Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucky Brooks: Jets D "Scary Good" with Cromartie

Jets Insider VIP
    SCARY GOOD in 2009

SCARY BETTER NOW

LOMBARDI BEST IN February 2011

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3514495]Jenkins comes back, hopefully he stays healthy. Pace won't be suspended. Maybe, just maybe, Gholston can contribute. And they might even add another pass-rusher in the draft.

With some luck, this could be one of the best defenses of all-time.[/QUOTE]easy...jeez...

Hall Of Fame
    He may be a pu$$y but he is our pu$$y now.

I got half a chub reading the OP :eek::D

Jets Insider VIP
    SCARY, SCARY, SCARY GOOD

Randi the quitter is cowering under his bed thinking of having to face Turks and Caicos, the twin Islands, twice next season

All Pro
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;3514895]easy...jeez...[/QUOTE]

I get that my statement comes off as overly optimistic, possibly homerific.

But take a moment to think about how good the D was last year and how great it could be this year if everyone stays healthy and hungry.

The talent is there. Several players on that D have special, not just great, but special ability.

Of course, everything has to go right, but it's possible because they have all the ingredients and a great chef cooking up creative schemes that utilize the strengths of his players.

Guys like Cromartie, Pace and Rhodes need to play at or near their potential -- if they do, it'll be a year to remember.

The best part is, Tanny isn't finished shopping yet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3514495]
    With some luck, this could be one of the best defenses of all-time.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it could be ten times better than all the best defenses of all time put together!

Bewildered Beast
    Scary good, like the first time I had sex with another person. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Gholston has just one contribution left to make for this team. That being cap relief the year after the year in which he is cut.

Hall Of Fame
    Tanny is the best GM - No Doubt!

Observations:
    1 Cromartie will be on their 2nd best receiver - Not number 1
    2 You will see the 46 Defense storming the QB 80% of the time
    3 We don't need to use our 1st pick on a CB and can address our Pass rush issue
    4 So he doesn't like condoms - who does?

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3514519]Not to many pieces missing for Rex's defense, round 1 & 2 d-line and this defense is going to be real scary:yes:[/QUOTE]

How come only you and I see us going for D-line in rd 1?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3514428]Heck Yeah :rockon:

[IMG]http://www.newyorkjets.com//image_assets/10362/030310_antonio_cromartie_320_.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

awesome

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3515062]I get that my statement comes off as overly optimistic, [B][I]possibly[/I][/B] homerific.[/QUOTE]

[I]POSSIBLY.[/I]

[QUOTE=FF2;3515989][I]POSSIBLY.[/I][/QUOTE]

I agree that claiming this defense could be the best of all time is an extreme thing to claim, but in the guys defense, this defense SHOULD be very, very, very good. For one, they were awesome last year and that was without one of/if not the best NT in the game for half the season. A healthy Jenkins and this defense is already even better than last year.

The Cromartie trade obviously does a lot for the secondary, by A) possibly giving us the top CB tandem in the game([I]AC has proven he can succeed at the NFL level, and now being able to go against the oppositions #2 receiver he hopefully will return to his All-Pro form[/I]) and B) opening up more opportunities for Revis to make plays(If AC succeeds in shutting down his side, Revis might get tested a little more next year).

Players like Harris are just scratching the surface of their potential, and players like Rhodes, Thomas, Pace, Leonhard are all in the prime of their careers. The one hole, and it IS a big one, is the pass-rush. Pace/Thomas/Gholston(especially Gholston) need to step up their game, or someone else has to be brought in. Either way, this defense can't reach that level the previous poster mentioned unless this happens.

Regardless, "best defense ever" or not, this "D" should be ridiculously fun to watch.
    Last edited by bonkertons; 03-06-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    having the best defense, the best head coach and the best GM in the NFL ALL AT ONCE is truly an amazing blessing for THE NEW YORK JETS IN 2010

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3515884]How come only you and I see us going for D-line in rd 1?[/QUOTE]

Key to the 3-4 is the d-line we need to build on it and infuse lots of youth. If we get a natural pass rush with our corners and Rex's schemes this defense could be unbelievable.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3515784]I hope we don't rely on Gholston to provide a pass rush, IMO that would be a colossal mistake

Better draft that edge rusher instead, preferrably at 29 if Graham or Hughes is there[/QUOTE]
    Tannenbaum won't wait to see if one of these guys is available. If the scouting department and coaching staff determine they need one of them, he'll find a way to make him a Jet. That's his way.

Jets Insider VIP
    get some sleep, boynton, for godsake....it's 5:14 AM.... don't want you dozing off in the sunshine of 109 this September!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3516145]Tannenbaum won't wait to see if one of these guys is available. If the scouting department and coaching staff determine they need one of them, he'll find a way to make him a Jet. That's his way.[/QUOTE]

did you ever find out from your dad where your seats in the new joint are next season, bigkidd??? If so, let me know so we can add you to the JI seating spreadsheet

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3516146]get some sleep, boynton, for godsake....it's 5:14 AM.... don't want you dozing off in the sunshine of 109 this September!!!![/QUOTE]

I got to get to **** later and I hope not to be dozing I got to pay for those trips to sunshine 109