Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ESPN Insider: Jets in running for Brandon Marshall

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3515355]How is he over rated? You're just making an emotional statement and going against the grain like you always do. If you even watched football you'd know that kid is an extremely talented football player. Over rated? No. He might be a prick but he's definitely one of the top WRs in the league.[/QUOTE]

The 'ol "if you watched," aye?

I've seen Marshall play, it's impressive. Doesn't mean he's the only guy close to as good as he is, nor does it mean that his character and our current roster make him appetizing for him.

He's overrated in the sense that there's a bunch of big young WRs in the league...We have one ourselves. Then we have another guy who's just plain ol' good. Then we have a TE athletic enough to move around to the slot or possibly even outside for certain plays.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-05-2010 at 03:52 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys really seem to be ignoring how much of an a**hole Marshall really is. The guy didn't earn the name "Baby TO" for nothing.

Talented as hell, but there's a reason everyone in Denver wants him out of town. The guy is a piss poor teammate. Undermines players and coaches, gets into outrageously stupid sh*t off the field...the list goes on.

The dick didn't even want to play towards the end of last season when Denver's playoff hopes were on the line.

F*ck Marshall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3515383]The 'ol "if you watched," aye?

I've seen Marshall play, it's impressive. Doesn't mean he's the only guy close to as good as he is, nor does it mean that his character and our current roster make him appetizing for him.

He's overrated in the sense that there's a bunch of big young WRs in the league...We have one ourselves. Then we have another guy who's just plain ol' good. Then we have a TE athletic enough to move around to the slot or possibly even outside for certain plays.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you're coming from. His talent isn't over rated though. You're right though, as I don't know if it's a good idea to mix him and the newly acquired Cromartie and then Braylon Edwards, oh yeah and then Kerry Rhodes. We'd have a dangerous party clique right there. Might be too much to handle.

I do think that Rex's presence and the vets on this team won't allow for any of that crap, as we haven't really seen those problems in NY for a while. The closest thing I recall is Justin Miller punching some girl in the face. Haha.

Anyway, I'd love to have him on the team for the right price. I've gone on record stating how much I think Cotchery is the best WR on our team so I respect what we have. I just think that adding Marshall to that mix really makes this offense unstoppable.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone who catches 21 balls in a game is a gamer...i don't care what his baggage is we just got a cb who has 7 kids with 6 women in different states all the same age...as long as we win that Lombardi trophy he can piss and moan all he wants...get it done
    Last edited by BigJet85; 03-05-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]I do think that Rex's presence and the vets on this team won't allow for any of that crap, as we haven't really seen those problems in NY for a while. The closest thing I recall is Justin Miller punching some girl in the face. Haha.[/QUOTE]

1. That is pretty funny.

2. Why would we want to bring that bacK because he's talented? There's other talented guys, and we already have two starters.

3. Then draft a guy with character problems. I wouldn't care too much about that.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3515404]
    Talented as hell, but there's a reason everyone in Denver wants him out of town. The guy is a piss poor teammate. Undermines players and coaches, gets into outrageously stupid sh*t off the field...the list goes on.

The dick didn't even want to play towards the end of last season when Denver's playoff hopes were on the line.

F*ck Marshall.[/QUOTE]

What makes you say everyone wants him out of this town ?
    Here's what the bronco fans think. And if you listen to local WFAN radio the guys are bummed and know many Bronco players who are bummed that he is on the trading block.
    And here is some fan feedback.
    [url]http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?t=14520090[/url]

There is reason some team wants to spend a high 1st round draft pick for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3515437]1. That is pretty funny.

2. Why would we want to bring that bacK because he's talented? There's other talented guys, and we already have two starters.

3. Then draft a guy with character problems. I wouldn't care too much about that.[/QUOTE]

I'm warming up to Tate. But WR has got to be the toughest position to gauge talent wise in the draft. So many players just not performing. I'm all about getting a proven commodity if they're young. Really, I want to keep all of our picks this year. If they wanted Rhodes straight up that would be nice. Probably not gonna happen though.

I'd like to trade up and grab Taylor Mays. That would be sick. Otherwise just stay put and draft the best WR or best DE on the board. However, Marshall would be great here.

I will say that the point about him quitting on his team is disconcerting. I don't know how much of that was on the HC though. But if he truly quit on his team then I'd be very reluctant to bring him here. However, how many times did Moss quit on his team? Then he goes to the Pats and breaks the single season TD record and becomes the Randy Moss everyone knows he could have been his whole career? I think we have the locker room, but we really need to worry about chemistry too.

The main reason, as the players have said, that we did what we did this season was because they bonded as a team and had great chemistry. A guy like Marshall could damage team chemistry. Got to be careful. Anyway, doesn't sound like it was a real deal to begin with. Just Tanny getting a feel for the value of the quality of player available to use that in other deals. That's probably why he gets such great trades. Does his homework.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3515383]
    He's overrated in the sense that there's a bunch of big young WRs in the league...We have one ourselves. Then we have another guy who's just plain ol' good. Then we have a TE athletic enough to move around to the slot or possibly even outside for certain plays.[/QUOTE]

Are those bunch of big WRs available ? The one we have is very good but not as good as Marshall.

The fact remains the JETS were struggling all season on 3rd and longs after Leon Washington went down. And Cotchery & Keller were part of that offense all along. Braylon Edwards was part of that offense for a majority of the games without Leon. We did not become a ground and pound offense entirely by choice. We had no other option. We always struggled to play from behind. We look lost when we were down by only 2 TD's against the Colts.

The JETS need a solid 3rd down throw it to me and I will catch it no matter what receiver. Brandon Marshall is that guy. And then he is a stud running outside the numbers and stretching the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInDenver;3515466]Are those bunch of big WRs available ? The one we have is very good but not as good as Marshall.

The fact remains the JETS were struggling all season on 3rd and longs after Leon Washington went down. And Cotchery & Keller were part of that offense all along. Braylon Edwards was part of that offense for a majority of the games without Leon. We did not become a ground and pound offense entirely by choice. We had no other option. We always struggled to play from behind. We look lost when we were down by only 2 TD's against the Colts.

The JETS need a solid 3rd down throw it to me and I will catch it no matter what receiver. Brandon Marshall is that guy. And then he is a stud running outside the numbers and stretching the field.[/QUOTE]

This.

I love our guys, but Marshall is better than anything on the roster and we had trouble breaking free from coverage. I blame a lot of that on Brian and the play calling/design as we often had 2 WRs in the same spot on the field. Sometimes the QB didn't make the right read. Sometimes the defense just had our number. But bringing in a guy like Marshall dramatically reduces those other problems and he's a tall target too. Cotchery really is the only WR I trust with the game on the line to be honest. I'm surprised that Keller came on strong late in really clutch spots. He's winning me over but him and Edwards still scare me with the game on the line. Brandon Marshall would make us that much better.

If not Marshall then we need some sort of terror in the slot that can win one on one battles against weaker CBs in the league. Real speed and quickness to go with good route running and soft hands.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Are those bunch of big WRs available ? The one we have is very good but not as good as Marshall.
    [/QUOTE]

Meh...Edwards' '07 is better than any of Marshall's best season.

Still doesn't change the fact that we're set with veteran starting WRs.

[QUOTE]The fact remains the JETS were struggling all season on 3rd and longs after Leon Washington went down. And Cotchery & Keller were part of that offense all along. Braylon Edwards was part of that offense for a majority of the games without Leon. We did not become a ground and pound offense entirely by choice. We had no other option. We always struggled to play from behind. We look lost when we were down by only 2 TD's against the Colts. [/QUOTE]

Yea...the "no choice" part is because of a rookie QB and injury to our main 3rd down playmaker.

[QUOTE]The JETS need a solid 3rd down throw it to me and I will catch it no matter what receiver. Brandon Marshall is that guy. And then he is a stud running outside the numbers and stretching the field.[/QUOTE]

Yea...they have 3 already. 4 if you want to count Leon. 0 are pricks in the way that Marshall is a prick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we were looking to bringing I boy scouts, we certainly wouldn't ahve brought in Edwards last year or Cromartie yesterday.

So character issues are not whats keeping the Jets form going after Marshall. maybe its the fact that he will cost us a first round AND we have to try to sign him long term. The other guys are still under our control.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3515430]anyone who catches 21 balls in a game is a gamer...i don't care what his baggage is we just got a cb who has 7 kids with 6 women in different states all the same age...as long as we win that Lombardi trophy he can piss and moan all he wants...get it done[/QUOTE]

agreed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't need Brandon Marshall. Our passing offense will be significantly better next season now that Mark will have a full off-season to work with Braylon Edwards.

Only thing we're missing as far as receivers go is a slot and you can find that in the draft.