Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Story: Asomugha on the block?

i thought we couldn't trade for top tier players either...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3506402]i thought we couldn't trade for top tier players either...[/QUOTE]

The Jets can trade for anybody.

They simply can't do sign-and-trades for players that are UFAs.

[QUOTE=SMC;3506350]Crazy Al really is crazy!!!

Check this out, this is what Asomugha is due the next 3 weeks:

[SIZE="5"][B]March 5 -- $8 million roster bonus
    March 19--$7.83 million option bonus.[/B][/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/report_raiders_have_star_cb_on_market_AT8nAl0Z7tPwW08rvKz7wI"]Link[/URL]

The Raiders have to pay Aso $15.63 million in REAL MONEY by March 19.

Forget about trading him, the Raiders might have to cut him if they can't restructure.[/QUOTE]

i find it unfathomable that he would have to be cut.. but that contract is very heavy and not a lot of teams would be willing to take that on.

if by some miracle he was released then you would have to believe the jets have an inside track to sign him considering his desire to play with revis.

Make it happen, pay what and do whatever is in your power to get this beast here, we can shore up the rest of the team with the LaBoys and Adaliuses of the world, make it happen forget the money, this guy is worth that and more, DO IT!!!

Imagine Revis on Welker and Asomogha on Moss... :rolleyes: We would lead the league in coverage sacks.:yes:

[SIZE=5][B]March 5 -- $8 million roster bonus

[URL="http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/report_raiders_have_star_cb_on_market_AT8nAl0Z7tPwW08rvKz7wI"]Link[/URL]

Forget about trading him, the Raiders might have to cut him if they can't restructure.[/QUOTE]

On March 20, the Raiders will be flooded with offers for him.

If this guy becomes a jet, I'll cry tears of joy. Tanny is working his ass off right now to sign him.

All League
    best CB tandem ever? we would make tom brady look like brooks bollinger 2 times a year :D

All League
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3506455]best CB tandem ever? we would make tom brady look like brooks bollinger 2 times a year :D[/QUOTE]

..... can you imagine!!!!! that would definitly put butts in those seats EVERY sunday... work your magic tanny!!! :yes:

[QUOTE=Paradis;3506290]McFadden. who we rightfully should have right now instead of Gholston if Davis had a ounce of sanity left.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....

That wold solve the Thomas Jones question, and he may be had for a decreased price. I dont get the impression he is high on the Raiders favorites list.

Sounds decent on the surface.... intresting.

All Pro
    Pipe..........

.......dream

[QUOTE=JerseyJet80;3506455][B]best CB tandem ever[/B]? we would make tom brady look like brooks bollinger 2 times a year :D[/QUOTE]

THIS.

Revis has the left side of the field, Aso the right.

[SIZE="5"][B]March 5 -- $8 million roster bonus

Only Al Davis could create his own self-inflicted poison pill. This would be a dream scenario. But wait...in this the year of no cap there should be no problem for the Raiders to pay bonuses like this - this year correct?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3506470]Pipe..........

.......dream[/QUOTE]

+1. Trading for him would take more than we would have to offer. People can write all the trade suggestions they want, but you have to look at it like this - would we do the same trade for Revis? If no, then why would the Raiders take it for their #1 DB?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

There is no chance of this happening. Ditto for McFadden.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3506268]that would certainly make a pass rushing DE less of a need :D[/QUOTE]

Wrong...Without a pass rush NFL receivers will eventually get open...What happens when teams go 3-4 wide?

Get a pass rush and 2 more CBs

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3506487]There is no chance of this happening. Ditto for McFadden.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If the entire team is actually on the block though, I would be thrilled if we could get Michael Bush for a reasonable price. Behind a fairly bad OL he's averaged 4.4 and 4.8 YPC, and he'd be the perfect compliment to Greene and Washington in the backfield.

All League
    I would like the Jets to acquire a stud CB via the draft or trade, but I don't know about spending too much $$ on another CB, when we have to re-sign Revis soon. Also, neglecting other needs such as DE, OLB and WR would be a mistake IMO.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3506487]. Ditto for McFadden.[/QUOTE]

Why? take away the "cause he's a big name we drafted" angle to it, and i ask why? What about the Raiders right now suggest they're depending on him, or lean on him, or would suffer tremendously from his departure.. Its a business.

Banned
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3506489]Wrong...Without a pass rush NFL receivers will eventually get open...What happens when teams go 3-4 wide?

Get a pass rush and 2 more CBs[/QUOTE]

+1

Our defense needs to be able to get a pass rush without always relying on the blitz. The Colts have like 4 receivers who can make plays - 5 if you count Anthony Gonzalez when he comes back.