Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chauncey Washington

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tony montana;3527574]draft 6 FS's and one will pan out![/QUOTE]

They did that from '04-'06 by drafting 5 safties in 3 years with :

'04 Erik Coleman (5th) & Rashad Washington (7th)
    '05 Kerry Rhodes (4th) & Andre MAddox (5th)
    '06 Eric Smith (3rd)

......and we STILL need a safety :(

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so here's my opinion of Chauncey Washington after watching some of those highlights. Might be a serviceable cog in a three back rotation, much like what the Giants did with Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw. He'll never be one of the top two guys though.

He may have run a 4.35 40 at some point but it takes him too long to get to top speed, and being a big back with an upright running style in the NFL means a lot of hits at or behind the line of scrimmage. He may be hard to bring down but he's just not elusive enough to have a high YPC average if he's one of the primary backs.

He'll be a good sub once the defense is tired and worn out and may break off some big runs. I'll compare him to TJ - if CW were the feature back he'd be much less productive than TJ but he's capable of much more explosive plays than TJ if used in the right situations.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gas2No99;3527588]They did that from '04-'06 by drafting 5 safties in 3 years with :

'04 Erik Coleman (5th) & Rashad Washington (7th)
    '05 Kerry Rhodes (4th) & Andre MAddox (5th)
    '06 Eric Smith (3rd)

......and we STILL need a safety :([/QUOTE]

We only need a safety b/c our safety of the future turned into such a prima donna.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3527583]I'll tell you right now, the answer is "If Shonn Greene gets hurt, TJ could come in and be the primary back -- LT and Leon can't do that"

Personally, I don't agree, but I guess we have different memories of what TJ brought to the table last year (I liked the guy, but didn't feel he was our "difference maker")

As stated before, if someone drops to us as an ABSOLUTE STEAL, we should grab him. Otherwise, we have an OL that can make A LOT of RBs look good, and don't necessarily have to waste a draft pick getting one.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think we signed LT as he provides Mark with more options as a 3rd down back than Jones would have filled in a "primary running back after Green injury" role.

I mean once you saw TJ back there the D knew it was run and run only.

It's a calculated risk by Tanny. He chose Green staying healthy with LW/LT runs/checkdowns/screens possible [B]over[/B] Green gets injured so we'll need TJ to line up and run 300 times into the pile.

Only time will tell if he chose right.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teng;3527593]Okay, so here's my opinion of Chauncey Washington after watching some of those highlights. Might be a serviceable cog in a three back rotation, much like what the Giants did with [B]Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw[/B]. He'll never be one of the top two guys though.

[B]He'll be a good sub once the defense is tired and worn out and may break off some big runs.[/B] I'll compare him to TJ - if CW were the feature back he'd be much less productive than TJ but he's capable of much more explosive plays than TJ if used in the right situations.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly, If Shonn is now gonna become "Ground" then Washington can become "Pound"..Leon can just be fireworks:)(hopefully)

I think our offensive line can make most RB's look stellar..we have become Denver East

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RIJetFan;3510516]This guy might turn out to be a good pro but based on the highlights he doesn't look like a [B]4.35 guy or even close to it[/B].[/QUOTE]
    yeah im not buying the [B]4.35 [/B]stuff either..