Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mosi Tatupu RIP.

[QUOTE=PETER PAT;3507694]My first game I ever went to as a kid I sat with Mosiís Mooses. I had no idea who he was, or why everyone around me would cheer the second he came into the game, but all the fans around me told me about him.

That was the same year the Pats made the SB. And even as a kid I remember him causing the fumble vs the Raiders and again vs the Dolphins on ST. He became one of my favorite all time Patriots.

RIP[/QUOTE]

I remember watching games and getting a real kick out of the announcers pronouncing his name. Like I said, i remember him as a SOLID player.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3507289]Stephens was Berry's first round pick in '88 and he stayed for three years. His and Mosi's last season with the Pats was '90. Stephens came out of nowhere in '88 and had a monster season. He never regained that magic for the rest of his career and he died young, 43 I think, in a car accident.[/QUOTE]
    Stephens looked like he was a sleeper Eric Dickerson; although he ran lower to the ground as I remember. I hated that he was on the Pats, but wow he was an animal. Jeff Fuller was no slouch, and that collision with Stephens...you could hear it through the TV it was so violent.

John Stephen's had that great rookie year, and really looked like he was going to be one of those big bruising backs, like Okoye. Than he had that collision with the Green Bay guy, and he never shook off the image of the guy being carried away on a stretcher from a collision he initiated.

He never ran the same again, and he quickly became very average and than out of the league. People forget he beat out Thurman Thomas as rookie of the year. His career was one of the great what could have beens.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=PETER PAT;3508020]John Stephen's had that great rookie year, and really looked like he was going to be one of those big bruising backs, like Okoye. Than he had that collision with the Green Bay guy, and he never shook off the image of the guy being carried away on a stretcher from a collision he initiated.

He never ran the same again, and he quickly became very average and than out of the league. People forget he beat out Thurman Thomas as rookie of the year. His career was one of the great what could have beens.[/QUOTE]

I assume this post is legit.

John Stevens never was the same after he ran over a defensive player, and had him carted off the field?:huh:

No offense, but sounds like a real Va-JayJay.

RIP Totupu