Thread: Rogers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Rogers

What about letting CLE trade up to our spot and in return, get their 2nd round pick + Rogers?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shaun Rogers would be a great addition to the defense but with Holmgren taking over the personell moves in Cleveland we can forget anymore gimmes coming from Mangini.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why?

We have Chris Jenkins coming back and without him we still had the #1 defense and were 8th vs the run. Don't get me wrong I like Rogers as a player but I don't see NT as a priority right now, at least mot enough to trade for a guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3514698]Why?

We have Chris Jenkins coming back and without him we still had the #1 defense and were 8th vs the run. Don't get me wrong I like Rogers as a player but I don't see NT as a priority right now, at least mot enough to trade for a guy.[/QUOTE]

Kris jenkins can play NT yes, and shaun can go back to DE, where he wants to play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is 350 pounds. Has he ever played DE in a 3-4?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    bah, just plug him in.. or rotate him in with Jenkins.. maybe both their knees will last a season that way..

A healthy Jenkins & Rogers in December is the equivalent to the final stage boss in Contra

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Intriguing thought, but I prefer to get much younger on the DLine considering that DeVito is the only one under 30 in the rotation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed and thats why you spend the 2nd round pick on Odrick or Houston. so effectively you leave day 2 with Rogers, odrick/Houston, and Thomas at the end.

Tell me thats not beefing up the D-line

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3514816]Agreed and thats why you spend the 2nd round pick on Odrick or Houston. so effectively you leave day 2 with Rogers, odrick/Houston, and Thomas at the end.

Tell me thats not beefing up the D-line[/QUOTE]

So the Jets would come away with getting Rogers and dropping back from 29 and still have their own 2nd rounder.

Interesting. The Jets would still go DL/WR with their 1st 2 picks, plus have Rogers as a bonus. Could work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3514824]So the Jets would come away with getting Rogers and dropping back from 29 and still have their own 2nd rounder.

Interesting. The Jets would still go DL/WR with their 1st 2 picks, plus have Rogers as a bonus. Could work.[/QUOTE]

Of course, thats what i meant ya. Rogers + their two 2nd rnd picks is what they would have to spend on day 2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds all well and good but is Holmgren interested in dumping Rogers??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be a good move but Man-Boobs is no longer in charge in Cleveland. No way Holmgren gives us one of the few good players remaining on that roster.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    didn't they just off a DT. . . .?to the lions. I'd like that scenario though
    Last edited by MarkyMarkSanchez; 03-06-2010 at 04:29 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3516462]Would be a good move but Man-Boobs is no longer in charge in Cleveland. No way Holmgren gives us one of the few good players remaining on that roster.[/QUOTE]

IMO, I think this is 100% true, mostly because of the way that the Corey Williams thing went down.

So detroit gives them a 7th round pick for a perfect 3-4 DE....no way we wouldnt have paid a 6th for him, i dont care that his contract is 38 million. He is 29 yrs old and 320 lbs with a year of experience as a 3-4 DE. Seems like holmgren could have shopped for a better pick, but id doubt that he called us....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3516504]IMO, I think this is 100% true, mostly because of the way that the Corey Williams thing went down.

[B]So detroit gives them a 7th round pick for a perfect 3-4 DE[/B]....no way we wouldnt have paid a 6th for him, i dont care that his contract is 38 million. He is 29 yrs old and 320 lbs with a year of experience as a 3-4 DE. Seems like holmgren could have shopped for a better pick, but id doubt that he called us....[/QUOTE]

hmmm...he's a better 4-3 guy by far from what I've read and heard. However, I still think rex coulda worked his magic.