Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd round pick for Marshall?

2nd round pick for Marshall?

Just saw on ESPN Insider that "the latest buzz on disgruntled Broncos WR has just a No. 2 as the price tag." [I]If someone has insider, please post the whole entry[/I].

[URL="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors"]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors[/URL]

How things change in less than a year...I would pull the trigger on that deal, he's be only 26 when the season starts and broke the single game reception record this season!

B Marsh, Braylon, Cotchery -- that's a pretty dominant unit.

All Pro
    pfff, if thats the case then clearly Yes. but there's about 15 teams ahead of us that will offer the same.

[IMG]http://www.2time-sys.com/2TimeBlog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/just_say_no.gif[/IMG]

All League
    Here you go...[QUOTE][B]Second-rounder for Marshall?[/B]

Brandon Marshall | Broncos | Interested: Browns?, Buccaneers?, Dolphins?, Rams?, Cardinals?, Cowboys?, Patriots?, Bengals?, Seahawks?, Redskins?, Ravens?

There's been a lot of speculation over the past month and change as to where Brandon Marshall will wind up in 2010. Mike Klis of the Denver Post noted recently that despite Marshall's being contrite about this past season, he's likely to be shopped anyway.

As far as a price tag goes, Peter King of Sports Illustrated opined on Monday that a deal could get done for a second-rounder. Don't forget that the Patriots have three second-rounders this April.

One destination that will be mentioned for any receiver this offseason is Baltimore. The team is bankrupt at the position, and in order for Joe Flacco to properly develop, he needs to have a stronger cast of pass-catchers. But will Marshall's character give the team second thoughts? Not according to what owner Steve Bisciotti told Aaron Wilson of National Football Post.

But back to the Patriots. Randy Moss isn't getting any younger (and could be traded away himself), and who knows what kind of shape Wes Welker will be in after shredding his knee to close out 2009. Here's the Professor John Clayton on that possibility. Meanwhile, NFC West blogger Mike Sando says you can't take the Seahawks out of the picture just yet.[/QUOTE][QUOTE=Mike Sando]I'd say it's likely the Broncos trade Marshall this offseason and, until we hear otherwise, Seattle would have to rank among the more logical destinations.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3505452][IMG]http://www.2time-sys.com/2TimeBlog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/just_say_no.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[I]Clever...[/I]:rolleyes:

So the Patriots will trade Moss, get Marshall and the Jets would draft Dez Bryant who was great the last 10 games of his senior year11!1!! WOOOOO!!1!1!1!!

...and thanks ozu ^^

He's a head case and that price is entirely incorrect

I'd be shocked if they traded him to any team in the AFC.
    You never want to be embarassed down the road.

[QUOTE=dassin;3505463][I]Clever...[/I]:rolleyes:

So the Patriots will trade Moss, get Marshall and the Jets would draft Dez Bryant who was great the last 10 games of his senior year11!1!! WOOOOO!!1!1!1!!

...and thanks ozu ^^[/QUOTE]

Dude, Marshall's a prick. I'd rather draft someone who can catch a ball with the #2 than use it on him.

I want no part of Marshall....

All you need to know about him is that Josh McDaniels had his teammates support when he discliplined him for that Week 17 game, in spite of the fact that they had a playoff birth potentially on the line. [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4792471"]In fact, they reportedly [b]encouraged[/b] him to do so.[/URL] That's how much of a hated man he is by his own teammates.

We don't need the new T.O., except unlike the original, this one actually gets in trouble with the law as well as being a lockerroom cancer.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 02-22-2010 at 04:17 PM.

All League
    Lets just assume for a second that he was available to US for a #2.

Yes he has been a head ache for his coaches in Denver. Well McDaniels has not made too many friends in Denver and had it not been for their stellar start, they would be running him out of town. Shanahan was also not a players coach.

Rex is a players coach. And if anyone here honestly believes there is a WR is this draft that is capable of catching 100 balls three years in a row - you are kidding yourself. Many people said the same thing about Edwards and he has been a model teammate since joining the Jets.

Give up a second round pick (which the opportunity cost of said pick would be most likely a nickel corner or #3 or #4 WR) for Marshall - resign him to an incentive laden contract extension and now have the close to the best WR corp in the NFL.

If a 2 is too high, then let him go to NE, catch the 100 balls that Welker was going to get this year and allow NE to lose Moss in 2011 without missing a beat.

[QUOTE=pcola;3505561][B]Lets just assume for a second that he was available to US for a #2.[/B]

Yes he has been a head ache for his coaches in Denver. Well McDaniels has not made too many friends in Denver and had it not been for their stellar start, they would be running him out of town. Shanahan was also not a players coach.

Rex is a players coach. And if anyone here honestly believes there is a WR is this draft that is capable of catching 100 balls three years in a row - you are kidding yourself. Many people said the same thing about Edwards and he has been a model teammate since joining the Jets.

Give up a second round pick (which the opportunity cost of said pick would be most likely a nickel corner or #3 or #4 WR) for Marshall - resign him to an incentive laden contract extension and now have the close to the best WR corp in the NFL.

If a 2 is too high, then let him go to NE, catch the 100 balls that Welker was going to get this year and allow NE to lose Moss in 2011 without missing a beat.[/QUOTE]

He won't be.

So why speculate.

[QUOTE=pcola;3505561]Lets just assume for a second that he was available to US for a #2.

If a 2 is too high, then let him go to NE, catch the 100 balls that Welker was going to get this year and allow NE to lose Moss in 2011 without missing a beat.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, McDaniels is actually liked quite well by his team. He had issues with 2 players, but one is gone, and the other is likely to be out the door behind him. And being fair, Cutler and Marshall were never considered the easiest guys in the world to work with.

Given his past, let him go to New England, he'll tear up that locker room in no time. This guy makes T.O. seem like a good teammate.

Pats??? Cowboys??? I cant see Marshall going to those teams. Denver will trade him to a NFC team like the Bucs, Seahawks, Rams or [B]Redskins(Shanny [/B][B]is in DC)[/B]

[QUOTE=pcola;3505561]

Didn't we draft Gholston because we were afraid he would go to NE?

Anyone who makes any decision based on what they think NE is going to do should be summarily fired.

Obviously you're a fan, so you can't be fired :D, but I think it's just wrong to argue for or against things based on what you're afraid NE will do.

We need to do whatever is best for our team - let BB worry about NE...

Won't the final 8 rule prevent us from trading for him anyway? If not giving up a #2 for Marshall is a no brainer, but at that point where does Cotchery play? Slot?

All League
    [QUOTE=thshadow;3505833]Didn't we draft Gholston because we were afraid he would go to NE?

Anyone who makes any decision based on what they think NE is going to do should be summarily fired.

Obviously you're a fan, so you can't be fired :D, but I think it's just wrong to argue for or against things based on what you're afraid NE will do.

We need to do whatever is best for our team - let BB worry about NE...[/QUOTE]

My apologies that you took what I said literally. I would make the move because at the 29th pick in the 2nd round is going to get us a marginally good player. We would REALLY be lucky to find someone that can start on this team next year in that range. Maybe a Lowery-type of role player or Pouha-type. I would say getting Marshall for that pick would be good ONLY because the guy catches 100 balls every year. Even with Orton throwing to him. I could care less what Mumbles thinks or will do. The issue is with those who think Marshall would be a bust that if he went to NE, he would easily replace Moss and that we would have to deal with him at least twice a year and it would extend Cindy's career at two years.

As far as McDaniels, of course the players say they like him. If I am not mistaken, our players loved Mangini after one year as well. When Denver comes up short again this year (and they will) we will see how many of Denver players, fans, and front office execs like him. His 6-0 start was the strangest and luckiest I have ever seen a team start in my lifetime and by week 17 they were exposed as the frauds they were. We will see what kind of carryover that disasterous finish will have this year.

Sending a #2 to Denver for Brandon Marshall is a FREAKING NO BRAINER!

Rex could handle Marshall no problem! For gods sake Rex had a MURDERER on his team in Baltimore.

Bill Belichick & Josh McDaniel are OLD SCHOOL

They like to embarrass players publicly
    Why do you think Adalius Thomas will be NY Jet soon
    Thomas was quoted as saying, "I'm not a little kid that needs to be sent home from school", when he was late to a practice in a snowstorm.

I'm not saying that Marshall is a SAINT, he's obviously been a prick sometimes but WINNING changes everything.
    This guy broke the record for most catches in a game with Kyle Orten throwing him the rock.

Jets offense would be SICK! I MEAN SICK!
    EDWARDS-COTCHERY-MARSHALL-KELLER!
    Sign me up man

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3505726]From what I've read, McDaniels is actually liked quite well by his team. He had issues with 2 players, but one is gone, and the other is likely to be out the door behind him. And being fair, Cutler and Marshall were never considered the easiest guys in the world to work with.

Given his past, let him go to New England, he'll tear up that locker room in no time. This guy makes T.O. seem like a good teammate.[/QUOTE]

Errr....I agree with you that I don't want him on our team, but I wouldn't be happy if he went to NE on the chance that he cleans up his act and turns that offense into a new version of the 2007 Patriots.

Let him go to Seattle or St. Louis and I can be comfortable forgetting about him.

Trust me Denver isn't going to just give him away. As much of a dick as McDaniels is he still knows that Marshall is the best player on that team, so he isn't going to just hand him over to anyone.

not sure if this is already posted...

[url]http://deadspin.com/5479189/darrent-williams-trial-might-explain-a-lot-about-brandon-marshall[/url]