Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jimmy Graham (MIA) TE; 6'8, 260 lbs

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsPT View Post
    I went to UM and saw Graham play basketball and football first-hand. He is a good athlete, but he is way too raw to make a roster (Kareem Brown ring a bell??) He's a great athlete, but his football knowledge isn't there and I saw him drop A LOT of balls. He is not used to catching the ball AND getting hit. I'd pass on him as we already have an athletic tight end who lacks top-end blocking ability.

I don't disagree with regards to passing on Graham because we do not have a third or fourth round pick. However, to say he is too raw to make a roster is a stretch. He runs very good routes and with the exception of one game (VT in the rain) he did a good job of catching the ball. He isn't afraid of contact and anyone of who saw him play BB and FB at UM would know that. What does Kareem Brown have to do with Graham? Brown was not a basketball player who decided to try out for the football team his senior year.

All Pro
    We just don't have the picks to grab him because I see him getting picked in the 3rd or so. His upside is off the charts, and some team will take a minor risk by taking him a little earlier than he should go.

All Pro
    ^ this is the truth. we don't have the picks for when he'll go off the board.. And it sucks, cause i've read numerous reports from scouting departments saying Graham's upsides are unlimited.

All Pro
    sooo. we´re got a 4th rnd pick now boys.. nudge nudge, wink wink

All Pro
    (Rotoworld) Miami (FL) TE Jimmy Graham reportedly looked "tremendous" in pass catching drills at the Hurricanes' Friday Pro Day. Analysis: Graham stood on his outstanding times from the Combine, but apparently put on a show in the receiving portion of Friday's workout. Offering legitimate Tony Gonzalez appeal, Graham could sneak into the second round of April's draft.
    Why don't we just draft and convert him to a WR huh? I mean for pete's sake.. I love this guy.

All Pro
    Ok this is just getting silly. GOOOOOD i would give anything for this man

Jimmy Graham, TE, Sunday 3/28, 9:25 AM CT

Jimmy Graham could be taken in the first round of next month's NFL draft, according to Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post.

Our View: His "size, his athletic skills and his potential to keep improving" are impressing teams across the league. Stay tuned.

Intriguing player indeed. Perhaps it would be great for the Jets if he actually goes in the first (not sure about that though) or early 2nd and push some quality players (DE/OlB/Slot WR/FS) down to where we pick.

All Pro
    ^ Agreed. Also, we could take him ourselves..