Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats sign David Patten

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Pats sign David Patten

UH Oh. Gap is closing.

[URL="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-England-Patriots-bring-back-WR-David-Patten-022410"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-England-Patriots-bring-back-WR-David-Patten-022410[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The gap is closing

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome David Patten to the Belichick Home for the Aged and Declining. You'll enjoy the facilities especially all those old defensive signal videos...

Meet your new residents, Patten

Seau, Moss, Brady, Morris, Taylor, Faulk and the whole gang of geezers

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm not trying to be a wise guy but I seriously thought he retired at least 3 years ago

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think he makes final roster. Insurance signing and mentor ala Seau. Could be used late in season if any injuries to WR corps deplete it. Knows Brady and system. I'd be more interested in what Tate brings to the WR position than Patten.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3507257]Don't think he makes final roster. Insurance signing and mentor ala Seau. Could be used late in season if any injuries to WR corps deplete it. Knows Brady and system. I'd be more interested in what Tate brings to the WR position than Patten.[/QUOTE]

Why try and justify the signing?

Why not just say it for what it is? Crap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3507259]Why try and justify the signing?

Why not just say it for what it is? Crap.[/QUOTE]

Right. It's not like he's some Folk or Turkovich.:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3507262]Right. It's not like he's some Folk or Turkovich.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Other than sarcasm, when did I not say Folk was a sh!t signing :rolleyes:

Don't bring the Jets into this anyway. The signing is worthless, I simply asked him to acknowledge it instead of saying it had some 'big picture' merit behind it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3507264]Other than sarcasm, when did I not say Folk was a sh!t signing :rolleyes:

Don't bring the Jets into this anyway. The signing is worthless, I simply asked him to acknowledge it instead of saying it had some 'big picture' merit behind it.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's crap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3507264]Other than sarcasm, when did I not say Folk was a sh!t signing :rolleyes:

Don't bring the Jets into this anyway. The signing is worthless, I simply asked him to acknowledge it instead of saying it had some 'big picture' merit behind it.[/QUOTE]

What part of "he doesn't make the final roster" didn't you understand?:rolleyes:

I know, EVERY Jet signing is a future All Pro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jokes are fair. My first thought when I heard about the signing was, how long before we here that David Givens and Troy Brown have been resigned. Hey they're putting the band back together. :D

But seriously, the last time Patten had a legitimate season was in 2007 with 54 catches. Still, with Welker likely on the bench until mid season and Edelman (a good prospect, but still a position project) Sam Aiken, and Issaih Stanback (another QB to WR project) next on the depth chard, don't be surprised if Givens is just the first of several off season vet WR signings

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patten still plays?

For a team that does nothing but throw the ball, you'd think they would look to add another WR who is actually capable.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3507317]Patten still plays?

For a team that does nothing but throw the ball, you'd think they would look to add another WR who is actually capable.[/QUOTE]

I'm just guessing, but it's probably not their last off-season move.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3507320]I'm just guessing, but it's probably not their last off-season move.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it isn't. But doesn't this signing just seem like a complete waste of time?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3507323]I'm sure it isn't. But doesn't this signing just seem like a complete waste of time?[/QUOTE]

:yes:

What is BB thinking?:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! You can throw me in the boat with everyone else because I thought Patten had retired already. NE is running the all geritol team, LOL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3507200]UH Oh. Gap is closing.

[URL="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-England-Patriots-bring-back-WR-David-Patten-022410"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-England-Patriots-bring-back-WR-David-Patten-022410[/URL][/QUOTE]

I here the pats are installing a shuffleboard court on the sideline.

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is everyone making fun of the Pats for signing camp fodder? I'm pretty sure every team signs people that they don't expect to make the team

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3507313]how long before we hear that Troy Brown has been resigned. Hey they're putting the band back together. :D
    [/QUOTE]
    Troy Brown; what an NFL player! ....he was Mr. Everything in college too; his interception capped the Marshall Thundering Herd's 1992 1-AA national championship, coached by Jim Donnan...(Youngstown State was coached by Jim Tressel). I was at the game; there was a huge celebration that night in Huntington, WV 22 years after the plane crash!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6foOgkcysXk[/url]
    Last edited by gcherd; 02-24-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say, I thought he retired too.....lol