Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchize loves the Three Amigos' costumes

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3482485]What's the difference between "amigo" and "taco"?

BTW, good line about Tiger. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that's out of line. No place in a discussion, even in fun.
    Didn't Phil Simms get suspended for saying something about a Nascar driver "out getting a taco"?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Polidore, it was great meeting you in SD. I just wish that 10% of our fans made the emotional and financial investment in the Jets that people like you and I do. Making costumes, changing weekend plans in order to be on the road supporting the Jets...that's a sign of true fandom. The "haters" are the same folks who would never do these kinds of things but they'll be the first to have brown bags on their heads at games when the Jets are flopping.

Long live the 3 Amigos! :yes:

BTW, I have a great video from the SD tailgate of you dancing on the back of the blue pickup truck just before heading into the game. Let me know if you've seen video of that. If not, I can post it here.

[QUOTE=Polidore22;3482643]yes.. the nature of a message board. Thank you. Let me clarify... I think him saying it is stupid not that he doesn't have a right to.[/QUOTE]

If Mark thought it was funny, who the hell cares what anybody else thinks.
    The NFL is busy marketing the mexican heritage Sanchez to the people of Mexico as we speak, is that racist?

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3482651]Polidore, it was great meeting you in SD. I just wish that 10% of our fans made the emotional and financial investment in the Jets that people like you and I do. Making costumes, changing weekend plans in order to be on the road supporting the Jets...that's a sign of true fandom. The "haters" are the same folks who would never do these kinds of things but they'll be the first to have brown bags on their heads at games when the Jets are flopping.

Long live the 3 Amigos! :yes:

BTW, I have a great video from the SD tailgate of you dancing on the back of the blue pickup truck just before heading into the game. Let me know if you've seen video of that. If not, I can post it here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude you too... I'm glad some look at it as a stupid/hilarious commitment to the Jets rather than some sort of discussion on race in America. Sanchez likes it, but the old white guy in the suburbs doesn't. :rolleyes: I wonder who's opinion matters more to me...

Hopefully we can get another big tailgate together somewhere next year.. San Diego was insane. I'd say you should post the video, but I don't want to cause an uprising again. It's probably embarassing, but I could care less if you post it. :yes:

C'mon, no one can possily think the costumes were meant in anyways to be racist.....These guys have a passion as Jets fans and and travel with much expense to support the team and Sanchez....People need to lighten up IMO...

[QUOTE=Buster;3482647]So if something is wrong but does not effect me personally I should ignore it?[/QUOTE]

As someone not of the ethnicity in question, in my view, you have no place to judge what is or is not "offensive" with any legitimacy.

In fact, both Rev. Jessie Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton would agree with me on this point, as this is a primary basis for why what they feel is offensive (as African American Leaders) carries weight, whereas those who do not find it offenseive, but are not Afriacan-American, do not carry weight.

In effect, you have no standing to be offended. In an "Offended Court of Law" your (and my) view would both be tossed out for lack of standing.

And as shown, the ethnicity in question clearly does not find it (as a whole) offensive, it is clearly not intended to be offensive, so hence I find your position to be one of adherance to a more general Political Correctness/Though-Police worldview only, a view I dislike deeply.

In the end:

[QUOTE=jetster;3482653]If Mark thought it was funny, who the hell cares what anybody else thinks.[/QUOTE]

Nails it. If the greater Mexican/American Community find it offensive, I am sure they will speak up. At that point, if their community in majoriy claims it offensive, perhaps we may have somethign worth discussing. Till then, not so much.

P.S. In a League with the Washington Redskins and their Fans, this little dress-up game isn't even on teh list of "offensive" things that should top any priority lists for complaint.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-27-2010 at 02:02 PM.

[QUOTE=sg3;3482520]I was banned at a far inferior message board for merely suggesting that their moderator (located in Kansas for some unknown reason) rein in some bigoted douche who was posting about Mexchez and Tacochez and IllegalAlienchez and assorted other anti-latino epiphets.[/QUOTE]

How is Mark going to pay his rent without your financial contributions to that board?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Buster;3482641]

[B]Cinco de Mayo is Mexican Independence day, like the 4th of July but on the 5th of May.[/B]

[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as we are going about pointing out people's ignorance of Mexican heritage, Cinco de Mayo is NOT MEXICAN INDEPEDANCE DAY.

That is a common misconception that has been perpetuated here in the US for ages.

Cinco de Mayo is a tiny little holiday recognizing Mexico's victory over France in 1862 in a little battle in Puebla, Mexico. It's not even a national holiday.

NOT like the 4th of July.

Mexican Independance Day is September 16th.

Carry on with the politcal correctness sophistry.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3482650]Sorry, that's out of line. No place in a discussion, even in fun.
    Didn't Phil Simms get suspended for saying something about a Nascar driver "out getting a taco"?[/QUOTE]

I think it was Bob Griese...

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3482650]Sorry, that's out of line. No place in a discussion, even in fun.
    Didn't Phil Simms get suspended for saying something about a Nascar driver "out getting a taco"?[/QUOTE]

And if I remember, Ben Wright got into hot water on CBS, for mentioning how too many LPGA golfers enjoyed pink tacos.

Maybee I have the quote wrong.:D

Poor Carlton.

From Hero to Polarizing Figure in 48 hrs.

Ahhh the curse of fame.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Or sombrero.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3482677]And if I remember, Ben Wright got into hot water on CBS, for mentioning how too many LPGA golfers enjoyed pink tacos.

Maybee I have the quote wrong.:D[/QUOTE]

I think you have the wrong guy.

Wright is the one who said that female golfers will never be any good because their boobs get in the way.

[QUOTE=southside;3482630][SIZE=7][B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]VIVA LA COSTUMES![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Si Senor!!!

VIVA LA COSTUMES!
    Y VIVA EL SANCHEZ!!!

[QUOTE=FF2;3482680]Poor Carlton.

From Hero to Polarizing Figure in 48 hrs.

Ahhh the curse of fame.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Or sombrero.[/QUOTE]

Scraping the bottom... and all I wanted was to be the good luck charm. :( Heavy is the head that wears the sombrero indeed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3482656]Thanks dude you too... I'm glad some look at it as a stupid/hilarious commitment to the Jets rather than some sort of discussion on race in America. Sanchez likes it, but the old white guy in the suburbs doesn't. :rolleyes: I wonder who's opinion matters more to me...

Hopefully we can get another big tailgate together somewhere next year.. San Diego was insane. I'd say you should post the video, but I don't want to cause an uprising again. It's probably embarassing, but I could care less if you post it. :yes:[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbREJZklEwU[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3482462] It was on Jets Flight Plan on CBS before the Colts game[/QUOTE]

Last season some Japanese TV outfit/network was wandering around the parking lot & filmed a 15 min. portion of my tailgate before the Denver game.

Is 15 minutes of fame longer or shorter over there?

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3482697][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbREJZklEwU[/url][/QUOTE]

LOL. I was excited ok!? :mad::O

Those cops were awesome.. let my brother take pictures in the back seat and were screaming "hey Sanchez" after the game out their loud speaker when they saw it.

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;3482699]Last season some Japanese TV outfit/network was wandering around the parking lot & filmed a 15 min. portion of my tailgate before the Denver game.

Is 15 minutes of fame longer or shorter over there?[/QUOTE]

Well their timezone is ahead right? So... sounds like 9ish hours + 15 mins! :yes::yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3482705]Well their timezone is ahead right? So... sounds like 9ish hours + 15 mins! :yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

You I saw live (and recorded to old-skool 480p res DVD).

I didn't locate my TG yet, maybe Tammy(P) can help me search for it.

As consolation, I did find this nutty video that apparently airs in Japan during NFL TV timeouts - it's exponentially more happening then the static, borderline paedophilic images of some of these same models our resident pronographers Google for and redistribute in the Hanger:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axzEnPuJok[/URL]

My friend's brother in LA also has a Jets-customized poncho in his villa that he wore proudly to the SD game...illegitimi non carborundum.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3482485]What's the difference between "amigo" and "taco"?

BTW, good line about Tiger. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Amigo means friend.

Taco is a type of food.

Ban this fool forever.