Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: DT/34 DE - Kade WESTON?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,837

    DT/34 DE - Kade WESTON?

    This guy is 6'5 310 lbs. and isn't expected to get drafted. I think he is worth a 7th rd pick.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    lotta bark- little bite....

    waited and waited and waited and waited to watch Weston break through....three years later still waiting....

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    lotta bark- little bite....

    waited and waited and waited and waited to watch Weston break through....three years later still waiting....
    I agree to a certain extent. He played behind two premier DTs in Owens and Atkins at Georgia, even though Owens was injured for most of 2008. Weston is a guy who at times looks dominant but then dissapears again depite his physical presence. I would have no problem though with adding such a massive body late and let Rex go to work with him. When he can do something with physically less impressive players (DeVito, Green etc) then a guy like Weston should give him even more to work with...

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I agree to a certain extent. He played behind two premier DTs in Owens and Atkins at Georgia, even though Owens was injured for most of 2008. Weston is a guy who at times looks dominant but then dissapears again depite his physical presence. I would have no problem though with adding such a massive body late and let Rex go to work with him. When he can do something with physically less impressive players (DeVito, Green etc) then a guy like Weston should give him even more to work with...
    Owens was VERY good when healthy. UF would not/could not run up the middle on them even with the Pouncey's. Atkins started like gangbusters early in his career then leveled off. I've been an Owens fans though.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Owens was VERY good when healthy. UF would not/could not run up the middle on them even with the Pouncey's. Atkins started like gangbusters early in his career then leveled off. I've been an Owens fans though.
    Owens going down in 2008 was one of the biggest reasons why Georgia underachieved. They had a great team that year but they lost their best linemen on offense and on defense and couldn't recover. He really was a big time run stuffer in college.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us