Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott: Adalius Thomas wants to be a Jet

[QUOTE=Sparky24;3511154]WTF has Belicheck done since being caught cheating? You dumb f*ck.[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing, he crushed every single opponent (except us) on his way to an 18-1 season.

[QUOTE=Sparky24;3511154]WTF has Belicheck done since being caught cheating? You dumb f*ck.[/QUOTE]

Typical idiotic post from another homer with Pat's envy.

[QUOTE=jetster;3511169]Here's the difference between AD playing with the Pats or the Jets

Pats LBs- AD, Mayo & ????????????????????

Jets- AD, Harris, Scott, Pace, BT, Westerman! LOL!
    I don't think Rex will be asking anything of AD except:
    "See Patriots, KILL PATRIOTS!"[/QUOTE]

Valid point, but I still think AD is no longer the player he was when he played for Rex in Baltimore. Of course, you don't need him to be a huge stud, so maybe it is a decent fit if he can be had on the cheap.

Relax Sparky :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3511187]Right. Apparently Sparky missed this:
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he still mumbles and is a terrible dresser.

(actually, I've never heard him mumble, but I'll still run with it. The bad dresser part is true though).

[QUOTE=crasherino;3511190]Yeah, but he still mumbles and is a terrible dresser.

(actually, I've never heard him mumble, but I'll still run with it. The bad dresser part is true though).[/QUOTE]

Yup, not only mumbles, but he grunts, snorts, and hocks up a lugey every minute or so when giving his post game interviews. His pressers are legendary.

Banned
    I have to admit that Thomas has been a big disappointment for Pats. He'd be a decent depth signing for some team for the right money. Pats need locker room leadership. Malcontents not welcome.

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3511080]i know that's the book on bryan thomas but he had 2 excellent sacks against the bengals, 1 in each game. they aren't rushing him as much as they make him cover... hes underrated.[/QUOTE]
    i don't think he's underrated. he's about what we see in him: a mediocre pass rusher who is good against the run. adalius thomas would be a situational guy and a good move i think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Would definitely like to sign him. He was playing ILB almost exclusively with the Pats, put him back at OLB as a situational pass-rusher.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3511369]Would definitely like to sign him. He was playing ILB almost exclusively with the Pats, put him back at OLB as a situational pass-rusher.[/QUOTE]

Thatís most likely exactly what they will do, but an added attraction to signing him is he would be an excellent back up for both spots. That alone makes it a good signing.

Who backs up Harris and Scott Now?

I don't see how anyone could not want AT here. He loves Rex, Rex loves him, and he knows Rex's system. He could be a very, very valuable reserve at OLB [I]and[/I] ILB. 10x better than Ryan Fowler or Vernon Gholston coming in if an injury takes place.

Jets Insider VIP
    Faux Jet 07
    This message is hidden because Faux Jet 07 is on your ignore list.

s'long troll

[QUOTE=dassin;3511056]Ugh...

Pace just learned Ryan's system and missed the first 4 games showing he isn't the greatest role model.

Bryan Thomas -- really?

Bart Scott is an ILB.[/QUOTE]

They are still veterans. You are making A. Thomas out to be all world. Yeah, Pace is getting in trouble all over the place.

I said Scott was a veteran LB. Scott still knows the defense and how to play. And all this Gholston needs a veteran stuff is BS...He worked with LT and Chuck Smith....Gholston just needs to step up and do something.

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;3511440]Faux Jet 07
    This message is hidden because Faux Jet 07 is on your ignore list.

s'long troll[/QUOTE]

He'll have trouble sleeping tonight with that devastating news.

All League
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3511369]Would definitely like to sign him. He was playing ILB almost exclusively with the Pats, put him back at OLB as a situational pass-rusher.[/QUOTE]

This is what frustrated me with how BB used him. AD still may have been a bust for NE but they didn't use him enough in the very role that he excelled at w/ Baltimore. He would be a stud on the Jets.

All League
    sign him cheap

We need to concentrate on trading for a #1 CB. If Thomas gets cut we can think about it then.

[QUOTE=sg3;3511140]THIS:

Trolling

Starting threads with the sole purpose of eliciting a negative response from a poster or a group of posters is not allowed. [B]Fans from other teams[/B] are obviously welcomed as valued members of our community. Users that participate on the board with the sole purpose of eliciting negative responses from the community will be dealt with accordingly.[/QUOTE]

They get by on a technicality, they aren't fans of any team. No fan of another team would spend countless hours on a rival's board. They would want to discuss with other fans from their favorite team relevant issues affecting their team.

These posters are not fans, just ignorant attention mongers.:yes:

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3511202]I have to admit that Thomas has been a big disappointment for Pats. He'd be a decent depth signing for some team for the right money. Pats need locker room leadership. Malcontents not welcome.[/QUOTE]

Better coaching, and a return to Rex Ryan will restore his career. He's not a fit in Belischmuck's system.

I could see the Jets bringing him in as a situational pass rusher and depth at OLB, not to mention ST's.

Thomas would be an Izzo replacement on the roster and great depth and talent as a situational pass rusher.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He will be 33 in July, I don't think he is a head hunter on ST, Rex has got to listen to his people around him on this one, not his heart.

My experience in sports is that it almost always works out when you add players who just want to be on the team. In this case, it wouldn't be about money.

I remember when THomas was talking about wanting to have fun again and I knew he was referring to coming to the Jets.

He's getting older, but it's not the finished age. He also has some weight to lose. Much like Michael Strahan, he can reinvent himself a bit and that he can definitely give him a couple of high level years. He also hates the Pats now which fits.

The only issue is that Bryan Thomas essentially plays his position. BT isn't an awful player and that could be a tough deal moving them both in there.

Adding a Thomas would certainly help our depth in a big way though.