Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chauncey Washington

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;3509679]My Packer buddy lives in LA and drinks too much. His memory of Chauncey's college days seems accurate enough- self-entitled underacheiver who benefited from a pro offensive line in college. No way he beats out Woodhead, who is Tanny's fave for the job.[/QUOTE]
    I am inclined to agree with the position that waiting for a "bad character" guy to turn it around is almost always a losing proposition but it sounds to me that he is a completely different physical package than Woodhead and really is not in competition with him at all. Now that Jones is probably moving out we will be light on beef.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only difference between Washington and Woodhead is that Washington has the potential to be an NFL running back

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3509845]the only difference between Washington and Woodhead is that Washington has the potential to be an NFL running back[/QUOTE]

While I may agree, Tanny seems to have a serious hard-on for Woodhead (no pun intended).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy might turn out to be a good pro but based on the highlights he doesn't look like a 4.35 guy or even close to it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pat Kirwan on Sirius today said he knew Chauncey very well.

He didn't sound enthused at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Draft a RB. Washington can be the 4th RB unless he beats out the other guy for the 3rd guy. It's not that big a deal behind our OL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80a5b16e/Pre-WK-4-Chauncey-Washington-highlights[/url]

Chauncey looks like he has potential. He is powerful for a 220 lbs RB.

I still think we should (and will) go after a RB in the draft. I'm on the Blount train! :fumer:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MileHiJetMan;3510588]Pat Kirwan on Sirius today said he knew Chauncey very well.

He didn't sound enthused at all.[/QUOTE]

in reality, Jet fans knew Pat Kirwan very well during his years of employment by the team

Speaking for myself, I too wasn't enthused (sic) at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3510651]in reality, Jet fans knew Pat Kirwan very well during his years of employment by the team

Speaking for myself, I too wasn't enthused (sic) at all.[/QUOTE]

was he the genius behind the ron farout and mike haight picks?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;3510938]was he the genius behind the ron farout and mike haight picks?[/QUOTE]

No. That was Mike Hickey.

Kirwan was mid early to mid 90s

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTJetsFanII;3509052][URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/584661?tag=untagged[/URL]

At age nine, Washington woke up one morning to find he could not move his legs. The paralysis lasted for more than a week before it just as mysteriously disappeared. "They still haven't figured out what it was," the running back recalls. "After seven days, I got the feeling back in my legs. It was painful, but I started gaining strength. Next thing I know, I started to walk again. Once I got out of the hospital, I started running faster. For some reason, I felt fast. ...[/QUOTE]

holy crap he's Forrest Gump!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/ani113.gif[/url]

looks somewhat out of shape to me

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBarrett=all<3;3510967][url]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/ani113.gif[/url]

looks somewhat out of shape to me[/QUOTE]

well played.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

dont forget Chauncey

To me, fans I know say draft a RB in the later rounds..mY thinking is Why? we already have Chauncey, are we seriously going to find someone in the later rounds with NFL game experience, talent as this guy? RB's are a dime a dozen, I'd rather roll the dice on finding a sleeper DE or CB/WR in those later rounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=seventhirty;3527510]To me, fans I know say draft a RB in the later rounds..mY thinking is Why? we already have Chauncey, are we seriously going to find someone in the later rounds with NFL game experience, talent as this guy? RB's are a dime a dozen, I'd rather roll the dice on finding a sleeper DE or CB/WR in those later rounds.[/QUOTE]
    Good running backs often drop inexplicably. Take Shonn Greene as a perfect example. If our draft board has a guy rated as a top two the three rounder and he is still available in the later rounds then we have to go with our board and scoop him up. This front office has been well served by having faith in it's own research.

Obviously if they feel Washington is a stud then between Washington, Washington, Greene, LT and Woodhead the roster is looking crowded.

We are in a bit of a tight spot here because Leon is coming back from a hellacious injury, LT might be shot and Greene has been a little fragile. If the injury bug does not go our way we might be very thin at RB indeed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll probably carry 4 runningbacks: 3 HB's (Green, Tomlinson, Leon) and a FB (hopefully Tony Richardson). Chauncey can be stashed on the practice squad, if another team picks him up, no big loss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think that Leon is not going to be here next year. I think he will be traded. The jets may like Chauncey enough or they may draft another RB.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response guys, in my opinion getting another RB in the 3rd nonetheless is not wise. Let's say

1.TJ doesnt get traded [B]AND[/B] 2. Leon comes back

So our depth chart looks like this.
    Greene
    Jones
    Washington

Do we still draft a RB? I'd think not, maybe I'm wrong?

So the only variable here that has changed is LT for TJ, why draft a RB in the 3rd now?

And if you're going to use a 5th, 6th, etc on a player why not use it at another position of need? DE etc? if its true that good running backs fall then some will fall into the Undrafted pool.

*Whatever is gonna happen with Leon is gonna happen regardless of TJ or LT and should be deemed irrelevant until he either leaves or doesn't make it back. If he leaves before the draft then yes we need a RB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=seventhirty;3527565]Thanks for the response guys, in my opinion getting another RB in the 3rd nonetheless is not wise. Let's say

Greene
    Jones
    Washington

So the only variable here that has changed is LT for TJ, why draft a RB in the 3rd now?

And if you're going to use a 5th, 6th, etc on a player why not use it at another position of need? DE etc? if its true that good running backs fall then some will fall into the Undrafted pool.

*Whatever is gonna happen with Leon is gonna happen regardless of TJ or LT and should be deemed irrelevant until he either leaves or doesn't make it back. If he leaves before the draft then yes we need a RB.[/QUOTE]

draft 6 FS's and one will pan out!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=seventhirty;3527565]Thanks for the response guys, in my opinion getting another RB in the 3rd nonetheless is not wise. Let's say

Greene
    Jones
    Washington

*Whatever is gonna happen with Leon is gonna happen regardless of TJ or LT and should be deemed irrelevant until he either leaves or doesn't make it back. If he leaves before the draft then yes we need a RB.[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you right now, the answer is "If Shonn Greene gets hurt, TJ could come in and be the primary back -- LT and Leon can't do that"

Personally, I don't agree, but I guess we have different memories of what TJ brought to the table last year (I liked the guy, but didn't feel he was our "difference maker")

As stated before, if someone drops to us as an ABSOLUTE STEAL, we should grab him. Otherwise, we have an OL that can make A LOT of RBs look good, and don't necessarily have to waste a draft pick getting one.