Thread: Database of Mock Draft Sites

Database of Mock Draft Sites

[url]http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm[/url]

I somehow navigated to this site while looking for mocks. It is a database of mock drafts and listed if they have been updated or not and when. I can't guarantee the legitimacy of them but it is nice to read so many different opinions.

My opinion:

1st Round
    DT/DE Dan Williams or Arthur Jones
    Get a big body to put on the defensive line. Groom a young DT by playing him as a DE and get him into the rotation. Similar to what Baltimore did with Ngata and Pittsburgh did last year with Hood. I think with added pressure from the defense the cornerbacks won't have to cover as long making their jobs easier.

2nd Round & 3rd Round
    Can be OLB or WR I'm not to sure on what prospects yet. If the talent is there in the early 2nd then I say the jets trade up to get their man. The Jets need someone to rush with a nonstop motor and actually want to kill the QB. Brandon Graham would be great but after the combine he won't get out of the first round. I also like Jordan Shipley in late round2 early round3. We have a #1 and #2 wide receiver for right now and I think Shipley has solid skills to play the slot. Now I like most people think that the slot is a dirty word and a place for "lesser" receivers, you could put a guy with good hands and instinct there who knows how to get open and will catch the ball like Welker does. I like the idea of Shipley in that position.

I know that I'm no expert, and obviously opinions will change after the combine, but let me know what you guys think.

[QUOTE=The Jets;3506889][url]http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm[/url]

I somehow navigated to this site while looking for mocks. It is a database of mock drafts and listed if they have been updated or not and when. I can't guarantee the legitimacy of them but it is nice to read so many different opinions.

My opinion:

1st Round
    DT/DE Dan Williams or Arthur Jones
    Get a big body to put on the defensive line. Groom a young DT by playing him as a DE and get him into the rotation. Similar to what Baltimore did with Ngata and Pittsburgh did last year with Hood. I think with added pressure from the defense the cornerbacks won't have to cover as long making their jobs easier.

2nd Round & 3rd Round
    Can be OLB or WR I'm not to sure on what prospects yet. If the talent is there in the early 2nd then I say the jets trade up to get their man. The Jets need someone to rush with a nonstop motor and actually want to kill the QB. Brandon Graham would be great but after the combine he won't get out of the first round. I also like Jordan Shipley in late round2 early round3. We have a #1 and #2 wide receiver for right now and I think Shipley has solid skills to play the slot. Now I like most people think that the slot is a dirty word and a place for "lesser" receivers, you could put a guy with good hands and instinct there who knows how to get open and will catch the ball like Welker does. I like the idea of Shipley in that position.

I know that I'm no expert, and obviously opinions will change after the combine, but let me know what you guys think.[/QUOTE]

Arthur Jones definately wont go in the first round and we dont have a 3rd round pick. With that said I think you hit on what a lot of people on this board want...a WR, a pass rush, and some young blood for the DL. I would also add CB to be among the major needs sicne Lito and such prob wont be back.

I think we have no 3rd rounder. I but I like the positions you are thinking for the most part. CB is the biggest need to me though.

But I like Dan Williams alot and think he would be a nice pickup in the first. CB in the 2nd if that is the case though.

Would like to trade back up into the 4th round (don't have the ammo to get into the 3rd) and grab a slot WR like Andre Roberts from Citadel.

OLB to me might not get addressed in the draft. We have Pace and Thomas. Laboy, if signed, would give us some situational pass rushing and Gholston needs one more year to see if he turns the corner. And don't sleep on Jamaal Westerman. We have more depth at OLB than ILB.

[QUOTE=intothegreen;3506928]Arthur Jones definately wont go in the first round and we dont have a 3rd round pick. With that said I think you hit on what a lot of people on this board want...a WR, a pass rush, and some young blood for the DL. I would also add CB to be among the major needs sicne Lito and such prob wont be back.[/QUOTE]

My bad i thought it was a 4th and 5th we didn't have so it must be a 3rd and 4th that we don't have. From what I've heard if it wasn't for injury Jones would have been a top 15 pick so I figured the combine would jump him closer to round 1. Maybe if Williams is gone trade back and take Jones in the 2nd and try to get a few extra picks.

[QUOTE=jetsfaneh;3506931]
    OLB to me might not get addressed in the draft. We have Pace and Thomas. Laboy, if signed, would give us some situational pass rushing and Gholston needs one more year to see if he turns the corner. And don't sleep on Jamaal Westerman. We have more depth at OLB than ILB.[/QUOTE]

After hearing that I agree with you. We haven't seen that much of Westerman and the position is also tied up with "development" of Gholston for at least one more year.

I would definitely go WR in the 2nd then. I think WR talent is deep in this draft and a lot will slide into the 2nd. So lock up a big DT/DE first then go WR.