Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Another Cromartie Thread (This time featuring article)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Cromartie Thread (This time featuring article)

[URL="http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/cornerback_cromartie_wants_to_play_JCY0oODzwIyfdiHbv7dypK"]http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/cornerback_cromartie_wants_to_play_JCY0oODzwIyfdiHbv7dypK[/URL]

Not the biggest fan after his weak play against us, but I have to think he's better than Sheppard and more realistic than Namdi.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan of Cromartie and in terms of coverage skills I think he is vastly overrated, too. He is a very good playmaker aided by him jumping a lot of routes and taking tons of chances. I'm not sure if we want a hit or miss player next to Revis who has the potential to give up many big plays due to his own style of play. A playmaker of course sounds enticing but in the end, I rather have a good cover guy who won't get beaten that badly when our pass rush isn't getting there in the first couple of seconds...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would prefer Nnamdi but like you said that is probably a pipe dream. It's nice to see Cromartie wanting to play for a team like the Jets but I don't think he is physical enough. He is very athletic and has a great nose for the ball but he absolutely sucks as tackling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ovverrated much like basically everyone else on the Chargers..Mnambi or bust.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't see us trading for another CB after failing with Lito. Unless it's someone at the level of Aso or something. It's going to be either draft or a cut player.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd have a hard time accepting a player like Cro who came up so small against us in big spots, but the reality is is that the guy is talented.

This is one of the situations where I'll trust the FO/CS. If they think that he could work out and make a deal for him, I'll go with them. If they kick the tires and decline, fine with that too.

Assuming Sheppard is gone, #2 CB has to be addressed though.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cromartie would love it here in New York. Think of all the hot dresses he could get for himself being so close to the fashion district.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3507854]Cromartie would love it here in New York. Think of all the hot dresses he could get for himself being so close to the fashion district.[/QUOTE]

lol nice!

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a Cro fan. One of the biggest things Rex's CBs need is sound tackling, because they're frequently in 1 on 1 situations, and a missed tackle can lead to a score. (like Lee Evans in our first game against them) He's talented but he takes too many chances and makes stupid mistakes, which isn't what we want

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    see, picking up a guy like Cromartie would mean that we would need a much better cover safety than Rhodes is. it's the domino effect.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Biggest ***** in the NFL. Do not want.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I would trade TJ for Cromartie straight up in a heartbeat. Don't know if Sd would go for that though.