Thread: Fox to Broadcast CL Final on a Saturday Afternoon

All Pro

Fox to Broadcast CL Final on a Saturday Afternoon

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...-air-live.html

For the first time, a U.S. network will broadcast this year's European Champions League final.

Fox, which airs Champions League matches on its cable channel, Fox Soccer Channel, will televise the Champions League final live from Madrid on May 22. The game was originally scheduled to air on another Fox-owned cable channel, FX.

Fox is in the first year of a three-year deal to broadcast Champions League matches
    Big step for soccer in the US as anyone has acess to the match. Cant wait to see the number as it is on a Saturday afternoon this year.

FIFA '10 (on xbox) has gotten me into soccer more, which teams are playing?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Wait so, it's gonna be on Fox Fox? Not Fox Soccer Channel? If so, this is amazing. Can't wait for to hear Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen do this game.

and person above me: The tournament is currently in the first knock out round. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2...knockout_stage

Nice! HD hopefully. FSC compresses their signal to almost being unwatchable.

On a Saturday afternoon? That's awesome. The Wednesday at 3pm kickoff time was always a killer. This is really great news for soccer fans in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Nice! HD hopefully. FSC compresses their signal to almost being unwatchable.
    Do you get FSC in HD?

During some matches (usually Premier League), it says FSC HD up in the corner, and the picture looks slightly clearer, but it's not full screen and definitely not in HD. I have Cablevision, so I'm wondering if they will start carrying an FSC HD channel.

Jets Insider VIP
    Is Fox also broadcasting the WC? Maybe trying to get people interested before the big stage?

In any case, good for news for soccer in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Do you get FSC in HD?

During some matches (usually Premier League), it says FSC HD up in the corner, and the picture looks slightly clearer, but it's not full screen and definitely not in HD. I have Cablevision, so I'm wondering if they will start carrying an FSC HD channel.
    No, I don't get FSC in HD. I thought I read something awhile back that Fox/FSC was taking over some Setanta games, and would start broadcasting in HD.

I haven't kept up with the goings on, but this looks set to start March 1st:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/plus

Now...if they would just pony up the cash and sign Ray Hudson to call the games!
    Last edited by frostlich; 02-12-2010 at 07:51 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    Wait so, it's gonna be on Fox Fox? Not Fox Soccer Channel? If so, this is amazing. Can't wait for to hear Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen do this game.

and person above me: The tournament is currently in the first knock out round. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2...knockout_stage
    Yes....Fox Fox aka fox 5 in new york. It was originally going to be on FX.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Is Fox also broadcasting the WC? Maybe trying to get people interested before the big stage?

In any case, good for news for soccer in the US.
    ESPN/ESPN2/ESPN Classic are broadcasting all the matches except USA/England and the third place game/finals. The only way that changes is if USA gets into the semifnals.