Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Insider: Jets in running for Brandon Marshall

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3513841]I think a change of scenery could help Marshall and I think that he could gel with young Sanchez in the same way he gelled with a young Cutler. After all, we did say we'd open up the passing game a little bit this coming season, right? I mean, what better way to put pressure on an already weak (for now) Pats secondary (after all, the division STILL goes through NE despite what some may think) than by adding Marshall. There were a lot of reports that the Williams murder still ingers with him so maybe a change would do him good. I also don't see Rex standing for his childish behavior much like a young HC like McDaniels did. It's almost like us adding a Moss-like WR to our team.[/QUOTE]

What's the point? It would be a total luxury pickup.

The only reason I wouldn't mind bringing in Boldin is because it would be at the expense of Rhodes, not draft picks.

Like I said, we already spent two picks bringing in Braylon. Do you guys honestly want to invest our 1st, 3rd, and 5th round draft picks all into the receiver position? To hell with that.

We already have two starters in place (Edwards/Cotchery). Just find a decent slot guy through FA or the late rounds of the draft and be done with it.

Are we really going to brush aside our desperate needs at CB/OLB/DE to bring in a total malcontent like Marshall, who might I add will be looking for a totally lucrative contract?

Funk that.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3513849]What's the point? It would be a total luxury pickup.

The only reason I wouldn't mind bringing in Boldin is because it would be at the expense of Rhodes, not draft picks.

Like I said, we already spent two picks bringing in Braylon. Do you guys honestly want to invest our 1st, 3rd, and 5th round draft picks all into the receiver position? To hell with that.

We already have two starters in place (Edwards/Cotchery). Just find a decent slot guy through FA or the late rounds of the draft and be done with it.

Are we really going to brush aside our desperate needs at CB/OLB/DE to bring in a total malcontent like Marshall, who might I add will be looking for a totally lucrative contract?

Funk that.[/QUOTE]

But we'd be awesome in Madden! :P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3513853]But we'd be awesome in Madden! :P[/QUOTE]

Well that goes without saying. :D

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3513849]What's the point? It would be a total luxury pickup.

Funk that.[/QUOTE]

you make no sense. how is Brandon freaking Marshall a luxury pickup? our 31st ranked passing offense begs to differ. you ever hear the phrase "rich get richer"? Marshall would significantly improve our offense and make it near impossible to defend. Our offense would take tons of pressure off our D (who were relied upon heavily to keep us in games). You have to make moves to make yourself stronger, not just try to plug every leak that springs up cause you'll be doing that forever if that's your strategy.

think about if marshall were to go to the colts. would that be a luxury pick? they have a ton of great recievers and were missing anthony gonzalez last season and don't necessarily need marshall. but i'm sure adding marshall pretty much would gauruntee them a championship.

this is the mentality we have to try to abandon. this league is a passing league and you got to be able to throw the rock to win. surround sanchez with unstoppable weapons like keller, edwards, marshall and greene and we'll have a championship caliber team. as long as our defense plays about the same as they did last season, why couldn't we take it all?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3513857]you make no sense. how is Brandon freaking Marshall a luxury pickup? our 31st ranked passing offense begs to differ. you ever hear the phrase "rich get richer"? Marshall would significantly improve our offense and make it near impossible to defend. Our offense would take tons of pressure off our D (who were relied upon heavily to keep us in games). You have to make moves to make yourself stronger, not just try to plug every leak that springs up cause you'll be doing that forever if that's your strategy.

think about if marshall were to go to the colts. would that be a luxury pick? they have a ton of great recievers and were missing anthony gonzalez last season and don't necessarily need marshall. but i'm sure adding marshall pretty much would gauruntee them a championship.

this is the mentality we have to try to abandon. this league is a passing league and you got to be able to throw the rock to win. surround sanchez with unstoppable weapons like keller, edwards, marshall and greene and we'll have a championship caliber team. as long as our defense plays about the same as they did last season, why couldn't we take it all?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? How is Marshall a luxury pickup for us? I thought I just covered this?

When you already have the likes of Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery starting at wideout, what sense does it make to trade your 1st round pick for yet another #1 receiver? Trading for Marshall would be the definition of a luxury signing.

Our offense will significantly improve just from the fact that Sanchez now has a full year plus playoff experience under his belt.

And yes, I agree that it's a passing league. So why the hell would we brush aside our extremely pressing need at CB to bring in a headcase at a non-premier position? Manning just sh*t all over us throwing to the likes of Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon in case you forgot.

I'm sorry, but trading a 1st for Marshall with our current situation would be a boneheaded move of Dan Snyder proportions.

A 3-wide offense with Marshall, B Edwards, & Cotchery !!!!!

I am getting HOT just thinking about that...:yes:

use the money saved up from the tjones and sheppard releases to sign mr dunta robinson then use our first to get bmarsh

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DRevis24;3513878]use the money saved up from the tjones and sheppard releases to sign mr dunta robinson then use our first to get bmarsh[/QUOTE]

Too late, Dunta is finalizing with the Falcons.
    Last edited by RageATL; 03-04-2010 at 10:00 PM.

All Pro
    i'm sorry guys.. but i would have a total boner if we got marshall...

I've dreamed of a day when our house was a wide receiver luftewaffe

All League
    With Rex, our D is ALWAYS going to be good. If this team is going to win the SB, it starts and eneds with Sanchez. So Tanny's main job is to make sure Sanchez has everything he needs to succeed.

How the hell can a QB with the best o-line in the league, with Marshall, Edwards, Cotchery, and Keller not be successfull.

I would give up 29 for him right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He would be the " Beast " of the East.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3513857]you make no sense. how is Brandon freaking Marshall a luxury pickup? [B]our 31st ranked passing offense begs to differ[/B]. [/QUOTE]

Mark Sanchez is the reason the Jets had the 31st ranked passing offense.

Seriously.

The Jets passing offense was hamstrung by a rookie starting QB with 16 collegiate starts learning on the job.

You put Marshall on the Jets last year and what happens? The Jets would be 31st in passing.

Sanchez's development will be the reason why the Jets improve in the passing game.

Like UT said, Marshall is a luxury pickup. If Sanchez is consistently good next year it won't matter who he's throwing to.

This Madden mentality has to stop.

[QUOTE=SMC;3513900]Mark Sanchez is the reason the Jets had the 31st ranked passing offense.

Seriously.

The Jets passing offense was hamstrung by a rookie starting QB with 16 collegiate starts learning on the job.

You put Marshall on the Jets last year and what happens? The Jets would be 31st in passing.

Sanchez's development will be the reason why the Jets improve in the passing game.

Like UT said, Marshall is a luxury pickup. If Sanchez is consistently good next year it won't matter who he's throwing to.

[B]This Madden mentality has to stop[/B].[/QUOTE]

Someone else that gets it. :clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pcola;3513882]With Rex, our D is ALWAYS going to be good. If this team is going to win the SB, it starts and eneds with Sanchez. So Tanny's main job is to make sure Sanchez has everything he needs to succeed.

How the hell can a QB with the best o-line in the league, with Marshall, Edwards, Cotchery, and Keller not be successfull.

[B]I would give up 29 for him right now[/B].[/QUOTE]

Hate to yell, but ...

[B][SIZE="5"]THE JETS WILL HAVE TO GIVE MARSHALL A MONSTER CONTRACT!!![/SIZE][/B]

Seriously guys. This isn't about trading the 29th pick alone. This is about the Jets having to commit to Marshall a multiyear contract with something like $20+ million guaranteed, plus a poison pill, and then give up the 29th pick if the Broncos don't match.

So all you Maddenites want the Jets to commit a huge contract to a headcase, girlfriend beater, locker room cancer while letting Edwards walk after 2010 (after giving up a 2 picks and players) because the Jets won't be able to re-sign him???

braylon edwards cant hold marshalls jock strap any day of the week, THREE times on sundays..if we can get him for 29 you do it in a second.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3513904]Someone else that gets it. :clapper:[/QUOTE]

This isn't last year, and if BE caught half of his passes, plus this guy will be 26, giving Sanchez 4 years to get it done, perfect piece of the puzzle.

Here is some proof of what he can do...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKctyrlYW9s[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPINVd9zBko[/url]

Another one against a team we play twice every year.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TU-yN1TEfk[/url]
    Last edited by JetsFanInDenver; 03-04-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Giving up the number 29 overall is not bad might be worth doing but...

He can be trouble
    it will take a huge contract to get it done..how does that work when the cap comes back
    maybe we sign Marshall and trade Edwards?

I say stay pat draft wr in the first 2 rounds.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInDenver;3514012]Here is some proof of what he can do...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKctyrlYW9s[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPINVd9zBko[/url]

Another one against a team we play twice every year.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TU-yN1TEfk[/url][/QUOTE]

Okay, super.

And here's some proof of what Edwards can do, you know, the guy we just traded two picks for about 5 months ago?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpiZ8vOb7w[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VhnFl6_pXc[/url]

Have you guys given up on this kid already? Everyone likes to b*tch about the dropped balls, forgetting that Marshall is neck and neck with Braylon in that category every year.

All Pro
    Braylons hands arent good enough to deny a chance at Aquiring Marshall and i still like Braylon. but Braylon still has alot to prove as a player. Marshall is Proven