Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaMont Jordan available

LaMont Jordan available

[url]http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14458609[/url]

The Broncos' starting center the past two years, Wiegmann was released Tuesday, as was veteran running back LaMont Jordan.

[url]http://www.examiner.com/x-2549-Denver-Broncos-Examiner~y2010m2d23-Broncos-cut-Wiegmann-Jordan-final-assistant-hired[/url]
    Last edited by RexRutha; 02-24-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Hasn't been the same since he left the Jets... no thanks

Let me know when Johnny Hector is available.

... ahh, give the ole geezer a flyer ;) ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    I loved Lamont when he was here. but he is washed up.

Jets Insider VIP
    signing Lamont Jordan for NFL minimum gets us the same player as wasting a three million dollar roster bonus and a big salary on Thomas Two Yards does

Only if we can put CuMar ahead of hm on the depth chart and exclude him from the game plan every other week. Seemed to be the only thing motivating him.

I'd rather bring back Cedric Houston.

All League
    I was always a Jordan fan thought he ran with a lot of heart. I always wondered why we never ran a two back set with Curtis and LaMont it was allways one or the other. I thought he showed some break away speed for big back.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3506921]signing Lamont Jordan for NFL minimum gets us the same player as wasting a three million dollar roster bonus and a big salary on Thomas Two Yards does[/QUOTE]

You couldn't be more wrong.

I'm certainly not a TJ supporter, but he's head and shoulders above "Rides the Pine" LaMont. It's not even close.

Say what you want about TJ and his 2 yard runs, but at least he plays enough to compile stats. Jordan doesn't even sniff the field anymore.

[QUOTE=jets80;3507011]I was always a Jordan fan thought he ran with a lot of heart. I always wondered why we never ran a two back set with Curtis and LaMont it was allways one or the other. I thought he showed some break away speed for big back.[/QUOTE]

It's because Herm was hell bent on running Curtis into the ground, thus cutting his career a few years short, IMO

[QUOTE=sg3;3506921]signing Lamont Jordan for NFL minimum gets us the same player as wasting a three million dollar roster bonus and a big salary on Thomas Two Yards does[/QUOTE]

What on earth are you talking about? Jones averaged 4 yards a carry on the SEASON. My God, didn't you realize he was hurt at the end of the year? Some fans have no respect for the guys that perform well on the field and are important leaders in the locker room. Does he have to lead the league in rushing to earn your respect?

Jordan is nowhere near TJ's skills!!! Everyone is counting TJ out but when the 2010 season starts, he'll be ready. Thats what happens when no one thinks you can do it, you want prove them wrong. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Ship. Sailed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ToddtoBarkum1615;3507102]It's because Herm was hell bent on running Curtis into the ground, thus cutting his career a few years short, IMO[/QUOTE]

Not true the Compiler himself said he never wanted anyone else to get the ball..He cut his own career short in his stat quest..:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]signing Lamont Jordan for NFL minimum gets us the same player as wasting a three million dollar roster bonus and a big salary on Thomas Two Yards does[/QUOTE]

Guy, please think before you post so we dont have to read how lamont jordan(who had 86 yards rushing last year) is just as good as a 1300 yard 12 td back.

Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    both would be fine as a part time backup to the WAR MACHINE. Each can run for those same two yards per carry when needed. One costs us 3 million now and probably 10 million before September, the other costs us peanuts.

Welcome aboard, Lamont

s'long Thomas Two Yards

I was a huuuge fan of LaMont Jordan, I smiled when I saw that name cause I hadn't thought of the name in a long time. I always wondered why he wasn't used more.

I don't know about now though - seems pretty old, no? He'd cost next to nothing, which is probably one of the "pros" of the situation.

Like many of you, I hated that he wasn't used in a two-back set or in more creative ways. He was able to give a really pleasant surprise now and then. I wonder what he has left.