Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Lafell over Golden Tate?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandon Lafell over Golden Tate?

If we dont go corner in the first round, and go to WR, many guru's having us picking golden tate. Honestly, I like Brandon LaFell's body of work and physical measurements much better. Guess it depends on his speed at the combine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bryant over both

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know much about him, but Mayock has him listed as his #5 WR behind Bryant, Benn, Demaryius Thomas, and Tate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like football speed better. It seems like the 40 is just a waste of time these days. Shonn Greene is a prime example recently of that exact fact. Having said that I don't know anything about these guys. I'd prefer a solid starting CB in the 1st round to a WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LaFell is overlooked by a lot of people. It's not like most people are down on him. He just isn't a topic of conversation very often because I think most people believe he's a 2nd round round pick... maybe a chance to go at the end of the 1st.

His stock hasn't really moved since last season. He had a solid year, nothing spectacular like Tate, but he played on a running team with a pretty average-to below average QB. I'd love if he somehow fell to #61. Both he and Tate will be picked between 30 and 45 IMO.

For the Jets, I'd take Tate because he's a little more explosive. But I think they're both pretty good players with a chance to become #1s.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Lafell over Tate because he's bigger. Both are good players.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like LaFell.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like lafell but felt he didn't help himself by skipping the senior bowl... had alot of questions to answer... and didn't.

as for Tate the Jets dont need another slot player they need a #2 with #1 potential... lafell (or damian williams, or demaryius thomas) fits that description better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ZachS;3505443]I like Brandon LaFell's body[/QUOTE]

We get it, we get it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3505472]LaFell is overlooked by a lot of people. It's not like most people are down on him. He just isn't a topic of conversation very often because I think most people believe he's a 2nd round round pick... maybe a chance to go at the end of the 1st.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this assessment. :yes:

He kind of reminds me of the Javon Walker (6'3" 215 lbs.) pick by Green Bay in 2002. Walker was considered a 2nd rounder and everyone was shocked that GB picked him at #20 ahead of Antonio Bryant, Jabar Gaffney, & Josh Reed. Walker ended up BLOWING up as a pro until went psycho and was traded to Denver

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]The jets already signed a WR similar to Lafell [/B]in [B]Marcus HENRY![/B] Go with TATE!!! who can do it all as a WR and Returner...:yes:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TampaT;3505511]We get it, we get it[/QUOTE]

really?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lafell definitely has decent body size, similar to Bryant. Some draft boards actually have him rated as high as 3rd WR behind Bryant and Tate. Honestly if these guys can run good routes and have good hands any of them will fill the bill for us. We need a slot guy and any of these players should be able to thrive as a #3 WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LaFell's a pretty boy and I have better hands then him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3505944]Lafell definitely has decent body size, similar to Bryant. Some draft boards actually have him rated as high as 3rd WR behind Bryant and Tate. Honestly if these guys can run good routes and have good hands any of them will fill the bill for us. We need a slot guy and any of these players should be able to thrive as a #3 WR.[/QUOTE]

It's debatable if we need a slot receiver or a number two receiver. Cotchery is very good in the slot and we could always move him inside.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3506712]It's debatable if we need a slot receiver or a number two receiver. Cotchery is very good in the slot and we could always move him inside.[/QUOTE]

I think if the Jets take a WR, it should be someone who has potential to become more than just a slot guy -- unless that player is taken in the 6th or 7th round.

There's no telling what happens with Braylon after this year, and it would be smart IMO to get a guy who could potentially take over for him if it doesn't work out.

BAP in round 1 and 2. If the player happens to be a WR, so be it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3506814]I think if the Jets take a WR, it should be someone who has potential to become more than just a slot guy -- unless that player is taken in the 6th or 7th round.

There's no telling what happens with Braylon after this year, and it would be smart IMO to get a guy who could potentially take over for him if it doesn't work out.

BAP in round 1 and 2. If the player happens to be a WR, so be it.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. There is really no position on this roster we couldn't use an elite upgrade over. (maybe LT and C...) And even if there is a starter penciled in, we can use depth everywhere.

Take the best players and find a way to make them fit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3506497]LaFell's a pretty boy and I have better hands then him.[/QUOTE]

90% of good WRs are pretty boys. Showman athletes...look I can jump, catch, AND run...bahstids.

Plus, he puts Cotchery inside. That just makes everything work.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 02-24-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Voice of Reason;3506819]Couldn't agree more. [B]There is really no position on this roster we couldn't use an elite upgrade over. [/B](maybe LT and C...) And even if there is a starter penciled in, we can use depth everywhere.

Take the best players and find a way to make them fit.[/QUOTE]

Contractually? There are more than that. ILB being one of them.

You won't find many 'elite' talented players at 29 and beyond though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give me Tate over Lafell any day of the week. Some may think he's not going to be a #1. But the guy is so explosive, productive and certainly not limited to the slot .

If Braylon does leave the year after, having Cotchery/Tate leaves us with a similar pair to the Hines Ward/Santonio Holmes combo.