Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bit what can you tell us about Darryl Jackson from Kean Univ

bit what can you tell us about Darryl Jackson from Kean Univ

Bit this guy has tremendous size, what is his ability and where do you think he get drafted.

Is he have some skill to stash away and teach him the NFL for a yr on the Practice squad.

6'1" 355lbs.... now thats a NT

THE Kean University? That school's like 2 blocks away from me.

No clue about this guy. Sounds like a big guy.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 02-03-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I've watched him extensively- big guy, athletic, makes plays up the field and out to the flanks....powerful and can collapse the pocket...very tough to handle and needs to be double teams...built low to the ground and plays that way...

plays about 75% on the time and the coaches understand this....lot of upside if he plays on all cylinders...

he's been on our small school sleeper page for a while... if i had to bet i'd say he doesn't get drafted at all... no combine invite...terrible competition in D3... 3 sacks as a senior... even if he has a sick pro day he's coming out of nowhere... and is basically a non-prospect. he'd have to work out like a beast to get a draft pick... ps- the jets aren't looking for nose tackles.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3489380]he's been on our small school sleeper page for a while... if i had to bet i'd say he doesn't get drafted at all... no combine invite...terrible competition in D3... 3 sacks as a senior... even if he has a sick pro day he's coming out of nowhere... and is basically a non-prospect. he'd have to work out like a beast to get a draft pick... [B]ps- the jets aren't looking for nose tackles.[/B][/QUOTE]

How do you know this? Just asking

[QUOTE=C Mart;3489426]How do you know this? Just asking[/QUOTE]

they have jenkins under contract and just re-signed pouha... green did a pretty good job... how many more nose tackles do we expect the Jets to employ? even if we believe Jenkins is declining they aren't paying him like he's declining. if they were looking for NT it would be this type of super sleeper that costs basically nothing.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3489478]they have jenkins under contract and just re-signed pouha... green did a pretty good job... how many more nose tackles do we expect the Jets to employ? even if we believe Jenkins is declining they aren't paying him like he's declining. if they were looking for NT it would be this type of super sleeper that costs basically nothing.[/QUOTE]

Or the type who can play DE next to Jenkins for 3 years before taking over for him at NT.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3489537]Or the type who can play DE next to Jenkins for 3 years before taking over for him at NT.[/QUOTE]

Well, these type of players might be even harder to find than a 3-4 NT. Haloti Ngata is a guy who is capable of doing that but other than that, I really can't think of any players who are able to do it. Now I would be all for adding some huge guy like this Jackson kid and have him develop for some time...

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3489380]he's been on our small school sleeper page for a while... if i had to bet i'd say he doesn't get drafted at all... no combine invite...terrible competition in D3... 3 sacks as a senior... even if he has a sick pro day he's coming out of nowhere... and is basically a non-prospect. he'd have to work out like a beast to get a draft pick... ps- the jets aren't looking for nose tackles.[/QUOTE]

What is the name of your site again?

Thx

[QUOTE=bitonti;3489478]they have jenkins under contract and just re-signed pouha... green did a pretty good job... how many more nose tackles do we expect the Jets to employ? even if we believe Jenkins is declining they aren't paying him like he's declining. if they were looking for NT it would be this type of super sleeper that costs basically nothing.[/QUOTE]

bit, i understand that.. however, if this guy goes undrafted why not sign him to the practice squad to develop. it cost next to nothing and maybe he could after some time be like maake kemenoteau from carolina. BTW, the jets released green during the season and only brought him back when jenkins got hurt this would lead me to believe that they are NOT enamored by him.

another way to look at it is if Jenkins is healthy and Green got cut... a real NFL player with experience... how will a 3rd NT get on the roster? the pouha resigning was significant...

also FWIW i like Kroul and Steinkuhler... i really like Devito and Pitoitua. they might go high for an Ellis replacement or someone who can rush the passer but i think they are good with gap cloggers for now.

so this Jackson guy... let's say he works out like a maniac... there was a guy a few years back Mike King who played guard and ran a real 4.8 at 300 - and the Jets needed guards... King didn't get drafted, hurt his neck in NFL Europe and never played again. My point is even if this jackson dude works out like a freak it's still a long winding road for him to get to the league, let alone the 53 man. He doesn't have film against decent competition... and there are guys like Kroul and Steinkuhler from big 10 and big 12 who are psquad projects already.

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3489547]Well, these type of players might be even harder to find than a 3-4 NT. Haloti Ngata is a guy who is capable of doing that but other than that, I really can't think of any players who are able to do it. Now I would be all for adding some huge guy like this Jackson kid and have him develop for some time...[/QUOTE]

Dan Williams probably could. One of the reasons he'd be my choice in round 1 if available.

[QUOTE=BRONX JET;3489552]What is the name of your site again?

Thx[/QUOTE]

draft daddy - click the link in his sig

Subtract Green and throw in DeVito, the line swing lineman, and I believe it.

I also don't think NT is a huge need, BUT a legit DE prospect is.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3489582]another way to look at it is if Jenkins is healthy and Green got cut... a real NFL player with experience... how will a 3rd NT get on the roster? the pouha resigning was significant...

also FWIW i like Kroul and Steinkuhler... i really like Devito and Pitoitua. they might go high for an Ellis replacement or someone who can rush the passer but i think they are good with gap cloggers for now.

so this Jackson guy... let's say he works out like a maniac... there was a guy a few years back Mike King who played guard and ran a real 4.8 at 300 - and the Jets needed guards... King didn't get drafted, hurt his neck in NFL Europe and never played again. My point is even if this jackson dude works out like a freak it's still a long winding road for him to get to the league, let alone the 53 man. He doesn't have film against decent competition... and there are guys like Kroul and Steinkuhler from big 10 and big 12 who are psquad projects already.[/QUOTE]

with that being said, what do you like about kroul, pitoitua and steinkuhler? thanks for your input

[QUOTE=nhjet;3489642]with that being said, what do you like about kroul, pitoitua and steinkuhler? thanks for your input[/QUOTE]

pito is 6'8" 310+ and actually played well in limited snaps this year... he pushes the pocket on pass plays and can stop the run... another year in weightroom, getting a little heavier, he could be a monster. he's got upside (theres that word again) and is really underrated.

kroul and stein could be the next devito, i.e. tough, hard working lunch pail hard hat type of players... neither is going to replace Jenkins as a dominator (very few can do that) but they could contribute in a Kelly Gregg sort of way. Kroul played well in preseason and stein has great bloodlines. Both need to gain another 10-20 pounds or so.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3489671]pito is 6'8" 310+ and actually played well in limited snaps this year... he pushes the pocket on pass plays and can stop the run... another year in weightroom, getting a little heavier, he could be a monster. he's got upside (theres that word again) and is really underrated.

kroul and stein could be the next devito, i.e. tough, hard working lunch pail hard hat type of players... neither is going to replace Jenkins as a dominator (very few can do that) but they could contribute in a Kelly Gregg sort of way. Kroul played well in preseason and stein has great bloodlines. Both need to gain another 10-20 pounds or so.[/QUOTE]

i always feel better talking to u... now what about the 2 olineman on the practice squad.. parenton and gay?

this guy sounds a lot like a guy at montclair two years ago who was getting scouted... big big big man around 340, ran well, and was strong and stout (saw him do 225 for 50 reps).. if i recall correctly he was being scouted by the chargers, eagles, browns, and cardinals..

that was 2 years ago and he's not in the league, kind of the same situation in my mind. you have to do a lot to break into the league from D3.

also i went to the msu vs kean game this year and didnt really remember this guy making that many plays.

KEAN UNIVERSITY- JETS RECRUITING ZONE

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3489348]THE Kean University? That school's like 2 blocks away from me.

No clue about this guy. Sounds like a big guy.[/QUOTE]

I lived in that neighborhood also. Near Eddie Malone's Lounge on Magie avenue.

fyi

Jets | May not bring Green back next season
    Comment (0)
    Thu, 04 Feb 2010 08:10:14 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets may not bring back restricted free-agent DE Howard Green next season.