Thread: Un Prophete

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Un Prophete

Been watching a few films lately (as you can probably tell!), and caught up with this awesome French gangster flick of last year the other day. Raoul, what was the reception to it in France? It's class, best French flick I've seen since 'Tell No One'.

Had to put this thread in the soccer forum because it will likely be unreplied to in the Hamper.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Widely acclaimed by critics and audience. I think it received a prize at The Cannes festival, and will most likely receive something at our equivalent of the Oscars. With the little one we don't get out much, so I haven't seen it yet.

If you liked that, check out Jacques Audiard's other films. They're usually very dark, bleak with marginals or losers as main characters. but not cheap philosophical BS we can sometimes put out.

The Beat My Heart Skipped
    Read My Lips

Are the last 2 I saw which I recommend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Widely acclaimed by critics and audience. I think it received a prize at The Cannes festival, and will most likely receive something at our equivalent of the Oscars. With the little one we don't get out much, so I haven't seen it yet.

If you liked that, check out Jacques Audiard's other films. They're usually very dark, bleak with marginals or losers as main characters. but not cheap philosophical BS we can sometimes put out.

The Beat My Heart Skipped
    Read My Lips

Are the last 2 I saw which I recommend.
    Cool - I will try and track them down - I really enjoyed Un Prophete. Thanks for the heads up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Cool - I will try and track them down - I really enjoyed Un Prophete. Thanks for the heads up.
    I really liked both. Since I'm sure 'Un prophète' is in the same vein, you should enjoy them too.

I love how this forum is the World Topics Forum.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I really liked both. Since I'm sure 'Un prophète' is in the same vein, you should enjoy them too.

I love how this forum is the World Topics Forum.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

The subtitle is lame and gives you the impression it's a sex movie, which it isn't