Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bart Scott: Adalius Thomas wants to be a Jet

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3511757]My experience in sports is that it almost always works out when you add players who just want to be on the team. In this case, it wouldn't be about money.

I remember when THomas was talking about wanting to have fun again and I knew he was referring to coming to the Jets.

He's getting older, but it's not the finished age. He also has some weight to lose. Much like Michael Strahan, he can reinvent himself a bit and that he can definitely give him a couple of high level years. He also hates the Pats now which fits.

The only issue is that Bryan Thomas essentially plays his position. BT isn't an awful player and that could be a tough deal moving them both in there.

Adding a Thomas would certainly help our depth in a big way though.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said until Bryant Thomas. B Thomas is a good player. He is very good against the rush, is very good in coverage, which allows Rex to bring some of those blitzes, and can bring a little heat on the QB. Has a lot of pressures, and few sacks. He deserves to be starting, and at this point of their careers is a better player then AD.

A Thomas would come here as a situational player. Also he would be able to back up both ILB and OLB. That alone would be a reason to bring him in. He will also be able to rush the passer. Spell B Thomas on certain passing downs.

All Pro
    have we ever considered moving bryan thomas inside? obviously he wouldn't start over harris or scott, but he might be a great backup lb that could play virtually all the lb positions...

Jets Insider VIP
    IMO AT would be a decent one year contract pickup if the Pattycakes release him. He was a very effective backer with the Ravens. It's not his fault that he has gotten crappy coaching the last couple of seasons

I think Rex and Petine can restore his play back to NFL quality levels

[QUOTE=sg3;3511835]IMO AT would be a decent one year contract pickup if the Pattycakes release him. He was a very effective backer with the Ravens. It's not his fault that he has gotten crappy coaching the last couple of seasons

I think Rex and Petine can restore his play back to NFL quality levels[/QUOTE]

Crappy attitude and work ethic has indone Adalius in New England, not coaching.

And he's known as AD ([B]AD[/B]alius) not AT.

Lastly, although I have no doubts he'd like to be reuinited with Wrecks, people are crazy if they think he'll except a cheap, short-term deal or be happy with a part time situational role.
    Last edited by Vinny Patrollie; 03-03-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Vinny Patrollie
    This message is hidden because Vinny Patrollie is on your ignore list.

[QUOTE=sg3;3511861]Vinny Patrollie
    This message is hidden because Vinny Patrollie is on your ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Another terrific contribution there Skippy.

Are you 70 going on 12 years old?

All League

What's next? Plugging your wax encrusted ears with your fingers and chanting "la, la, la, la...I can't hear you". :maggie:

I think AD/AT, whatever, WOULD take a discount to play with Rex and Bart once again. The dude at this point in his career is a part time starter, full time back-up at both Outside and Inside Linebacker. He could be the #1 reserve to the starting four of Pace-Harris-Scott-Thomas, and if he is able to out play Thomas, maybe he can supplant him as the starter. First things first, lets watch him get cut and lets watch us sign him.

Rex thinks the world of this guy, and I'm sure AD/AT is aware of that. He will be a Jet or Raven if released.

[QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3511908]I think AD/AT, whatever, WOULD take a discount to play with Rex and Bart once again. The dude at this point in his career is a part time starter, full time back-up at both Outside and Inside Linebacker. He could be the #1 reserve to the starting four of Pace-Harris-Scott-Thomas, and if he is able to out play Thomas, maybe he can supplant him as the starter. First things first, lets watch him get cut and lets watch us sign him.

Rex thinks the world of this guy, and I'm sure AD/AT is aware of that. He will be a Jet or Raven if released.[/QUOTE]

I've said it before so I'll say it again. There is no reason for BB to cut AD early in the process. With no cap, he can string him along in an attempt to trade him out of the AFC or at least out of the division. Even though his final year contract cost is high, some team out there may trade for him for a 6 or 7 draft pick and negotiate a more favorable extention.

I like your list, any chance I could get on it?

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3511859]Crappy attitude and work ethic has indone Adalius in New England, not coaching.

Lastly, although I have no doubts he'd like to be reuinited with Wrecks, people are crazy if they think he'll except a cheap, short-term deal or be happy with a part time situational role.[/QUOTE]

Belichick didn't use him right, then he alienated him this past year. Belichick was lost in how to use Thomas.

Thomas will be a Jet the day after the Pats cut him, if they do. Sure, Thomas is now 32, but in Rex' system, he will excel as a situational pass rusher, and Rex will know how to use him. He also becomes a key ST's player, he could replace Izzo on the roster, and the Jets would still have their young players in Westerman they are high on waiting in the wings.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3511859]Crappy attitude and work ethic has indone Adalius in New England, not coaching.

Lastly, although I have no doubts he'd like to be reuinited with Wrecks, [B]people are crazy if they think he'll except a cheap, short-term deal or be happy with a part time situational role.[/B][/QUOTE]

i'll counter this with: AD is the one that's crazy if he would expect anything more than that if he were to come to the jets. his decision. we don't need him, but he's welcome to join the team for a bargain and part time role.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3511916]I've said it before so I'll say it again. There is no reason for BB to cut AD early in the process. With no cap, he can string him along in an attempt to trade him out of the AFC or at least out of the division. Even though his final year contract cost is high, some team out there may trade for him for a 6 or 7 draft pick and negotiate a more favorable extention.[/QUOTE]

ESPN should hire since you have all the inside information. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3511916]I've said it before so I'll say it again. There is no reason for BB to cut AD early in the process. With no cap, he can string him along in an attempt to trade him out of the AFC or at least out of the division. Even though his final year contract cost is high, some team out there may trade for him for a 6 or 7 draft pick and negotiate a more favorable extention.[/QUOTE]

why would anyone even consider trading for him if he's as bad as you guys are making it seem?

All League
    [url]http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx[/url]

per roto:

Adalius Thomas-LB-Patriots Mar. 15 - 9:30 pm et

[B]Patriots OLB Adalius Thomas disputes ex-teammate Bart Scott's assertion that Thomas wants to play for the Jets.[/B]

"Thatís not what was said," Thomas stated. "I have never told anyone that I wanted to leave and go play for the Jets. Iím still a Patriot unless you know something I donít." Thomas isn't due any roster bonuses, so New England is hanging onto his rights for the moment. He'll be on the trade block in April.
    Source: Boston Herald

All League
    As much as I liked the Scott acquisition, the guy is a yapper who can make himself look stupid at times. He did it during the season and now takes over Rhodes's spot on the team for spotlight hog.