Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would do Rhodes for this cat in a heartbeat...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do Rhodes for this cat in a heartbeat...

at least he's not scared to drop the hammer on people and he's a nightmare in the open field, got a little Ed Reed in him:[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5V8gkrJBs8[/url]

A corner he's not, safety's where he should've played his whole career.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's got a good eye for the ball and great hands but how is he on run support and laying hits? All of the highlights were INT's.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure there's a reason the Cardinals are cutting him, and run support / hitting was probably it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a bad player, but Kerry Rhodes he is not....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He hits trust me, not a candy ass like Kerry who only plays these days to prove "haters" wrong... the rest of the time he twits:zzz:.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jeeper231;3506139]I'm sure there's a reason the Cardinals are cutting him, and run support / hitting was probably it.[/QUOTE]

incorrect, he had a huge roster bonus due, that's why they released him. he would be an immediate upgrade over Rhodes.

unfortunately, he has already come out and said he would like to be a Dolphin.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I would do Rhodes"

:i_dont_kn

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=S&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1[/url]

Not that I think their rankings are anything reliable, but keep scrolling down for Antrel Rolle's name. Here's a hint: It'll take a while.

The reason he's being cut is because he was a huge bust. It's laughable to even think he's in Rhodes's league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3506320]incorrect, he had a huge roster bonus due, that's why they released him. [B]he would be an immediate upgrade over Rhodes.[/B]

unfortunately, he has already come out and said he would like to be a Dolphin.[/QUOTE]

you might want to be a little more specific before a lot of people get upset over this. he's EASILY an immediate upgrade over the rhodes that was in weeks 1-11. weeks 12-20, maybe, maybe not. that's more of a toss up. rhodes weeks 1-11 was awful though. just awful.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3506329][url]http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=S&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1[/url]

Not that I think their rankings are anything reliable, but keep scrolling down for Antrel Rolle's name. Here's a hint: It'll take a while.

The reason he's being cut is because he was a huge bust. It's laughable to even think he's in Rhodes's league.[/QUOTE]

He's not.

But he has a highlight reel so he's ****ING AWESOME!!!1 :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3506334]you might want to be a little more specific before a lot of people get upset over this. he's EASILY an immediate upgrade over the rhodes that was in weeks 1-11. weeks 12-20, maybe, maybe not. that's more of a toss up. rhodes weeks 1-11 was awful though. just awful.[/QUOTE]

he's a better cover man and that is what we need. maybe not quite as athletically gifted, but his head is in the game like Rhodes' hasn't been for a couple of seasons now. and i bet he would even listen to advice from his position coach, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Those highlights, at least the INT's against Cincy, are from 2007.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3506371]he's a better cover man[/QUOTE]

Link?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3506371]he's a better cover man and that is what we need. maybe not quite as athletically gifted, but his head is in the game like Rhodes' hasn't been for a couple of seasons now. and i bet he would even listen to advice from his position coach, too.[/QUOTE]

Rhodes is excellent in coverage. I've haven't focused on Rolle's play much, but the posters on a AZ forum say he sucks in coverage and is a poor tackler.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a little bit scary when you log onto the message board and you see under Jets and NFL Talk: "I would do Rhodes for this..." :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3506329][url]http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=S&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1[/url]

The reason he's being cut is because he was a huge bust. It's laughable to even think he's in Rhodes's league.[/QUOTE]

Rolle may be crap or not but you overvalue todays Kerry Rhodes a great deal. Rhodes didn't play even the same realm as he did a couple years ago and showed some very serious flaws in his game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both Rhodes and Rolle are overrated in this thread.

Star safeties don't get cut nor are do they flash as little as Rhodes did last year.

Rhodes is what he shows us. I've never heard such extreme opinions on one player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3506398]Rolle may be crap or not but you overvalue todays Kerry Rhodes a great deal. Rhodes didn't play even the same realm as he did a couple years ago and showed some very serious flaws in his game.[/QUOTE]

In the entire year, I can only remember Rhodes putting a lick on someone once.
    Chad Ocho Cinco

You would think that knowing that the Jets blitz like crazy, and that the QB needs to get the ball out quickly that he would have HAMMERED more people than he did.
    That's why Rex was upset with him. If you don't study what everyone on the defense is doing than you can't anticipate where the hot reads are basically Rhodes had been coasting on sheer talent.
    He's not a complete player as they like to say. Since Leonard is so savy, it's easier for Rex to figure out who effed up on a particular play. Seeing as Rex benched his ass, I would assume that Rhodes just didn't really know what he was doing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3506375]Link?[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://jetstemptdestiny.com/"]UNDENIABLE PROOF THAT ANTREL ROLLE IS A BETTER COVER MAN THAN KERRY RHODES.[/URL]

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3506376]Rhodes is excellent in coverage. I've haven't focused on Rolle's play much, but the posters on a AZ forum say he sucks in coverage and is a poor tackler.[/QUOTE]

pray tell what AZ forums have you been browsing? i just did a quick google of AZ forums and found threads like this:

[url]http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=48527&page=2[/url]

which seemed to be overall more confused by the Cards' decision to release him than the glee of releasing an underperformer.

Rhodes in 2009 was an average cover safety that had trouble committing to assignments in over the top coverage and ended up getting to plays far too late to make plays most times.

i will admit that I only saw 7 Cardinals games this year on the ticket, but what i did see made me envious of why Rhodes wasn't performing to that level. no, Rolle is not a superstar ballhawk or savage hitter (although he did have 4 picks and 78 tackles) but he's also not afraid to put his body on the line like Rhodes appeared to be at many points during this season, and while he seems to still have a lot to learn at the safety position, he committed to assignments much more decisively.

none of this would be worth arguing if Kerry had any interest in dedicating himself to become great, and allowing himself to be coached. he already thinks he's great, and to me that sounds like he isn't interested in getting better. i'll take Rolle over that any day, because they near equal in my book with potential being the scale tipper. that is an immediate upgrade.

and the argument is probably a moot point regardless, since Rolle wants to play in Miami.
    Last edited by Lazy Bum; 02-23-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rolle's a poor man's Ed Reed. Frankly, I don't think being the lesser version of the best safety ever is that bad though. If the Dolphins don't jump on Rolle, I'll be pissed.