Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JETS need a DL now! Here are some ideas...

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3514412]Soooo that would leave us with a sole 7th round draft choice... sounds good to me.:D[/QUOTE]

who cares about draft picks if we grabbed Cromartie, B.Marshall & Shaun Rogers????
    When could you EVER see a draft like that?
    Screw draft picks...

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3514358]With Cromartie on board, the secondary will be strong. Our LB corps are already strong. But we still need one more strong DL. Maybe a pass rusher like Kyle Vanden Bosch?
    How about Aaron Kampman?
    Corey Williams from the Browns can play...(Status update on K.Jenkins?)
    I also heard Mangini would move Shaun Rogers for draft picks. He can definitely play.
    Comments on any of these guys?
    Any others?[/QUOTE]

Kampman is going to Seattle

C. Williams has been traded to the Lions

[QUOTE=sg3;3514489]not a good idea to go into April with NO picks until the seventh round, IMHO[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding?
    Lets try this again (slower)...You care more about having draft picks that may or may not pan out, than you do about getting proven players like Cromartie, B.Marshall, AND Shaun Rogers together ???
    You're joking right?

When have you ever seen one team have a draft of 3 players like this in one year? Ever, in the history of the NFL...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3514663]Are you kidding?
    Lets try this again (slower)...You care more about having draft picks that may or may not pan out, than you do about getting proven players like Cromartie, B.Marshall, AND Shaun Rogers together ???
    You're joking right?

When have you ever seen one team have a draft of 3 players like this in one year? Ever, in the history of the NFL...[/QUOTE]

1974 Steelers Draft..Swan,Stallworth,Lambert and Webster..All HOF'ers..:yes:

we will be getting Adelius Thomas after the Pats cut him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3514663]Are you kidding?
    You're joking right?

When have you ever seen one team have a draft of 3 players like this in one year? Ever, in the history of the NFL...[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% with that philosophy. The only problem with Marshall is that you also have to pay him big time money. Not sure I want to give him big-long term money.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3514612]I think we have quality youth in Mike Devito. Kid is only going to get better. Count on it.[/QUOTE]

I agree DeVito really came on last year and should only get better. I am a big believer in drafting on both sides of the line in the 1st round (last year was an exception), playing the 3-4 never enough quality d-lineman to rotate in.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;3514682]Agree 100% with that philosophy. The only problem with Marshall is that you also have to pay him big time money. Not sure I want to give him big-long term money.[/QUOTE]

The other thing regarding getting Marshall that people aren't considering....With a team of Marshall, Edwards, Cotch, Keller and Leon just how many passes would be coming Marshall's way and/or Edwards way? And then how would Marshall react to that? He could make waves, lots of them....

Forget the Marshall talk...Focus on getting a WR that can start out as a slot WR / KR...

All League
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3514379]This year is supposed to be a deep draft for DL talent. I have heard that from other people as well. I'm just tired & pissed off about our high DL drafts...Gholston, Bryan Thomas...its the one position we've never drafted well. Unless of course, you liked Eric Obagu (sp)...[/QUOTE]

Abraham and Ellis was a hell of a year (both in 1st round back to back) but I see your point, Robertson is another one BUT only Gholston was drafted by this Front Office, allbeit a real bad pick but in fairness he was drafted as a OLB, not a DL.

[QUOTE=Savage69;3514677]1974 Steelers Draft..Swan,Stallworth,Lambert and Webster..All HOF'ers..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Ok. thats 1 draft out of 900 teams drafting over the last 30 years!

I dont like those odds very much...I would always rather trade for PROVEN star players...

i'm all for trading for marshall, whatever it takes.

i would rather keep 1 draft pick and take either the best young cb or dl that falls to us than draft rogers. it would be fiscally impossible to pay all those high profile players even if we do trade for them.

All League
    We need OL depth sooner rather than later, they've remained healthy for an absurd stretch and you cant count on that forever.

Absolutely! We have been very fortunate with the O-Line but that streak will hit an end eventually.

[QUOTE=Icer;3515847]We need OL depth sooner rather than later, they've remained healthy for an absurd stretch and you cant count on that forever.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I thought Randy Thomas might be a good pick-up now that the Redskins cut him. But I'm not sure about the status of his injury from mid-last season...

Veteran
    Speaking of Adalius Thomas, is there any word on him being released???

All Pro
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3515853]Absolutely! We have been very fortunate with the O-Line but that streak will hit an end eventually.[/QUOTE]

Draft Iupati at 29 (if he's still there). Rotate him in until he replaces Faneca full time.