Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott: Adalius Thomas wants to be a Jet

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3511010]Wonder what would happen to BT if they signed him?[/QUOTE]

Nothing. AD would be a situational player.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=dassin;3511056]Ugh...

Pace just learned Ryan's system and missed the first 4 games showing he isn't the greatest role model.

Bryan Thomas -- really?

Bart Scott is an ILB.[/QUOTE]
    Gholston is dogsh1t under anyone's system.

[QUOTE=Peebag;3511043]So what's the deal with him and the Pats? C'mon trolls pipe in.[/QUOTE]

He's been a bust, a much heralded FA signing who has steadily gone downhill in production since day 1. He's been characterized as a selfish, clubhouse lawyer-type and a malcontent who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. He will not be missed.

The Jets can have him, yet I think it's doubtful that Belli will just cut him and let him walk to a division competitor with nothing in return. If he is cut, expect it to be very late pre-season at best.

Hall Of Fame
    It would not be a big contract and we could use LB depth. He seems big enough to me that he could be used at end for some plays if we switch to a 4-3 as a curve ball.

Bottom line - less than exciting - is this wasting a free-agent space considering the restrictions we're operating under?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=EM31;3511068]Gholston is dogsh1t under anyone's system.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, +1

If you're a fan on facebook you should check out the video of him on that ESPN show with Cowherd. It was cool, plus taking shots at Belichick and the Pats saying that players want to play for the Jets and the ship has passed on the Pats.

[QUOTE=Jetsound;3511070]It would not be a big contract and we could use LB depth. He seems big enough to me that he could be used at end for some plays if we switch to a 4-3 as a curve ball.

Bottom line - less than exciting - is this wasting a free-agent space considering the restrictions we're operating under?[/QUOTE]

Won't be using FA space. He woould be a cut player not an UFA

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3511029]BT does a good job sealing the edge against the run. He's not a great pass-rusher though.
    [/QUOTE]

i know that's the book on bryan thomas but he had 2 excellent sacks against the bengals, 1 in each game. they aren't rushing him as much as they make him cover... hes underrated.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3511069]He's been a bust, a much heralded FA signing who has steadily gone downhill in production since day 1. He's been characterized as a selfish, clubhouse lawyer-type and a malcontent who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. He will not be missed.

The Jets can have him, yet I think it's doubtful that Belli will just cut him and let him walk to a division competitor with nothing in return. If he is cut, expect it to be very late pre-season at best.[/QUOTE]

Don't wory we have a coach who will know how to use him:yes:

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3511069]He's been a bust, a much heralded FA signing who has steadily gone downhill in production since day 1. He's been characterized as a selfish, clubhouse lawyer-type and a malcontent who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. He will not be missed.

The Jets can have him, yet I think it's doubtful that Belli will just cut him and let him walk to a division competitor with nothing in return. If he is cut, expect it to be very late pre-season at best.[/QUOTE]

Bellichick would love to get something in return for Thomas of course, but I donít think he will be able to. Not even for a conditional pick. Thomas still has a hefty contract the team he is traded to would have to assume. He is an older player who has severly declining production. No GM in the league will pay him now.

As far as holding him to the final cut, that might be a tactic the Pats will employ. I donít see why it would hurt his value to the Jets. He knows Rexís system, he knows Rex very well. He wonít be asked to do much except put pain on Brady.

I think he still has enough gas in his tank to do that.

With that said, I think Bellichick will let him go Friday. He has enough problems right now without having a vocal malcontent with him through all of camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    bring him in

send Gholston out

[QUOTE=bitonti;3511080]i know that's the book on bryan thomas but he had 2 excellent sacks against the bengals, 1 in each game. they aren't rushing him as much as they make him cover... hes underrated.[/QUOTE]

I agree

BTís a very underrated player. He just doesnít put the flashy numbers up.

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3511087]Don't wory we have a coach who will know how to use him:yes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I see what his fatness' greatness has done to develop that young beast, Gholston.:yes: The man's a farking GENIUS.

apparently rex can take bellichicken type players and turn them into the no. 1 defense in one year. mangini tried for 3 seasons to make this defense even better than herm's and couldn't. can't say for sure but it certainly seems that way.

if thomas comes in fit and cheap then the jets ought to go for him. i suspect he'll have at least two motivating games each season.

Adalius Thomas has played many positions and was a beast in Rex's system. He wasn't ever the same player under Belichick. I would make Thomas and Thomas compete for the starting job. Plus Adalius would give us LB depth as a whole so when a guy like Harris goes down we won't have Larry Izzo or Ryan Fowlers stepping in.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3511099]Yeah...I see what his fatness' greatness has done to develop that young beast, Gholston.:yes: The man's a farking GENIUS.[/QUOTE]

If there's no chance of Rex making something of AD, why would the Pats try to keep the Jets from getting ahold of him?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3511099]Yeah...I see what his fatness' greatness has done to develop that young beast, Gholston.:yes: The man's a farking GENIUS.[/QUOTE]

THIS:

Trolling

Starting threads with the sole purpose of eliciting a negative response from a poster or a group of posters is not allowed. Fans from other teams are obviously welcomed as valued members of our community. Users that participate on the board with the sole purpose of eliciting negative responses from the community will be dealt with accordingly.

WTF has Belicheck done since being caught cheating? You dumb f*ck.

Here's the difference between AD playing with the Pats or the Jets

Pats LBs- AD, Mayo & ????????????????????

Jets- AD, Harris, Scott, Pace, BT, Westerman! LOL!
    I don't think Rex will be asking anything of AD except:
    "See Patriots, KILL PATRIOTS!"

[QUOTE=sg3;3511140]THIS:

Trolling

Starting threads with the sole purpose of eliciting a negative response from a poster or a group of posters is not allowed. Fans from other teams are obviously welcomed as valued members of our community. Users that participate on the board with the sole purpose of eliciting negative responses from the community will be dealt with accordingly.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Skippy (angry old man) you already quoted me the TOS is another thread. Don't derail this one too. Your fellow Jets Fans have already called you a doosh for doing so, therefore I need not throw fuel on the fire.

And again...didn't start the thread so your point is what?