Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dansby to Miami (merged)

wow, that's a lot of bread. :eek:

not really, for a player of his caliber, that's market value

Veteran
    Damn. I was hoping they struck out with FAs this year.

All Pro
    Nice move still very weak on defernse, McLain would have been the better move. The battle for second place behind the Jets continues:yes:

It's market value.

Either way, Dansby is a very good player but not an all-pro guy. Rather he not be on the Dolphins but I'm not scared of him either.

All League
    Pace also got $22m guaranteed so it's market value.

Hall Of Fame
    nice signing by the fish..was hoping he'd miss out on the afc east!

cards back to being terrible? No Rolle, Boldin, Warner, Dansby

All League
    dammit.....

Veteran
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3515844]nice signing by the fish..was hoping he'd miss out on the afc east!

cards back to being terrible? No Rolle, Boldin, Warner, Dansby[/QUOTE]

Bidwell still owns the team....short-lived prosperity I'm afraid for Cards fans :yes::yes:

[QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3515833]not really, for a player of his caliber, that's market value[/QUOTE]

Dansby averages slightly less then 4 sacks and 2 INTs a season, and is coming off of arguably his worst season as a Pro. Maybe your right, but it seems like a bit of an overpay to me.

Pace was a little different in that he was coming off a breakout season in his contract year and was being paid for expected future production rather then past production, which he has lived up to. Scott, well, you're not going to get any argument from me, I agree that he's overpaid as well, but he brings a lot in the intangibles and leadership department that Rex felt was important.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3515875]Dansby averages slightly less then 4 sacks and 2 INTs a season, and is coming off of arguably his worst season as a Pro. Maybe your right, but it seems like a bit of an overpay to me.

Pace was a little different in that he was coming off a breakout season in his contract year and was being paid for expected future production rather then past production, which he has lived up to. Scott, well, you're not going to get any argument from me, I agree that he's overpaid as well, but he brings a lot in the intangibles and leadership department that Rex felt was important.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Pace is much better of a player IMO. Scott... eh, I don't know. He's done a lot of the little things that made this defense #1 statistically in basically every single category... god it's good to say that. :D

Anyway, I like Scott and while he made some really bad plays out there he also made some really brilliant plays too. I'm glad he's here and don't mind overpaying him.. much like what you've stated. So basically, good post.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

.....Merge?
    Last edited by LockeJET; 03-05-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Change the title back JW...:)

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Good signing.

it's a good pick up for miami

We needed this badly. We had basically no LBs. I still excpect us to draft more LBs early though.

Dansby is a good player, but I think he's a little overrated. He played on a bad defense in Arizona, but was by far their best player.

A lot of money for a soon to be 29 year old. Jets signed Pace to his big deal at 27.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3515875][B]Dansby averages slightly less then 4 sacks and 2 INTs a season, and is coming off of arguably his worst season as a Pro. Maybe your right, but it seems like a bit of an overpay to me.[/B]

Pace was a little different in that he was coming off a breakout season in his contract year and was being paid for expected future production rather then past production, which he has lived up to. Scott, well, you're not going to get any argument from me, I agree that he's overpaid as well, but he brings a lot in the intangibles and leadership department that Rex felt was important.[/QUOTE]

Like the Banta Cain move, I'm glad these guys eat up some of our rivals' resources. Not scared of either guy at all. Good players but not difference makers. Fins had to do something.

Makes up for them missing out on Pace. I'm happy with Pace.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nice signing by the Phins.

I agree with Boynton, I still say they should take McClain if he's on the board. Dansby and McLain would be hellacious in the middle.