Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JETS need a DL now! Here are some ideas...

JETS need a DL now! Here are some ideas...

With Cromartie on board, the secondary will be strong. Our LB corps are already strong. But we still need one more strong DL. Maybe a pass rusher like Kyle Vanden Bosch?
    How about Aaron Kampman?
    Corey Williams from the Browns can play...(Status update on K.Jenkins?)
    I also heard Mangini would move Shaun Rogers for draft picks. He can definitely play.
    Comments on any of these guys?
    Any others?

well, considering we have limited picks left and we gave up another mid rounder next year, i think a trade of a DLineman is out. i could see the jets bringing in some youth through the draft and multiple guys that go undrafted. for the most part, with our secondary and lb core, if the front 3 can just occupy blockers, we should be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Kampman will end up in Seattle.

[QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3514361]well, considering we have limited picks left and we gave up another mid rounder next year, i think a trade of a DLineman is out. i could see the jets bringing in some youth through the draft and multiple guys that go undrafted. for the most part, with our secondary and lb core, if the front 3 can just occupy blockers, we should be fine.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.
    Tanny aint done. You'll see.

sorry but not realistic...

would rather draft guys like

lamarr houston (round 2)
    tyson alualu (round 2)
    linval joseph (round 2)
    mike neal (round 2)
    corey peters (round 5)
    clifton geathers (round 5)

All Pro
    Let CLE trade up to our spot by giving us their 2nd round pick and shaun rogers

[QUOTE=sosiwa_23;3514372]

would rather draft guys like

lamarr houston (round 2)
    tyson alualu (round 2)
    linval joseph (round 2)
    mike neal (round 2)
    corey peters (round 5)
    clifton geathers (round 5)[/QUOTE]

This year is supposed to be a deep draft for DL talent. I have heard that from other people as well. I'm just tired & pissed off about our high DL drafts...Gholston, Bryan Thomas, Dwayne Robertson...its the one position we've never drafted well. Unless of course, you liked Eric Obagu (sp)...
    Last edited by Baddniss; 03-05-2010 at 06:20 PM.

[QUOTE=Paradis;3514374]Let CLE trade up to our spot by giving us their 2nd round pick and shaun rogers[/QUOTE]

I think if you traded a draft pick or two to add Shaun Rogers to this DL, we would be FREAKIN' DANGEROUS!!!! Teams would be out-right scared to come play us!
    I like that!
    Last edited by Baddniss; 03-05-2010 at 06:21 PM.

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3514358]With Cromartie on board, the secondary will be strong. Our LB corps are already strong. But we still need one more strong DL. Maybe a pass rusher like Kyle Vanden Bosch?
    How about Aaron Kampman?
    Corey Williams from the Browns can play...(Status update on K.Jenkins?)
    I also heard Mangini would move Shaun Rogers for draft picks. He can definitely play.
    Comments on any of these guys?
    Any others?[/QUOTE]

just to clarify...

not realistic for the following reasons:

- Kyle Vanden Bosch is a 4-3 DE. We need a 3-4 DE (big difference)
    - Aaron Kampman is a 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB. We need a 3-4 DE
    - Corey Williams is rumored to have been traded to the Lions
    - Saun Rogers would be luxury and we probably cant afford luxury right now (just dont have enough picks)

I also agree that Tanny isn't done just yet but I don't think it will involve trading away picks unless its for Brandon Marshall. I'd give up our 1 for him in a heartbeat. I think we'll try to recoup some picks by trading Kerry or we'll wait for the draft and move back into round two.

just my humble opinion.

Would love to see us pickup Chris Baker and Adalius Thomas...

[QUOTE=sosiwa_23;3514382]
    I also agree that Tanny isn't done just yet, but I don't think it will involve trading away picks unless its for Brandon Marshall. I'd give up our 1 for him in a heartbeat.
    ...[/QUOTE]

Trade our #1 & #6 for BRANDON MARSHALL
    Trade our #2 & #5 (from Eagles) for SHAUN ROGERS

Then I am in heaven.

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3514388]Trade our #1 & #6 for BRANDON MARSHALL
    Trade our #2 & #5 (from Eagles) for SHAUN ROGERS

Then I am in heaven.[/QUOTE]

Soooo that would leave us with a sole 7th round draft choice... sounds good to me.:D

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3514379]This year is supposed to be a deep draft for DL talent. I have heard that from other people as well. I'm just tired & pissed off about our high DL drafts...Gholston, Bryan Thomas...its the one position we've never drafted well. Unless of course, you liked Eric Obagu (sp)...[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, those two were drafted to play OLB.

If Kampman was working out well in the 3-4 he wouldnt be switching teams...

[IMG]http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w48/img.423398_t.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    not a good idea to go into April with NO picks until the seventh round, IMHO

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3514489]not a good idea to go into April with NO picks until the seventh round, IMHO[/QUOTE]

Our D-line is good it just needs some youth this draft is deep on d-lineman I draft in round 1 & 2 d-lineman to infuse youth fir years to come.

We definitely need a dynamic DE to help that frontline apply pressure on the QB. Douglas is better suited as a backup and Ellis isn't getting any younger. A healthy Jenkins would help a ton but we still need help upfront. Rogers would be intriguing but Tanny isn't going to be able to rob Holmgren the way he did Mangini.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    There are a few ways to go with this, D is our strength not our weakness, need a Passrusher, RB,WR,.....LB, OL. A mix of 3 of the 5 and I'm happy for this year.

All League
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3514528]Our D-line is good it just needs some youth this draft is deep on d-lineman I draft in round 1 & 2 d-lineman to infuse youth fir years to come.[/QUOTE]

I think we have quality youth in Mike Devito. Kid is only going to get better. Count on it.

NO NO NO NO NO the Jets need youth no players over 28 to be traded for unless we get said player and multiple draft picks. Remember we made the AFCC game but we were 9-7 also.