Thread: DT/34 DE - Kade WESTON?

DT/34 DE - Kade WESTON?

This guy is 6'5 310 lbs. and isn't expected to get drafted. I think he is worth a 7th rd pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

lotta bark- little bite....

waited and waited and waited and waited to watch Weston break through....three years later still waiting....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3506664]lotta bark- little bite....

waited and waited and waited and waited to watch Weston break through....three years later still waiting....[/QUOTE]

I agree to a certain extent. He played behind two premier DTs in Owens and Atkins at Georgia, even though Owens was injured for most of 2008. Weston is a guy who at times looks dominant but then dissapears again depite his physical presence. I would have no problem though with adding such a massive body late and let Rex go to work with him. When he can do something with physically less impressive players (DeVito, Green etc) then a guy like Weston should give him even more to work with...

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3506708]I agree to a certain extent. He played behind two premier DTs in Owens and Atkins at Georgia, even though Owens was injured for most of 2008. Weston is a guy who at times looks dominant but then dissapears again depite his physical presence. I would have no problem though with adding such a massive body late and let Rex go to work with him. When he can do something with physically less impressive players (DeVito, Green etc) then a guy like Weston should give him even more to work with...[/QUOTE]

Owens was VERY good when healthy. UF would not/could not run up the middle on them even with the Pouncey's. Atkins started like gangbusters early in his career then leveled off. I've been an Owens fans though.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3507073]Owens was VERY good when healthy. UF would not/could not run up the middle on them even with the Pouncey's. Atkins started like gangbusters early in his career then leveled off. I've been an Owens fans though.[/QUOTE]

Owens going down in 2008 was one of the biggest reasons why Georgia underachieved. They had a great team that year but they lost their best linemen on offense and on defense and couldn't recover. He really was a big time run stuffer in college.