Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: Revis & Namdi trying to play TOGETHER!!

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Revis & Namdi trying to play TOGETHER!!

    so they say they've talked to Rex about it, hmm, Gholston Lowery and a 1st rd pick, could that get it done? As long as we don't show Al Davis films and just Combine and college tapes of Gholston he might give us Namdi straight up.


    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...l-observations

    wishfull thinking.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be awesome. On a side note, could this be considered tampering? I'm just asking because I have no idea.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first thread was slightly amusing.

    But please stop.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    That would be awesome. On a side note, could this be considered tampering? I'm just asking because I have no idea.
    I don't believe so, I think revis and nmandi can talk all they want, not sure about Rex lol, but oh my lord, them two playing together *drool*

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    That would be awesome. On a side note, could this be considered tampering? I'm just asking because I have no idea.
    i was thinking the same thing. But i think it would only be tampering if we started the conversation. They started it. Rex just listened. But it would be awesome if somehow he took a pay cut just to be on the same field as revis. It will never happen.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, we all want it to happen but namdi is the one that mentions revis going to oakland. now do we want THAT to happen?

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crayc View Post
    i was thinking the same thing. But i think it would only be tampering if we started the conversation. They started it. Rex just listened. But it would be awesome if somehow he took a pay cut just to be on the same field as revis. It will never happen.
    they would both have to agree to take a paycut. kinda like a "give us equal contracts at this price."

    70 mil each for 7 years. definitely a paycut for both but they might feel a paycut is worth being in the same secondary.
    Last edited by Megalomaniac; 02-01-2010 at 02:04 AM.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    1,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this somehow happens every Jets fan would instantly pop a boner and Rex would have a heart attack.

    Teams would have almost no chance of passing on the defense and would allow Rex to be even more creative with his pressure packages.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post
    If this somehow happens every Jets fan would instantly pop a boner and Rex would have a heart attack.

    Teams would have almost no chance of passing on the defense and would allow Rex to be even more creative with his pressure packages.
    lets not kid ourselves. they would still be able to pass on us. we last played the colts who have like 8 wr options. with even these two, you still will be shutting down two wr's leaving at least 3 more on the field. but it would definitely make the field a LOT more narrow.

    regarding the strategy towards doing something like this, i think these guys would have to go back to playing a particular side. if they put themselves on a specific wr all game, if i were any OC, i would put those two wr's side by side on the left side of the field, and pick apart the right side.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn would that be awesome.
    And in that article it sounds like Nnamdi wants to play for the Jets! But sending Revis to Oakland would be horrible lol..
    Please get that deal done!

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the NFL

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,257
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a bunch of homer posts on espn attached to that story by Raider fans thinking that Revis wants to go to Oakland. LMAO!

    I guess they forgot that NA was quoted a few weeks ago as saying that Rex would be great to play for. Did Revis say the same thing about Al 'Crazy Old Guy' Davis?

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can definitely see a team committing $30m in cap space to their starting CBs.


  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    so they say they've talked to Rex about it
    That would be what the NFL refers to as tampering.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    I can definitely see a team committing $30m in cap space to their starting CBs.

    Exactly.

    There is more to a team than just CBs.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, we'd be able to blitz 9 guys. Suh-weeeeeeeeet.

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    I can definitely see a team committing $30m in cap space to their starting CBs.

    kill joy

    MAKE IT HAPPEN TANNY!

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    so they say they've talked to Rex about it, hmm, Gholston Lowery and a 1st rd pick, could that get it done? As long as we don't show Al Davis films and just Combine and college tapes of Gholston he might give us Namdi straight up.


    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...l-observations

    wishfull thinking.
    Include Clowney and his 40 time and Al will sign off on it.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    lets not kid ourselves. they would still be able to pass on us. we last played the colts who have like 8 wr options. with even these two, you still will be shutting down two wr's leaving at least 3 more on the field. but it would definitely make the field a LOT more narrow.
    lol... lucky for us, offenses have 5 O-lineman that are ineligible, leaving only 5 passing options and the QB.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SackDancer99 View Post
    lol... lucky for us, offenses have 5 O-lineman that are ineligible, leaving only 5 passing options and the QB.
    Sadly for us, those 5 O-linemen blocked our 7 blitzing pass rushers very effectively.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us