Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Story: Asomugha on the block?

New Story: Asomugha on the block?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday that the Oakland Raiders are looking to shake-up their roster and are having a number of discussions with teams about possible trades. Schefter also noted that the team is open to dealing All-World corner Nnamdi Asomugha, but his mammoth contract makes him virtually immovable.

Asomugha, widely regarded as one of the league's top coverage corners, is entering the second year of a three year/$45.3 million deal, which he signed last February, making him the highest-paid defensive back in league history. The two-time Pro Bowler is slated to make at least $16 million in the final year...

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/daniel_troisi/?p=646]More...[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER;3506263]ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday that the Oakland Raiders are looking to shake-up their roster and are having a number of discussions with teams about possible trades. Schefter also noted that the team is open to dealing All-World corner Nnamdi Asomugha, but his mammoth contract makes him virtually immovable.

Asomugha, widely regarded as one of the league's top coverage corners, is entering the second year of a three year/$45.3 million deal, which he signed last February, making him the highest-paid defensive back in league history. The two-time Pro Bowler is slated to make at least $16 million in the final year...

[URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/daniel_troisi/?p=646"]More...[/URL][/QUOTE]
    that would certainly make a pass rushing DE less of a need :D

All Pro
    i was about to comment on this.. Raiders are shopping much of their roster..

You guys thinking what I'm thinking?? ...(no not aso)

Asomugha on the block?

How about B.Edwards and our 1st rd pick and next years 2nd for Asomugha. Then trade our 2nd rd pick this year to denver for Marshall.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Paradis;3506269]i was about to comment on this.. Raiders are shopping much of their roster..

You guys thinking what I'm thinking?? ...(no not aso)[/QUOTE]
    Seymour?

I'd rather have another lockdown guy

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3506269]i was about to comment on this.. Raiders are shopping much of their roster..
    (no not aso)[/QUOTE]

If so, why franchise Seymour???

Is it just to try to trade him???

Of course, I shouldn't try to make sense of how Crazy Al runs his franchise.

Picking up his contract will cause problems in the overall salary structure--with Revis and Mangold coming up, and LW for that matter, paying Aso 16mm+ is going to make these guys ask for the moon--and they should.

No option but to pass on him unless he's willing to take a big pay cut.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3506273]Seymour?

I'd rather have another lockdown guy[/QUOTE]

McFadden. who we rightfully should have right now instead of Gholston if Davis had a ounce of sanity left.

Veteran
    If the Raiders are really putting everyone on the trading block, the one feasible trade I'd like to see would be Robert Gallery coming here. Gallery's turned into a premier run blocking guard, and I don't know how much the Raiders value him.

I don't think it would be possible to afford Aso

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Paradis;3506290]McFadden. who we rightfully should have right now instead of Gholston if Davis had a ounce of sanity left.[/QUOTE]
    hmm...I really wanted him that year, interesting :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3506294]hmm...I really wanted him that year, interesting :yes:[/QUOTE]

Greene, DMC and Washinton would be Epic. and thats the first appropraite use of epic this board has been privy to in a long time.
    Last edited by Paradis; 02-23-2010 at 02:15 PM.

[QUOTE=SMC;3506276]If so, why franchise Seymour???

Is it just to try to trade him???

Of course, I shouldn't try to make sense of [U]how Crazy Al runs his franchise[/U].[/QUOTE]
    [B][I]
    [SIZE="3"]"WHO YOU CALLING CRAZY?!?!?!"[/SIZE][/I][/B]

[IMG]http://trueslant.com/donovan/files/2010/01/aldavis.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    McFadden has a huge contract. I think he signed a 6 year 60 million dollar contract with alot of guaranteed money, and I don't think the Jets want to absorb that money. I'd rather take Michael Bush to help spell Shonn Greene and use Leon Washington as the 3rd down back

Hall Of Fame
    don't stress over the #s..if the tanny wants, he'll be a jet

All Pro
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3506300]McFadden has a huge contract. I think he signed a 6 year 60 million dollar contract with alot of guaranteed money, and I don't think the Jets want to absorb that money. I'd rather take Michael Bush to help spell Shonn Greene and use Leon Washington as the 3rd down back[/QUOTE]

I don't give a fck about a contract. you wanna win, you need talent on the roster. bring in DMC and cut the fodder.

...effing contract, you gotta be kidding me..

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3506305]I don't give a fck about a contract. you wanna win, you need talent on the roster. bring in DMC and cut the fodder.

...effing contract, you gotta be kidding me..[/QUOTE]

Madden FTW!!!

[QUOTE=dassin;3506298][B][I]
    [SIZE="3"]"WHO YOU CALLING CRAZY?!?!?!"[/SIZE][/I][/B]

[IMG]http://trueslant.com/donovan/files/2010/01/aldavis.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

He's a scary ass looking dude :eek:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3506307]Madden FTW!!![/QUOTE]

Greene's incredible durability for the loss!

any minute now that Raider fool is going to come in here and tell us how much talent they have, how they are better than the Jets and going to make the playoffs.

Jets Insider VIP

Crazy Al Really is Crazy!!!

Crazy Al really is crazy!!!

Check this out, this is what Asomugha is due the next 3 weeks:

[SIZE="5"][B]March 5 -- $8 million roster bonus
    March 19--$7.83 million option bonus.[/B][/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/report_raiders_have_star_cb_on_market_AT8nAl0Z7tPwW08rvKz7wI"]Link[/URL]

The Raiders have to pay Aso $15.63 million in REAL MONEY by March 19.

Forget about trading him, the Raiders might have to cut him if they can't restructure.