs. I also said that this team is good enough to make the AFC championship game if we get the breaks. We got the breaks, and we were good enough.