Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dansby to Miami (merged)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Dansby to Miami (merged)

Will be done tomorrow. No link but its going to happen. Nice pick up for them.

.....dump?

that would suck. Dansby a good player. Are the Cards just cleaning house?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;3513704]that would suck. Dansby a good player. Are the Cards just cleaning house?[/QUOTE]

He's an UFA.

All League
    I like how blatant teams are in contacting players prior to free agency.

All League
    ****ing fins

All Pro
    I read & heard where they are front runner where is your source if this is a done deal.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3513719]I read & heard where they are front runner where is your source if this is a done deal.[/QUOTE]

It's not where is my source, it's who is my source. Obviously nothing is official, nothing on the dotted line. But he will be a Fin at some point tomorrow.

Veteran
    I'm hearing conflicting reports about him going to Miami, but either way, it will be interesting to see how much money he gets, because that will be the baseline for David Harris's new deal

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3513719]I read & heard where they are front runner where is your source if this is a done deal.[/QUOTE]

The NFL channel mentioned it about 15 minutes ago..They were talking possibilities of who may go where..

Jets Insider VIP
    Parcells tried to build through the draft. But now hes scrambling cause the jets are much more talented. I wouldnt be surprised if boldin and rolle end up in mia as well.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3513731]The NFL channel mentioned it about 15 minutes ago..They were talking possibilities of who may go where..[/QUOTE]

I heard that to on the NFL channel. Also read that he is flying to Miami but nothing definitive. After Miami could be a trip to the Giants.

Veteran
    This will suck if it happens. Gives them more flexibility in the draft to get some offensive playmakers.

They're not allowed to talk until midnight, how can it be a done deal? I'm not saying you're wrong, but aren't the Dolphins breaking some rules here?

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3513743]They're not allowed to talk until midnight, how can it be a done deal? I'm not saying you're wrong, but aren't the Dolphins breaking some rules here?[/QUOTE]

It's not done done, but probably very close to happening. There's calls being made all around the league about everyone. Always happens the night before free agency.
    From moretensens twitter..
    [QUOTE]mortreport :There are a lot of phones burning around league. Some free agency. Some trades. Browns very aggressive.[/QUOTE] Not just the Dolphins

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3513743]They're not allowed to talk until midnight, how can it be a done deal? I'm not saying you're wrong, but aren't the Dolphins breaking some rules here?[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong. But have a good source telling me it will happen quickly once FA starts. The guy has been money on things like this for years. Obviously things can change and its not a 100% done deal but word is he wont be leaving Miami and if he does no team will top the deal Miami is prepared to offer him.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3513737]Parcells tried to build through the draft. But now hes scrambling cause the jets are much more talented. I wouldnt be surprised if boldin and rolle end up in mia as well.[/QUOTE]

Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, Randy Starks, Gibril Wilson, Jason Ferguson, Anthony Fasano, Cameron Wake, Jason Taylor, Akin Ayodele. It's not like Bill Parcells suddenly realized that we're allowed to sign free agents, nor are we somehow losing a race against a team that hasn't beaten us since Septemner 2008.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3513737]Parcells tried to build through the draft. But now hes scrambling cause the jets are much more talented. I wouldnt be surprised if boldin and rolle end up in mia as well.[/QUOTE]

:huh: How is signing a FA scrambling? I guess the Jets were scrambling when they signed Faneca, Woody, Pace, Richardson, Bart Scott

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3513758]Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, Randy Starks, Gibril Wilson, Jason Ferguson, Anthony Fasano, Cameron Wake, Jason Taylor, Akin Ayodele. It's not like Bill Parcells suddenly realized that we're allowed to sign free agents, nor are we somehow losing a race against a team that hasn't beaten us since Septemner 2008.[/QUOTE]

Yet that same team has dominated Miami since September 1998.

This is probably Parcells' last year as GM and he has just witnessed a Jets team that was rebuilding and presumably giving Miami that much more margin for improvement in 2009 out run them by getting into the playoffs and defeat two opponents on the road and hold their own against Indy at home.

The pressure just went up exponentially because Miami fans and the media will ask why Miami could not do the same after two years. Couple that with Parcells' limited remaining time and the motivation is clear.

[QUOTE=LockeJET;3513756]I may be wrong. But have a good source telling me it will happen quickly once FA starts. The guy has been money on things like this for years. Obviously things can change and its not a 100% done deal but word is he wont be leaving Miami and if he does no team will top the deal Miami is prepared to offer him.[/QUOTE]
    I believe you. I was just under the impression that teams were not to contract free agents from other teams until midnight tonight. I guess I was wrong.