Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis & Namdi trying to play TOGETHER!!

Revis & Namdi trying to play TOGETHER!!

so they say they've talked to Rex about it, hmm, Gholston Lowery and a 1st rd pick, could that get it done? As long as we don't show Al Davis films and just Combine and college tapes of Gholston he might give us Namdi straight up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...l-observations

wishfull thinking.

All League
    That would be awesome. On a side note, could this be considered tampering? I'm just asking because I have no idea.

The first thread was slightly amusing.

But please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    That would be awesome. On a side note, could this be considered tampering? I'm just asking because I have no idea.
    I don't believe so, I think revis and nmandi can talk all they want, not sure about Rex lol, but oh my lord, them two playing together *drool*

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    i was thinking the same thing. But i think it would only be tampering if we started the conversation. They started it. Rex just listened. But it would be awesome if somehow he took a pay cut just to be on the same field as revis. It will never happen.

All Pro
    lol, we all want it to happen but namdi is the one that mentions revis going to oakland. now do we want THAT to happen?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crayc View Post
    i was thinking the same thing. But i think it would only be tampering if we started the conversation. They started it. Rex just listened. But it would be awesome if somehow he took a pay cut just to be on the same field as revis. It will never happen.
    they would both have to agree to take a paycut. kinda like a "give us equal contracts at this price."

70 mil each for 7 years. definitely a paycut for both but they might feel a paycut is worth being in the same secondary.
    Last edited by Megalomaniac; 02-01-2010 at 02:04 AM.

All Pro
    If this somehow happens every Jets fan would instantly pop a boner and Rex would have a heart attack.

Teams would have almost no chance of passing on the defense and would allow Rex to be even more creative with his pressure packages.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post
    If this somehow happens every Jets fan would instantly pop a boner and Rex would have a heart attack.

Teams would have almost no chance of passing on the defense and would allow Rex to be even more creative with his pressure packages.
    lets not kid ourselves. they would still be able to pass on us. we last played the colts who have like 8 wr options. with even these two, you still will be shutting down two wr's leaving at least 3 more on the field. but it would definitely make the field a LOT more narrow.

regarding the strategy towards doing something like this, i think these guys would have to go back to playing a particular side. if they put themselves on a specific wr all game, if i were any OC, i would put those two wr's side by side on the left side of the field, and pick apart the right side.

Damn would that be awesome.
    And in that article it sounds like Nnamdi wants to play for the Jets! But sending Revis to Oakland would be horrible lol..
    Please get that deal done!

All League
    that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the NFL

Hall Of Fame
    There are a bunch of homer posts on espn attached to that story by Raider fans thinking that Revis wants to go to Oakland. LMAO!

I guess they forgot that NA was quoted a few weeks ago as saying that Rex would be great to play for. Did Revis say the same thing about Al 'Crazy Old Guy' Davis?

All League
    I can definitely see a team committing $30m in cap space to their starting CBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    so they say they've talked to Rex about it
    That would be what the NFL refers to as tampering.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post

Exactly.

There is more to a team than just CBs.

All League
    Nice, we'd be able to blitz 9 guys. Suh-weeeeeeeeet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post

kill joy

MAKE IT HAPPEN TANNY!

Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    so they say they've talked to Rex about it, hmm, Gholston Lowery and a 1st rd pick, could that get it done? As long as we don't show Al Davis films and just Combine and college tapes of Gholston he might give us Namdi straight up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...l-observations

wishfull thinking.
    Include Clowney and his 40 time and Al will sign off on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    lets not kid ourselves. they would still be able to pass on us. we last played the colts who have like 8 wr options. with even these two, you still will be shutting down two wr's leaving at least 3 more on the field. but it would definitely make the field a LOT more narrow.
    lol... lucky for us, offenses have 5 O-lineman that are ineligible, leaving only 5 passing options and the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by SackDancer99 View Post
    lol... lucky for us, offenses have 5 O-lineman that are ineligible, leaving only 5 passing options and the QB.
    Sadly for us, those 5 O-linemen blocked our 7 blitzing pass rushers very effectively.